You are not logged in. Please register or login.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

Re: Dublin, Ireland - September 1, 2010 (The O2)

alexh0618 wrote:

I don't get why they allow people that have floor/GA tickets bring drinks down to floor. Whenever I go to a concert, drinks are prohibited from the floor area for this exact reason.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

I don't get why they allow people that have floor/GA tickets bring drinks down to floor. Whenever I go to a concert, drinks are prohibited from the floor area for this exact reason.

Throwing things is stupid, but if I pay $9 for a beer I should be able to take it wherever the hell I want.

johndivney wrote:

just back home.
i left after house lights went up - one of the stwards came ove & told us to go home, i asked a second guy & he said same thing to contact ticketmaster/mcd in morning for a refund. this is at least 15mins after they'd walked.
by the time i got back to hotel they'd gone back on stage but i just checked out, jumped in my car & came home.
they went on @ 10.25.
there was a lot of PLASTIC bottles being thrown. there was a stupid butch lesbian behind me kept chucking them at ron & whoever wandered over to that side. there are no glass bottles or cups on sale @ the venue.
didn't see axl in car park like the woman on radio said but pretty much everything else she said was otfm - he really looked like he didn't want to be there.

ftr bfast the night before is maybe the best i've ever seen guns.
been a sleepless few days so i'm off to bed dreamin about getting a refund. there's 2 much bad shit from 2night to process atm..

edit - & 4tus kinda looks like adrien brody

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Home from Dublin.

The band was late on stage about 10.30 i reckon, the crowd was'nt happy but settled in after the first couple of songs. A few and I mean very few fans threw bottles because of the delay starting, I personally did'nt think it was that bad but i was fairly drunk. The band left the stage for about half an hour. I noticed alot of the seats were empty at the top seating area but then they came back on stage and the seats filled back up pretty quickly.
Axl sounded low in the mix he was hard to hear over the music but even so it was an awesome show.

Anyone who left fucked up they missed one hell of a show..........IMO  smile

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Still sucked that this shit happened but meh what ya gonna do.

Oh yeah and i gots me a plectrum Courtesy of Ashba 3

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Glad you had a good time, but I don't think this show will go down in the record books as a banner night for the band.  Apparently Axl just stood in one place the whole night while singing, obviously not wanting to be there.  I wonder who talked/forced him back onstage.  Because I doubt it was his first choice. 

Here's a video of the bottle throwing during WTTJ.  It does look a little ridiculous.  Look at the stream of water flying through the air at the 1:30 mark, while the roadie is already cleaning up a mess from a previously thrown bottle.  And let's not downplay this as "they were only PLASTIC bottles."  Those fuckers can be dangerous in their own right.  IF they sold glass bottles at the venue, they would've been thrown.  I can guarantee that.  Word is too that people were pissing in bottles and throwing them at the stage as well.  Don't know how credible that is, but I believe it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

That chorus of boos is becoming a bit of a regular occurance. No excuse for the fans behaviour, ie throwing things at the band who must feel like sitting ducks out there. It must be very scary for them facing that. Booing is fair game, throwing bottles or whatever at musicians standing illuminated up on a platform while you are in darkness amongst thousands is as cowardly and stupid as it gets.
But surely, for the love of god, one day it is going to sink in, stop going on fucking late and none of this shit will fucking happen!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

That video is horrible.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I left after Sorry and the band walkout. People throwing bottles is not cool, at all. You know what else isn't cool?

1) Keeping the audience waiting until 10:30pm in a venue with an 11:30pm license, just days after the show was stopped at Reading because they started late and broke the curfew. It's understandable that the audience who paid €80 a ticket would be worried that the same thing would happen again.

2) On which subject… every other band on the face of the planet is able to come out and play in a timely fashion. Why not GN'R? Half of the gigs on this tour have started late, and Axl's offered a Completely Reasonable Explanation in each case; that's a lot of Completely Reasonable Explanations, though. Coupled with Axl's own admission that he's a night owl and an alternative explanation does seem to offer itself. There is clearly a problem somewhere, a failure in the chain of command between management, the venues/promoters and the band. This needs to be fixed. NOW.

3) I appreciate that Axl hasn't had to hold down a 9-to-5 job since, what, 1985? While we'd love to stick it to the Man like rockstars, the sad fact of the matter that he just doesn't seem to have grasped is that if we turn up late to work in the morning because of his gig overrunning, WE GET FIRED.

3) Those people chucking bottles? They were at the front. While I don't condone their actions, these are the people who paid €80 a ticket, hiked the mile out of town to the venue, stood in line for hours to get a place at the front, stood there for hours with only the O2's shite overpriced beer to drink and then faced the very real prospect that the show might have been cut short by the venue's license. Yeah, I can see why they might be aggrieved, even if their way of expressing it wasn't on. But they weren't the only angry people in the crowd; from where I was standing the chorus of boos was deafening. Which leads neatly on to…

4) Completely misjudging the mood of the crowd. When DJ was teasing out the opening notes of WTTJ, the crowd were booing. And he carried on trying to milk it like a mug. Ya know what? People who've been waiting for that long just want the band to get on with it. Oh, and when the crowd was angry, rather than try to harness that energy with something like YCBM or Shackler's, they… played Sorry. A slow song, whose lyrics could very easily be interpreted as an almighty Fuck You to the paying audience.

5) Speaking of which… Sending a roadie out to dust Dizzy's piano while the crowd's waiting will not win you any friends among the crowd.

For my own part, I bought a ticket on Seatwave for £130, then paid to travel to Ireland, spending about a third of my monthly wages after paying my rent. Oh, and then struggled out of bed to go to the gig after having the flu for two days. It's fair to say I did everything a fan could possibly do to support this band, and I've been royally shafted.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Wow Axl was really fuckin pissed off, check the flames shooting out his napper as he vents off!

Board footer