You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Epiphany

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Reading on Friday...some of show may be live streaming.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
madagas wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

anyone taking odds that Axl won't finish this second Euro tour?

I'd go 50/50 at this point.

AtariLegend wrote:

Whatever it's the same people having the same mudane arguments over and over again on this forum.

Yeah as opposed to the other sites discussing the same fucking thing but their identical posts are apparently a breath of fresh air to you.

"Melvin Benn, the boss of Reading & Leeds Festival has revealed if the headliners Guns N' Roses take to the stage late, he'll pull the plug on their set.

The boss of Reading and Leeds festival has told the BBC, (here), he has told the band he will pull the plug on their set if they arrive on stage late, as they did at Leeds in 2002, and more recently at their first Stateside concert appearance in four years at the Rock 'N Rev Festival in Sturgis, South Dakota where the band kept the crowds waiting for two hours after the previous act.

The band's appearance at Leeds eight years was over two hours late and landed the festival in trouble with the local council. Melvin Benn is quoted as saying, "If Guns N' Roses decide to take to stage as late as they did in Leeds some years ago then the performance just won't happen. I've had a very heavy warning from the local councils. There is a curfew - it's a very strict curfew."

He adds, "We got away with it once. We won't get away with it for a second time. Unfortunately, if the band chose not to take to the stage on time there's really nothing I can do. I won't be allowed to break the curfew."

"The truth is - it's threatening the viability of the festival. It threatens the licence. It really is quite important."

Last week the festival had to stop rumours that Guns N' Roses had cancelled their performance after a hoax tweet penned by someone who hacked into Rose's account.

Reading Festival happens at Little Johns Farm, Richfield Avenue, Reading, Berkshire, and Leeds Festival, at Bramham Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, both happen from Friday 27th to Sunday 29th August."

James, I am going with a 75% chance the tour gets cut short. If Axl makes 27 dates, I'll kiss your white shiny ass. 13

I think that's awesome, and more promoters should do this.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Agreed.

Not about kissing James shiny white ass, though.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Agreed.

Not about kissing James shiny white ass, though.

No just the first part. 14

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Whatever it's the same people having the same mudane arguments over and over again on this forum.

Yeah as opposed to the other sites discussing the same fucking thing but their identical posts are apparently a breath of fresh air to you.

Well since you made that comment...

Yeah, believe it or not, except HTGTH... the others have more than 5 active threads at once and more than 9 active posters.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Well since you made that comment...

Yeah, believe it or not, except HTGTH... the others have more than 5 active threads at once and more than 9 active posters.

Yea, but that's not the point. The point is that no matter how many posters, they are all essentially the same arguments. Complaining about this place is no different than any other GNR site. They're all talk about the same shit for the most part, two people or two hundred.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I actually have about 12 aliases at each GNR site, so all you're reading is me, AtariLegend.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Axl can be punctual if he needs to be, was he late to the VMAs in 02 only a few days after the infamous Leeds show? No, he had to be on time or the show would have gone off air and nobody would have been any the wiser GNR were even meant to be there. So voila Axl's there on time (although maybe that's why that performance was so bad 16 ).

The BBC usually covers Reading festival on radio and tv so Friday should provide us with some good pro shot stuff hopefully.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer