You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The GnREvolution Guns N Roses Coversong project

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This is turning into our very own Chinese Democracy.

I'm playing the role of Merck.

You should play the role of Bach, and build false hope for a release date, and completely exaggerate the number of songs.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

And everybody just record their part on it's own track. We'll make sure I end up with all of the tracks at the end, and I'll mix it.

What do we do for drums. That's my question.

Other than drums, this should be easy enough. Just have whoever called rhythm send their parts to you asap, right?

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about drums. But yes, just get the files to me when everyone can.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, rhythm's should be recorded to a click, so we're not drifting all over the top of each other (that's what she said.) "Lies" version is 120 BPM. "Rio 91" is 120 BPM. "Live Era 87-93" is 112 BPM. I'm not sure what tempo the 2001 and up versions are.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Can I play the whistling part  on guitar or does that pevert the song? wink

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
russtcb wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

And everybody just record their part on it's own track. We'll make sure I end up with all of the tracks at the end, and I'll mix it.

What do we do for drums. That's my question.

Other than drums, this should be easy enough. Just have whoever called rhythm send their parts to you asap, right?

I can record a clean drum sound from my Roland V-drums kit. The sound is way better than what electronic drums used to be like and with a bit of tweaking I should be able to get a decent accoustic sound.

As far as Patience goes though, I assume you're thinking of the live arrangement where the drums come in halfway through? Otherwise, it's just some tambourine tongue

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Russ, I listened to a Tokyo clip and Frank drumming at that acoustic gig. Sounds good to me.  I'll see if I can at least record a scratch drum track this weekend and send it early next week.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah sorry this has kinda fallen off the wayside, i was away on holiday fora week and i've been trying to nail down a song that i'm supposed to play fpor my brothers wedding, would it be better to start with the rhythm or is drums better to start moving on?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer