You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mendosa
 Rep: 0 

Re: from mister saint laurent

mendosa wrote:

it is true that i have secured the 1999 re-recorded version of appetite for destruction. a couple of clips that were being used to set up trades have leaked.

upon hearing these clips, some suspected they were taken and altered from the live era album. it is actually the other way around. as had long been suspected, some of the live era album was in fact taken from the re-recorded AFD.

i will be more than happy to provide samples of songs where the vocals are not the same if/when i am approached with a legitimate trade offer.

my email address is mister@mistersaintlaurent.com and i expect to be working on this for much of the rest of the year.

for those who will surely complain that AFD '99 is not being immediately leaked . . . please understand several people were involved in securing this recording and thousands of dollars were spent. i do not have everyone's blessing to leak these songs at this time and i may never. the people i'm working with are only interested in other rare GNR material such as scrapped songs from the chinese democracy sessions, the house of blues DVD, etc.

feel free to post this message on your GNR message board of choice. it's too hard for me to remember which ones i'm not banned on at the moment.

sincerly,
your commander in chief

johndivney wrote:

thousands of dollars?? people have more money that sense. if i had that much spare cash i'd prob wipe my ass with it, not buy unreleased GnR material.. or give it to people who're starving. yes, that's what i'd do..
maybe i'm just jealous. or maybe i'm just not an idiot.

so whaz this from MSL? hasn't had his ego massaged in a wee while, needs some attn 'i have stuff but i can't leak it'.. oh god even the really shitty things nvr change in the GnR world..

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yawn. We already hear this at every tour stop. Tommy may have played afd more than duff by now.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah I know msl has been credible in the past but if there's no reason to discuss this before/unless it leaks.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For those of us who are getting too old, I've forgotten 99 was pre-bucket yeah? So it's going to be robin and Axl?

I'd be interested to hear it - sort of how I was interested to see the psycho remake shot for shot. Be interesting on an intellectual level to see what Axl did to the vocals 20 years on etc etc. Although to be honest, as much as it will piss of the band to say it,  I'm pretty sure re-recording those songs without the old band is going to upset me. I mean slash's guitar is fundemental to that album. However, I'd have an open mind to hear it - as it would be interesting to see what modern mastering did to the songs. (Assuming they are mastered and it's not taped on some guys fone, from the toilet in the room next to the engineering booth).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Oh and Which of the live era vocals are redone again? I forget that too. Old age...lol.

Sky Dog wrote:

completely uninterested in hearing any of this......however, I hope to hell he can get an unreleased Chinese track out of it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

completely uninterested in hearing any of this......however, I hope to hell he can get an unreleased Chinese track out of it.

Agreed. a while back I thought I might be interested in hearing it but no thanks.  To me it´s different than hearinga  band cover it. This comes off as Axl trying to better the original work outta spite. I have no desire to hear Axl´s generic interpretation of how AFD was "supposed" to sound if he had "capable" musicians to work with.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

For those of us who are getting too old, I've forgotten 99 was pre-bucket yeah? So it's going to be robin and Axl?

I'd be interested to hear it - sort of how I was interested to see the psycho remake shot for shot. Be interesting on an intellectual level to see what Axl did to the vocals 20 years on etc etc. Although to be honest, as much as it will piss of the band to say it,  I'm pretty sure re-recording those songs without the old band is going to upset me. I mean slash's guitar is fundemental to that album.

I see it as witnessing a car wreck/accident. In the sense that it's going to be so bad and you shouldn't look, but curiosity can't keep you away.

Board footer