You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Manets wrote:

From an interview with them made by the Bergensavisen Newspaper, from Norway on it's 5 pages Guns N' Roses special:

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

wink

Some fuel to the fire. I heard the July release didn't work out and a November one is expected. Rock Band 3 is rumored to feature a brand new Guns N' Roses song. Announcement on E3, June 15-17, LA.

(The 2011 album Dizzy and Ashba were referring to is a completely new album that's being written by the current lineup as we speak, not the same rumored to come out this year)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

COOL STUFF IF TRUE!!

but is it new orig material? or old CD stuff with more layers added?

even if it is old stuff it would be better IMHO if they just got the current band in the studio to rerecord it from scratch..maybe have a song or two totally new, like written since 07 ish

edit, i saw that lst paragraph in manets post after my response..still the sentiment holds true smile

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:
Neemo wrote:

COOL STUFF IF TRUE!!

even if it is old stuff it would be better IMHO if they just got the current band in the studio to rerecord it from scratch..maybe have a song or two totally new, like written since 07 ish

edit, i saw that lst paragraph in manets post after my response..still the sentiment holds true smile

They worked on more than 1 CD at the same time. The next album is already finished. I find hard to believe that the 2010 rumored album WON'T have Buckethead, Robin Finck and Brian. The album Dizzy and Ashba are talking about is a different CD. The 2010 CD will be with the 06/08 line-up.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:

COOL STUFF IF TRUE!!

You know I don't even care, either way I'll be happy to hear another album from the band called Guns and Roses, end of story

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

oh id be happy to hear anything new as well cuz i think CD is really good ... and not to drag up a dead hores topic but there are times in CD where the songs get bogged down with just a wall of noise, be nice to strip it down a notch and have 8 guys instead of 12, might be easier to acheive clarity in production..also get all the stuff recorded with the same techniques at the same time...might make mixing and mastering easier

of course i dont know the first thing about production so maybe i'm way off base...and its more of a old fashioned ideal that really doesnt matter anymore hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well now...that just shot down the 2010 rumor 16

thanks for the heads up russ

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah i dont think we found out about CD until around mid-september '08 so who knows what news the next 3-4 months will bring smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Please let this be true!

Has anyone translated that article?

Board footer