You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: SPINAL TAP's CHRISTOPHER GUEST Receives Honorary Doctorate

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Spinal Tap rules.  I've never seen the Live Earth thing so I'll have to look for it.

I do remember years ago (I think it was at the Freddie Mercury Tribute) they were talking to Metallica, Kirk I think, whereever it was, it wasn't long after the self-titled album came out.

"So, Metallica Representative, where did you come up with the original idea of doing an all black album?"

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

This Is Spinal Tap is one of my all time favourite movies.  Great that Guest is being recognized for his musical contributions.  I know his songs were never meant to be serious, but he fooled a lot of people into thinking Spinal Tap was a real band (I guess in many respects Spinal Tap is a real band).  Anyone ever see A Mighty Wind?  Think Spinal Tap with folk music.  The film was a fun one.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:
Backslash wrote:

This Is Spinal Tap is one of my all time favourite movies.  Great that Guest is being recognized for his musical contributions.  I know his songs were never meant to be serious, but he fooled a lot of people into thinking Spinal Tap was a real band (I guess in many respects Spinal Tap is a real band).  Anyone ever see A Mighty Wind?  Think Spinal Tap with folk music.  The film was a fun one.

Yeah, A Mighty Wind is pretty much as good as Spinal Tap.

It's not music related, but another Christopher Guest one that is great is Best In Show.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:

And because I found it and laughed just as hard 15 years later, here's Spinal Tap talking to Metallica that I was talking about earlier

[youtube]R_wlcG1hCoE&feature=related[/youtube]

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer