You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: GnR Band Member Interviews from 2009-10 Tour

jamester wrote:

1-2010
My Latino Voice interviews Frank Ferrer, drummer for Guns N' Roses at the legendary Don Hill's in NYC.
FrankFerrerDrums2.png

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/24/slash-gun … hirts-hat/
0124_slash_ex-1.jpg
Slash Gear Banned from Guns N' Roses Concert

1/24/2010 4:16 AM PST by TMZ Staff 

SlashGuns N' Roses fans were forced to take sides in the legendary war between Axl Rose and Slash -- after security at a recent GNR show banned fans from wearing Slash gear inside the show.

It all went down at the GNR show in Canada last Wednesday -- concert security informed fans that they were required to turn their Slash t-shirts inside out .... and leave their top hats outside.

TMZ spoke with a member of the concert security team who confirmed the marching orders -- and told us the instructions were passed down from a producer for the band.

We're told a few fans took the high road and went home ... but most just sucked it up and did what they were told.

Axl in reply
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news10/0211axl.shtml
0208axl.jpg
Things got heated on MyGNRForum.com  yesterday when Guns N'Roses vocalist Axl Rose posted under the user name 'Dexter'. Axl lashed out at one of the forum moderators (and since relived of her duties) named 'Madison' with a profanity laced tirade. At issue is the accusation that someone in the Guns N'Roses camp banned fans from wearing Slash gear inside the Winnipeg, Manitoba show as first reported by TMZ.com.

Axl posted, "What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt.

No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch.

It's like Revolver's (another forum member) if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long. Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either.

For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!"

For an interesting read, and an endless amount of conspiracy theories, visit www.mygnrforum.com.

Guns N' Roses have also announced a South American tour, with the following dates:
March 7th, 2010: Brasilia, Brazil @ Ginasio Nilson Nelson
March 10th, 2010: Belo Horizonte, Brazil @ Ginasio Jornalista Felipe Drumond (Mineirinho)
March 13th, 2010: Sao Paulo, Brazil @ Palestra Italia Stadium
March 14th, 2010: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Praca da Apoteose
March 16th, 2010: Porto Alegre, Brazil @ Ginasio Gigantinho
March 18th, 2010: Montevideo, Uruguay @ Estadio Centenario
March 20th, 2010: Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Estadio River Plate
March 22nd, 2010: Santiago, Chile @ Club Hipico de Santiago
March 25th, 2010: Lima, Peru @ La Explanada Sur del Estadio Monumental
March 30th, 2010: Bogota, Colombia @ Simon Bolivar Park
April 1st, 2010: Quito, Ecuador @ Estadio Olimpico Atahualpa
Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.mygnrforum.com

jamester

jamester wrote:

1-2010
http://blog.mtvmusic.com/2010/01/15/tha … r-axl-rose
MTV Music Blog
logo13.jpg
Thank God for Axl Rose.
Posted 1/15/10 11:06 am ET by johnostrosky in Bands We Love
axlrose_johnostronomy1-300x225.jpg
Axl Rose and John Ostronomy backstage at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards

Say what you want about him – that he worked on “Chinese Democracy” for too long, that you don’t think his band should be called Guns N’ Roses, or that you think he goes onstage too late – but this is rock 'n' roll, and I like Axl even more for doing things HIS way.  Whether it’s defending his entourage in an airport scuffle on the way to a tour date in Taiwan or reportedly exchanging a Twitter barb with a former bandmate over reunion rumors and the Haitian earthquake, right or wrong – it’s not my or anyone else's business to decide – Rose is one of the only rock stars that hasn’t lost what made me love them in the first place.

On Wednesday night, Guns N’ Roses performed what Rolling Stone magazine called a “marathon gig” in Winnepeg, Canada in support of their platinum selling 2008 release, “Chinese Democracy.”  Although I loved Guns since I first saw them from the front row at Boston’s Paradise rock club in September ‘87, the current band lineup is as cool, talented, and interesting as any I’ve ever seen.

