You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Axl & Slash: Better Dangerous

What it says on the tin. This is a bit rough and ready, since it's my first time using Audacity...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UF8DI59H

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nice effort!  Some spots sound awesome... Slash and Axl could still do some bad ass stuff for sure.

elevendayempire

I've actually done a tweaked version to fix the timings in some places, which I'll upload when I get home from work. Still haven't fixed the bit that really jars, though; it's when Axl sings "All that I wanted"; the "all that" goes completely off-key, and it'll need quite a bit of fucking around with the pitch to make it work.

But yeah, there are places where it all comes together; that bit where I've bolted together "No-one ever told me when I was alone, they just thought I'd know better/Now I know you better," in the chorus, there's a bit where it harmonises perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised!

elevendayempire

I'm wondering if there's anything else that can be Slashified, now. I guess you could stick some Axl vocals onto Watch This! but I'm not sure which, if any, Chinese Democracy songs are in a similar tempo. Oh, and it might be fun to layer a Slash solo onto This I Love - maybe chopped and changed from Elan's Street Child?

What we really need are Mogg files for Slash's solo album!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, Street Child on TIL?  Great call!

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Very nice, I like it! If you upload a new version, please do it in at least 192kpbs, though, at 128 the high end sounds all garbled.

For my ipod I tagged it with this photo:
http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/s … _Smile.jpg

Board footer