You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: I have to be honest with you...

slashsfro wrote:
madagas wrote:

I'm sure. But, the whole thing just has bad karma written all over it...kinda like Chinese Democracy. He looked like a complete buffoon last night and just made a mockery of sports, competition, and overall respect for others. Can anyone ever scream "I LOVE ME" more than that assclown did last night? What an obnoxious display of vanity.

That is true.  Now the knives are coming out quickly.  The Cleveland owner pretty much has a lot of skeletons that he can pull out.  He sent a letter out last night and basically bashed him.  He gave another interview and said LeBron quit on the team in the playoffs.  Now today, there's a story about how many concessions they made for him while he was a Cav (includes hiring LeBron cronies and building the arena to be closer to his house).

He doesn't owe them anything but it would have been classier if he had told them that he was going to MIA.  By all accounts, he never told them and he let them assume that he was going back there to CLE.

His brand is sunk.  This isn't like Kobe where he can rebuild it.  Even if he wins a few championships, he will be seen as the sidekick and not the main guy.  Everyone (except Heat fans) hate this guy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Lebron is so overrated.  He isn't and never will be Michael Jordan... He isn't even as good as Kobe or Dwade yet....  I am so sick of his worship.  If he wasn't 6'8" 265 or so, he would't get away with half the crap he does.  Just sick of his whole thing, who cares...  Too much media coverage.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The biggest thing I am sad about is how Axl pretty much pissed away the prime years of his musical life doing nothing.

His entire 30's pretty much and early 40's... those are a performers prime years most of the time... and NOTHING

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Seriously, Lebron made a huge ass of himself. He looks like a flake. But I don't think it'll hurt his brand. There's so much LJ worship its really not going to matter. I think he'll look back, if he's not already, at that TV show farce and see it was a huge mistake.

But, like Axl, all you can do is sitback and watch the train wreck... But it will be a fantastic train wreck.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Since we're off topic, LeBron ran from a challenge. He could have stayed in Cleveland and proved how great he is, but he saw an easier way to a championship via Miami, so he settled for it. I along with probably alot of others, view him lesser for having done so.  He will never be MJ. Never.

Having said that, I can't imagine David Stern or team owners are very happy about this. Players basically dictating who wins the next championship. It's at the point where there's little difference between 15 or 20 million anyway, so why not  join 2 of your buddies for less $ into a new city. NY, LA, Miami etc   how will cities like Salt Lake or Memphis compete??   NBA has a problem on their hand and needs to address it. Otrherwise next year Carmelo Anthony will join 2 other players in NY or Chicago. I hope the ratings & ESPN go down the toilet for betting all their money into LeBron & this new NBA.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll bet they don't win it....Kobe stayed after Shaq left and did it the right way. Fuck Lebron.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

spot on...

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Is this Lebron-thing really the priority of almost every media outlet and every person in the US? So much that it takes over threads on forums dedicated to a rock n roll band?
hmm

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Is this Lebron-thing really the priority of almost every media outlet and every person in the US? So much that it takes over threads on forums dedicated to a rock n roll band?
hmm

I was waiting for you to come in with that.  this thread has turned into a jockstraps joke

Board footer