This supergroup has spent so much time rehearsing in Los Angeles, that they can knock out three-plus hours of new and old GN’R classics at a moment’s notice.  Lead guitarist, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal is like no other musician I’ve ever heard.  You can literally detune every tuning peg on his Gibson Les Paul headstock, and he’ll instantaneously transpose his fingerings on the fretboard.  Bassist Tommy Stinson is someone I admired since my high school band covered the Replacements’ version of KISS’ “Black Diamond,” and between keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, guitarists Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba, and drummer Frank Ferrer, I’d be hard pressed to assemble a better band. Sure the classic lineup including Axl, Slash, Duff, and Izzy were, as Slash recently described it, “a real force together,” but that was in the past, and the new Guns members are more than qualified to keep the name Guns N’ Roses alive. In an open letter to the fans, Rose quoted Stinson as saying, “We're not lettin' what took so much blood and heart get turned to shit and dust.”

Guns’ “marathon” Winnepeg concert, their first North American date since the release of “Chinese Democracy,” contained over twenty songs in addition to extended solos and member spotlights. The mix of staples like “Sweet Child o’ Mine” and “Paradise City” with new “Chinese Democracy” cuts like “Shackler’s Revenge” and my personal favorite, “Better,” proved to satisfy even the most critical of fans.

After the KISS reunion in 1996, I hadn’t felt more excitement surrounding an artist until ten years later when Rose was rumored to be recording “Chinese Democracy” in New York City in the Spring of 2006 and Talking Metal began our series of “Guns N’ Roses Stakeout” podcasts.  Who would have thought that the stakeouts would lead to a special thanks on “Chinese Democracy” for lending the band a Marshall amp and a Les Paul?  Only in rock 'n' roll…

jamester

jamester wrote:

1-2010
http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=46013.0
hp4aovn711r917ro.jpg
After the interview with Guns N' Roses' Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, I decided to contact Guns N' Roses' Richard Fortus to conduct a similiar interview. Thankfully, Richard accepted, and I am grateful for that.

1. First off Richard, who would you consider to be your biggest musical influences?

Fortus  I think this is pretty impossible to pinpoint.  Certainly the art rock era of Yes, King Krimson, early Genesis, Roxy Music, Soft Machine.  Then also bands like the MC5, Stooges, Velvet Underground, moving in to Bowie, T Rex, Iggy, in to the Clash, Ramones, Smiths, Furs, Echo and the Bunnymen, then in to Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains, etc

2. How did you enjoy your time on the “Good Girl Gone Bad” tour with Rihanna in 2007?

Fortus  It was definitely a learning experience.  The band was an amazing group of musicians that I learned a lot from.  All very cool people and it was a very different experience.  A very different type of tour for me.

3. Some have noticed that since the last Guns N’ Roses tour, you’ve become very muscular, have you been working out much or what?

Fortus  To be honest, i haven't been working out more than i did before, just started eating more.

4. How was South East Asia, and was there any show that particularly stood out for you?

Fortus  The Tokyodome show was amazing.  In my opinion, it was by far, the best show of that run.

5. Now that you’ve had the chance to play each song off “Chinese Democracy” live, which song/songs off the album do you most enjoy playing?

Fortus  I still love playing Chinese Democracy, but I really like playing Catcher as well.

6. What inspired you to create and perform the “James Bond Theme”?

Fortus I did music for the James Bond video game for Activision.  They then asked if I would do the classic Bond theme for Guitar Hero World Tour.  After doing that, it seemed like an obvious choice for a solo piece with Guns.

7. It is evident that the band’s chemistry onstage is fantastic, is it fair to say the band is almost like a family unit when on tour?

Fortus That sounds fair.

8. It’s great to see the excellent reviews coming in of the concerts so far, could we be in for the best tour yet?

Fortus  I hope so, otherwise, what's the point?

9. Winnipeg and Calgary were both a very good start to the Canadian leg of the tour, will there more of the same in store for the rest of the Canadian concerts?

Fortus only going to get better

10. Are you using the same equipment from South East Asia, or have you added a few bits and pieces for Canada?

Fortus  Same gear

11. How did you find the South East Asian fans, and so far what have the Canadian fans been like?

Fortus To be honest, i'm much more focused on trying to lose myself in what i'm doing.

12. It must be great to be back on the road with Guns N’ Roses, what do you yourself want to take from this tour?

Fortus memories

13. Have you got anything to say to the South American fans who are eagerly awaiting your arrival?

Fortus  I've never been to S. America with Guns.  However, i get so much mail from fans there, it's pretty overwhelming.  Probably 1 out of every 4 emails i get, come from South American fans.  I'm really looking forward to it.

14. Will there be any more surprises in store during this “Chinese Democracy World Tour”, is there any chance of some unheard material being played?

