You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Re: Alter Bridge AB 3

Axl4Life wrote:

As for "Slip To The Void" I wasn't a big fan of it at all and like some of you, never saw anything special in the song. It originally didn't do anything for me. Then I saw them live and they opened with it. The pulsing beat filling the small arena with smoke covering the entire stage, then Myles walks out very mysteriously and begins singing (with his eyes closed) lines like "You should have never come this way...to test the hands of fate...you don't belong here." It's hauntingly epic.

Maybe this video I took will help explain:

Then it kicks in, the overall tempo speeds up and Myles's pitch changes dramatically. Simply awesome. Anyways, maybe it's just something you just have to experience live to fully appreciate, I don't know. One things for sure though, this album is definitely a grower.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It is growing on me a bit, I've been listening a bit to blackbird too from the last album - that solo in the title track is so cool.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Slip to the void seems to be about enlightenment from what I can tell

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Mark Tremonti says the entire album (lyrically) is based on Myle's struggles with faith and spirituality.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Mark Tremonti says the entire album (lyrically) is based on Myle's struggles with faith and spirituality.

Just wow. The basis of many eastern religions come down to there being a void within each human being. That the "self" they thought they were is simply a collection of thoughts with no basis in reality.

To be honest this is in fact true and quite obvious, it just takes huge strength of will to explore it and see for yourself.

Sounds like Myles gets it

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
ALTER BRIDGE: 'AB III' First-Week Sales Revealed - Nov. 17, 2010
"AB III", the brand new album from ALTER BRIDGE, sold 28,000 copies in its first week of release to debut at position No. 17 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was released in North America on November 9 through Alter Bridge Recordings via EMI Label Services.

"AB III" is an incredibly intense and dynamic offering proving ALTER BRIDGE continues to grow and evolve with each album. "We went into the process of putting the record together with a lot of confidence," guitarist Mark Tremonti reveals, "but we didn't go into it looking to be commercial, or to have radio singles. We just wanted this to be an album that pleased us artistically, through and through."

Lyrically, the first two albums are based on themes immersed in hope and perseverance in the face of adversity. On "AB III", however, the theme has shifted. "This record is definitely a departure from the last two albums in terms of its subject matter. It touches on the thoughts and emotions of someone who has come to question everything that was once regarded as an absolute truth. It's the realization that everything you once believed in might not exist," singer Myles Kennedy states.

The first single, "Isolation", showcases ALTER BRIDGE's ability to play and write aggressively while maintaining their signature melodic component. However, "Isolation" is unlike previous singles in that it's moody and features very dark lyrics.

"AB III" track listing:

01. Slip To The Void
02. Isolation
03. Ghost Of Days Gone By
04. All Hope Is Gone
05. Still Remains
06. Make It Right
07. Wonderful Life
08. I Know It Hurts
09. Show Me A Sign
10. Fallout
11. Breathe Again