You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Finding Fitting Actors to Play Axl Rose, Dave Grohl

AtariLegend wrote:

Casting the Kurt Cobain Biopic: Finding Fitting Actors to Play Axl Rose, Dave Grohl

18005329-18005332-slarge.jpg

Pre-production is underway for Heavier Than Heaven, a biopic about Kurt Cobain based on the Charles Cross biography of the same name. Courtney Love reportedly wants Ryan Gosling to play Cobain and Scarlett Johansson to play her. That's all well and good, but who will join the all-important supporting cast? Check out Rock Daily's fantasy casting choices after the jump.

Justin Long as Krist Noveselic: He's got the right look and the slightly stoned demeanor, though he's probably not tall enough to play Krist. Still, he could turn it into a franchise for when the Sweet 75 biopic is made.

Topher Grace as Dave Grohl: Grace oozes amiability, but also proved in Spider-Man 3 that he has a dark side'”perhaps dark enough to hit the drums really hard.

Cate Blanchett as Eric Erlandson: Blanchett already proved she could play an esoteric male guitarist in I'm Not There, so her transition to playing Courtney's sideman would be very smooth indeed.

Jake Gyllenhaal as Axl Rose: The key scene in any Cobain-related movie would have to be the confrontation between Kurt and Axl at the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards. Who better to play Mr. Brownstone than Jake?

Jack Black as King Buzzo: Buzz Osbourne of the Melvins was an early Cobain mentor, and his wild-haired, metal-kissed mania would be accurately recreated by one half of Tenacious D.

Emile Hirsch as Eddie Vedder: Because they've been photographed together so often, can you even tell them apart anymore?

Toni Collette as Kim Gordon: Sonic Youth provided Kurt with guidance on signing a record deal. Sure, Collette is Australian, but her sometimes ethereal presence matches Gordon's New England spirit perfectly.

Ron Jeremy as Tad Doyle: Early Nirvana tourmates TAD were fronted by the 300-pound Doyle, who was once described as 'a human vomitron.' Is there anybody who can nail repulsive better than Jeremy?

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … ave-grohl/

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I wonder how happy Axl would be to find out this guy might portray him?   ledger_brokeback_gallery__470x3200.jpg
(*thanks to Backslash for sharing one of his most prized pictures above!)  16

Something I thought was funny:  Courtney Love reportedly wants Scarlett Johansson to play her. Yeah, ... right.  Love is a nasty skank.  A better choice to play her would be to simply go to a club after it closes and find some passed out nasty gutterslut lying in the ditch or selling BJ's on the sidewalk...perfect match!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Britney Spears as Courtney Love then? 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Scarlett Johansoon actually....love picked her herself apparently

quite a stretch if you ask me

Jake Gyllenhaal as Axl??  I don't see it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Something I thought was funny:  Courtney Love reportedly wants Scarlett Johansson to play her. Yeah, ... right.  Love is a nasty skank.  A better choice to play her would be to simply go to a club after it closes and find some passed out nasty gutterslut lying in the ditch or selling BJ's on the sidewalk...perfect match!

I found that part funny as well. I'd love to see the producers say to her "Uhmmmmm, yeah, we're looking to go a little more grungy and real... We want that chubby drunk blonde chick from (list any reality show or something, Real World) that was on a couple years ago." Or the messed up chick from American Pie. Not Tara Reid, the other chick.

Anyway, I hope this movie doesn't get made. I loved Nirvana, but this would walk a very thin line between really good, and making a disgrace out of the whole Kurt Cobain/Nirvana legacy. With Hollywood involved, I'm seeing disgrace. Something along the lines of that cheesy Wahlburg movie a few years ago.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Neemo wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Yeah, I was just following on from what Slinger said with my Britney Spears suggestion lol.

nugdafied wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

That was my first thought.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

That was my first thought.

If they're getting someone to play Axl, it'd either be an unknown actor or a superstar doing a cameo.  It'd be such a small role in the movie.

Scarlett Johanson as Love wouldn't be such a stretch.  Remember what Charlize Theron looked like in Monster?  Maybe they'll do similar things to her. 16

monster.jpg

Hollywood makeup can make anyone ugly.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Neemo wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Yeah, I was just following on from what Slinger said with my Britney Spears suggestion lol.

haha oops i didnt read slingers post...sorry 19

Board footer