Fortus Are you kidding?  It's Guns n' Roses, of course there will be surprises for ALL of us!

15. How has the atmosphere been on the tour bus, has DJ settled in well?

Fortus DJ is great guy.  He's a very natural fit.  He's a pleasure to work and play with.

16. Finally Richard, what are your hopes and wishes for 2010?

Fortus  I'm hoping for Gn'R's inevitable world domination

jamester

jamester wrote:

1-2010
Axl Rose explains why he was late for the Toronto Show.Jan 28 2010.MOD during Wttj intro

(1- 2010) Guns N' Roses frontman AXL ROSE stops to sign an autograph collectors guitar while in Toronto, Canada for the Chinese Democracy Tour. AXL was boarding his tour bus (accompanied by 2 very pretty ladies) well after 7pm for the two-hour bus ride to London, Ontario where Guns N' Rose was performing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2-2010
Originally posted at:  http://www.ozfm.com/blog/?p=1986
ozfm_wplogo1.png

Guns N’ Roses – The OZFM All-Access Rock Trip of a Lifetime
[youtube]Uq-BgyXUMlU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
GNR-tourposter.jpg
There’s only one way to experience a band as legendary as Guns N’ Roses?… from the inside.

Listen to OZFM for the official sounder & call to qualify! WIN your way into OZFM’s All-Access Rock Trip, to GUNS ‘N ROSES (with special guests Sebastian Bach and Danko Jones)! Rock out in style with 2 nights hotel accommodations, $1000 spending money, return airfare for 4 from St. John’s to Halifax, plus you’ll get 4 tickets to see Guns ‘N Roses rock the Halifax Metro Centre, February 4th. But that’s not all…

We’ll also give you 4 backstage passes to meet the band, and hang out at the aftershow. Plus, the winner will sit down for a 1-on-1 guitar lesson with Guns ‘N Roses guitarist BUMBLEFOOT!

OZFM’s Rock Trip to Guns ‘N Roses in Halifax, brought to you by Jungle Jim’s, Global Gym, and the Rock of the Rock, OZFM. (Listen to the Dawn Patrol, Wednesday morning, for the official on-air announcement! When you hear the sounder on OZFM, be caller 9, 4, or 7 to qualify.

rules_hdr_gnr.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

2-2010 (Rose Bar &/or John Varvatos Store)
On the road with Tommy Stinson + Guns N' Roses.
The band rehearsing for an acoustic show that would be held later in New York City.
http://tommystinson.com/
Category:
[youtube]EttLGv2cwdU&feature=related[/youtube]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2-2010
http://www.spin.com/articles/guns-n-ros … ny-nyc-bar

Guns N' Roses Perform in a Tiny NYC Bar!
It Happened Last Night

By William Goodman on February 16, 2010 10:50 AM (11) Comments
100216-guns-n-roses-1.jpg
Guns N' Roses Axl Rose / Photo by Ben Rowland

"Happy Valentines Day," Axl Rose said with a smirk Sunday night, addressing the 150 very beautiful, very lucky people who landed on the guest list for a private Guns N' Roses concert at the Gramercy Park Hotel's Rose Bar in New York City. Winking and referencing his band, he added: "We're the morning-after pill!!!"

Charming. But celebs like Mickey Rourke, Adrian Grenier, Ryan Phillippe, Albert Hammond Jr. and Fab Moretti of the Strokes, Emily Haines of Metric, and Sebastian Bach didn't come for holiday chivalry. They came for badass rock'n'roll -- and they got it. Lots of it.
cid_85759134-b107-44c7-a4cc-36f217adf719-197x300.jpg
The late-night concert -- an installment of Nur Khan's Rose Bar Sessions, sponsored by Deleon Tequila, One Music, and SPIN -- was a little piece of paradise city: Rose and his six-piece band unleashed a 90-minute, 16-song set spanning all their hits.
PHOTOS:
100216-guns-n-roses-2.jpg
100216-guns-n-roses-3.jpg
Photos by Ben Rowland

5_6340181391712475002132162_37_zzatmosphere_021410_015-300x200.jpg
GNR performed in front of a fireplace covered in roses, with a black-and-red painting of a skull hanging above. The lights were dim, gorgeous women outnumbered the men 2 to 1, the booze was free, and the light fixture overhead, the singer noted, looked like the spiky thorns of a rosebush. It could have been a scene from a GNR music video.

