You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

war wrote:

he's playing them well cause he's sober and has been playing them for 20 years - they should sound great.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

His solo album is boring, standard, old guy rock. The Fergie song is far from what I'd call pushing the envelope. And its sad that that's the song that you'd point to as him "doing something different." He can do better. Maybe he doesn't want to. That's always been my problem with Slash since he left GNR, even in some of his UYI work.

I think his quote about wanting to play with Thom Yorke but was afraid to, or afraid to ask, says a lot. He reverted to throwback riff rock. If you guys get your shits and giggles off that stuff that's fine. But its boring, imo. It's his bag, so I can't really fault him for it. I would have loved to hear what he would have done with Thom and Jack White.

I'm not miminlizing what he's doing or his accomplishments, its just my opinion. I know that wasn't directed at me personally, just stating it for the record.

Slash will never fit in with what Axl's doing. They're like oil and water at this point and they'll never fit like they once did. I just don't buy these pipe dreams that if they were together they'd suddenly make this incredible music. It's pretty obvious neither was into what the other was doing (musically) at the end of the original Guns era and still aren't.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Maybe Slash is saving his "Big Guns" for Guns N' Roses tongue. I don't give a shit what anybody says when I heard that fan remix of Slash's Beautiful Dangerous with Axl's lyrics from Prostitute well fuck that just sounds like Guns N' F' N' Roses to me. I heard that and thought WOW! this is what we've been missing. There's no way in hell anybody can tell me that if Slash and Axl banged out an album that it wouldn't be incredible. Even if it was average by classic Gn'R standards it would blow the fuck out of CD and any Slash solo/VR type project.  I don't know what it is but Axls voice sounds better with Slash's guitar and vice versa.  Actually I do know what it is. It's pure magic and NOTHING that either of these guys have done without the other has even come close to what they are together.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

I don't know what it is but Axls voice sounds better with Slash's guitar and vice versa.  Actually I do know what it is. It's pure magic and NOTHING that either of these guys have done without the other has even come close to what they are together.

Or maybe it's just personal preference and unwillingness to accept the fact that a duo you once loved has drifted apart both personally and artistically?
wink

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Whether or not Ashba can write a killer Guns N' Roses riff is irrelevant - we're never gonna hear it.

Guns N' Roses 2010 is such a joke - what's their newest song? Better? That track is nearly 10 years old.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that some people think this is a vital band.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Gong wrote:

Whether or not Ashba can write a killer Guns N' Roses riff is irrelevant - we're never gonna hear it.

Guns N' Roses 2010 is such a joke - what's their newest song? Better? That track is nearly 10 years old.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that some people think this is a vital band.

Man, is this a flashback? It's 2006 all over again 16

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Gong wrote:

Cheer up! Jeez...  15

I know this site is tolerant to almost every point of view, and that is a good thing in most cases.

I just don't get the mindset of some people.

You wake up and you get all worked up with frustration, and think: "Oh I hate this! Aha!! I know what I'm gonna do! I'll go on the internet and find a messageboard full of people who love this and I'm gonna try and bring them down into my missery"

I don't believe it's possible to be THAT upset over a band! A fucking band!

It's like some people are begging for others to react negative to their hatred, so that the thing that is REALLY bothering them can hopefully take a backseat...

Usually when I read posts from trolls who seem desperate to stear things in a negative direction, I just shake my head and feel bad for them.

A happy, joyfull person with a good job and a spouse and kids who love them don't act this way...

The universe is a mirror, what you put out there is gonna come right back at you. In some way or another....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah, what the fuck Gong. What is the point? Just let people enjoy what they enjoy. I just can't wrap my head around how stupid that post was. There's just no patience from me when it comes to post like this. It's like a million ways of using constructive criticism (I do it, Axlin do it, Lofton do it..we all do it) but you just managed to avoid all them.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Naltav wrote:

A happy, joyfull person with a good job and a spouse and kids who love them don't act this way...

What a crock.

My cup runneth over - I have three amazing sons and a beautiful wife. I own my own business and I live in one of the most beautiful spots in the world.

I'm not trolling - just giving my opinion - but I'm sorry to ruffle your feathers and rain on your parade - I'm out.

Peace.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Bono wrote:

I don't give a shit what anybody says when I heard that fan remix of Slash's Beautiful Dangerous with Axl's lyrics from Prostitute well fuck that just sounds like Guns N' F' N' Roses to me.

Got a link? I wouldn't mind hearing that.

Personally, I don't think that Slash and Axl would suddenly make Great Music were they to get back together now. Slash's output since GN'R hasn't had the same spark; the best of his output (Ghost, By The Sword, Beggars and Hangers-On, Slither, Fall To Pieces etc) is only as good as the average Use Your Illusion tracks.

I've no doubt that Axl could probably work some magic on those songs (Ghost in particular could really do with some decent lyrics) but they're just conventional classic rock. There's nothing in there like Better or If The World, and that's the sort of thing Axl wants to do these days.

Board footer