The band opened with "You're Crazy" and "Mr. Brownstone," and proceeded to play acoustic versions of hits from Use Your Illusion, Lies EP, and their 1987 mega-hit Appetite for Destruction, including its eternally awesome lead single "Welcome to the Jungle."

The 48-year-old frontman, wearing a brown velvet suit jacket and matching top hat over his red bandana, slithered and tossed the mic from hand to hand as he stretched his vocals on set standout "Nightrain."

He slowed the tempo on super ballad "Patience," as the lights overhead turned his gigantic diamond rings into miniature disco balls, and the crowd sang along and waved their lighters in the air (real ones -- thanks, smokers!).

The band played only three tracks off their 15-years-in-the-making 2008 record Chinese Democracy: "Catcher in the Rye," "Street of Dreams," and "Sorry."

The sound, especially Rose's vocals, was occasionally muddy, but the bandmembers -- keyboardist Dizzy Reed, drummer Frank Ferrer, bassist (and former Replacement) Tommy Stinson, and three guitarists -- the chain-smoking DJ Ashba (Yes, that's his real name. No, he's not an actual disc jockey), Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, and Richard Fortus -- played admirably through the slog.

Overall, the show was a reminder that love 'em or hate 'em, Axl and GNR created some of the most quintessential rock songs of the '80s and '90s.

GNR's cover of Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" scored loudest crowd reaction of the night, with second place going to set-closer "Paradise City."

On the latter, as Stinson sang backup, a very sweaty Rose ripped of his top hat, jacket, and sunglasses. In a red bandana, unbuttoned shirt, and blue jeans, he recalled the iconic Axl from the late '80s -- only 20 years older and 30 pounds heavier.

"It sounds really good," commented one hardcore fan. "Hey, I can just close my eyes and pretend it's 1987!"

Deleon Tequila
ab8d6e1fec88f84d7cfe675f15557d6d.jpg
Guns N' Roses setlist:
1. "You're Crazy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZmQAlONr1U
2. "Mr. Brownstone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1056mFgABkI
3. "Used To Love Her"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXkqW_Ihdxc
4. "Welcome To The Jungle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb53B2aWnzM
5. "Street Of Dreams"
6. "Sorry" (Chinese Democracy)
7. "It's So Easy"
8. "Patience"
9. "Rocket Queen"
10. "Catcher In The Rye" (Chinese Democracy)
11. "My Michelle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9uky2oFemg
12. "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan Cover)
13. "Whole Lotta Rosie" (AC/DC cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO4rILkx-s
14. "Sweet Child O' Mine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70XmyYy2K7U
15. "Nightrain"
16. "Paradise City"
                                  The End!
05-deleon_wallpaper_800x600.png

jamester

jamester wrote:

2-2010
http://www.bumblefoot.com/press/2010040 … gazine.htm
Bumblefoot Interview
Target Audience magazine
Spring 2010 Issue
20100405_-_TargetAudienceMagazine_-_2010Spring01.jpg
*Interviewed 19 Feb 2010
20100405_-_TargetAudienceMagazine_-_2010Spring26.jpg
20100405_-_TargetAudienceMagazine_-_2010Spring27.jpg
20100405_-_TargetAudienceMagazine_-_2010Spring28.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

2-2010
Originally posted at:
http://themusicall.blogspot.com/2010/03 … do-la.html
http://www.bumblefoot.com/press/2010021 … tvblog.htm
mtv-logo13.jpg

5 Songs That Changed Bumblefoot's Life
Posted by John Ostrosky Feb 18, 2010

Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal in the studio with his infamous "pepper turkey"

One of the best events resulting from Talking Metal's "Guns N' Roses Stakeout" podcasts was meeting GN'R guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal.  He has since become one of my closest friends, and his "freakishly proficient" level of musicianship continues to inspire me on a daily basis.

Bumblefoot was kind enough to compose a list of the top five songs that changed his life.  Enjoy!

5 Songs That Changed My Life

1.  100,000 Years (KISS) - I was 5 years old and heard the Kiss Alive! album for the first time, my friend's older brother had just gotten it.  From the minute I heard it, 'I knew'.  It's the same 'I knew' that made half the people that heard it join a band and strive to someday give others the same excitement they got from hearing that album.   The extended version of the song on the Alive! album, the drum solo, the adlibs, the 'live' version of Ace's solo - this was before videos, VCRs, all the visions from the concert were conjured up in your imagination while listening and looking at the album art.  And when the band went on tour, you had to go.  You begged your parents, pleaded, never wanted anything more in your life.  Took me 4 years of groveling before the neighborhood parents agreed to take a bunch of us to Madison Square Garden.  To this day, one of the best concerts I ever saw.

2.  Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin) - 9 years old, started building up by Zep collection.  I'll never forget putting on each album, not knowing what to expect.  Zeppelin II - starts with the lone guitar, then the bass comes in and together there was this tone about it that still does something that makes my brain feel complete.  The first verse, vocals so dry and pure and real.  By the time the drums come in for the first chorus you're completely at its mercy.  For me there was never a desire to do drugs, music always took me higher and farther than anything else would, and it always leaves ya feeling better after.  When you really listen, it'll do that.

3. Strawberry Fields Forever (Beatles) - I'm a huge Beatles fan.  I'll add to that, I'm a huge George Martin fan.  George Martin was the classical musician/composer that produced the Beatles, he was the cellos and horns that complimented the Beatles' music through the years as they grew.  'Eleanor Rigby', 'Yesterday', 'She's Leaving Home'...    things started getting deep.  The 'Magical Mystery Tour' album took it to a whole new level - 'I Am the Walrus', 'Strawberry Fields', it was a combination of snowballing intensity while stuck in that slow-motion mental state that you usually only find at times when the 2 seconds of your car hitting a tree feels like 20.  For me, George Martin's orchestral composing in the Beatles' songs was a huge inspiration in songwriting, a direction I've turned to many times in my own music in hopes that I could step to that edge where those 2 seconds feel like 20.

4. Mean Street (Van Halen) - I was 12 years old, guitar playing for me was about blues-based Angus Young inspired reckless expression.   Then one day a friend asked me if I listened to any 'Van Halen'.  Who?   He put on the 'Fair Warning' album, and the intro to 'Mean Street' faded in.  I never heard a sound like that come out of a guitar, I freaked.  'Oh yeah? Listen to this...!' He puts on 'Eruption'.  He might as well have poured house paint on my brain, I was never gonna be the same anyway after hearing this.  I put a copy of Eruption on cassette and spent the next months trying to learn it by ear.  Once I got it down, I unscrewed the halves of the cassette body and carefully flipped the reels, put it back together and learned the song backwards.  I was officially a 'guitar geek'.

5. Shackler's Revenge (GNR) - this was the first song from 'Chinese Democracy' to be released, as part of the 'Rock Band 2' video game in Sept. 2008.  It was the first release of recorded GNR music that I was part of.  On a personal level, it felt like going from engaged to married.  Songs are like children to me - it felt like a first child being born and the start of a family.

Ron Thal (Bumblefoot / GNR)

jamester

jamester wrote:

2-2010
mrrealtime  |   February 10, 2010

Guns N' Roses meet the Trailer Park Boys BACKSTAGE

"Behind the scenes with trailer park boys JRoc, Lahey, Ricky, Julian and Bubbles surprising Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses at the final show of the GNR Canadian Tour. I filmed from on stage and caught some of the back stage antics around 2 AM Thursday Feb. 4th in the Halifax Metro Center and met several band members, as well as opening acts Sebastian Bach and Danko Jones. Bubbles and crew performed "Liquor and Whores". Enjoy!
[youtube]QhSNXv51_1o&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Pictures in this video by Mitch Lafon or otherwise listed.

Ron talks about positive press, DJ stealing the show! ,bumble excited about lineup and wants to record. Japan and the longest GnR show in history. Pink panther solo, and more.

4 Interesting part of the interview, talks about respecting the fans and old members by playing the songs like there written

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

(January, 2010) Guns N' Roses frontman AXL ROSE stops to sign an autograph collectors guitar while in Toronto, Canada for the Chinese Democracy Tour. AXL was boarding his tour bus (accompanied by 2 very pretty ladies) well after 7pm for the two-hour bus ride to London, Ontario where Guns N' Rose was performing.
[youtube]AxxeRq56y3Q&feature=related[/youtube]

That was so gay..

"If the world Axl! If the world!!"

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

jamester062001 wrote:

For the GnR Evo guitar players. 3
Guns N' Roses Richard Fortus on AmpliTube iRig - "the most exciting thing to happen to the iPhone"

That is fucking sweet. I'm getting one of those widgets and the app, I can finally get my electric guitar out of mothballs and bring it up to my tiny, tiny room in London. smile

Board footer