You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Tom Cruise On Scientology

AtariLegend wrote:

Cruise Scientology Video Leaked

_44359314_cruise_grab_203.jpg

A four-year-old video of Tom Cruise talking about his Scientology beliefs has been leaked onto the internet.

Cruise is shown discussing how he wants to spread the message of Scientology, saying: "You're in the playing field or out of the arena".

In the edited video, which features the Mission Impossible theme, he says a Scientologist driving past an accident is "the only one who can really help".

A Scientology spokeswoman said the full video could be seen in its churches.

What appeared on the internet was a "pirated and edited" version of an acceptance speech Cruise had made in 2004 after receiving a "freedom medal" from the International Association of Scientologists, she said.

'Drug rehabilitation'

In the nine-minute edited version of the video, which has appeared on websites including video-sharing site YouTube, Cruise says: "Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident it's not like anyone else.

"As you drive past, you know you have to do something about it because you know you're the only one that can really help."

He said of being a Scientologist: "It's rough and tumble and it's wild and woolly and it's a blast.

"It's a blast. It really is fun because there is nothing better than going out there and fighting the fight and suddenly you see things are better."

He added: "We are the authorities on getting people off drugs, we are the authorities on the mind, we are the authorities on improving conditions... we can rehabilitate criminals... we can bring peace and unite communities."

'In or out'

Cruise said he wished "the world was a different place" and that he would "like to go on vacation and go and play".

"That's what I want to be and there's times I'd like to do that but I can't because I know. I know."

He said Scientologists had no time for "spectatorism" but instead had "a responsibility to educate and create the new reality".

"You are either in or you're out," he said.

He added: "We have that responsibility to say, 'Hey, this is the way it should be done because we do it this way and people are actually getting better and let's get it done'.

"Let's really get it done - let's have enough love and compassion and toughness that we're going to do it and do it right."

'Sick stuff'

The Church of Scientology International spokeswoman said Cruise's speech had been made "before an audience of 5,000 church parishioners and their guests".

Cruise had been "honoured for his efforts in championing world literacy", the spokeswoman added.

Last week, Cruise's lawyer branded a new biography of the actor "sick stuff".

Bert Fields said Tom Cruise: An Unauthorised Biography by British author Andrew Morton - published in the US on Tuesday - was full of "tired old lies".

They included the "nutty" claim that Cruise was second-in-command at the Church of Scientology, he added.

The book's publisher has said it stands by the book and the author.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7191355.stm

Follow link for video...

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Oh come on, I just watched this, and its been so heavily edited that you really shouldnt jump to any conclusions.  I mean its almost a parody b/c of all the editing.  But the sad part is, most people wont look at it that way.  They'll just think "oh yeah, he's fucking crazy". 

I'd be interested to see the complete unedited version of this.  You cant blame them for getting pissed off about this.

I wanna know what he means by we are the authorities? 

Anyway I don't think he's nuts because he is scientologist but if you start acting radical, people don't like that and hense, label you a nut.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

The full ceremony (they award him with some freedom medal of value) is still on youtube - 40 minutes.

I've only seen 3 of the 6/7 clips. It's both scary (he really seems to believe in all that... and those laughs are creepy) and hilarious.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

He means we are all masters of our own destiny. There are no excuses in life.

I'm actually surprised people think this video is evidence of him being nuts, despite the editing. In my eyes he's just a dedicated person with a lot of feelings. It's like describing that you're in love, it can very easily become a little incoherent.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I'm actually surprised people think this video is evidence of him being nuts, despite the editing. In my eyes he's just a dedicated person with a lot of feelings. It's like describing that you're in love, it can very easily become a little incoherent.

Very good point. 

My question is though, would people still say he's crazy if instead of scientology, he was talking about Christianity?

Tommie wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Very good point. 

My question is though, would people still say he's crazy if instead of scientology, he was talking about Christianity?

Probably.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Anyway I don't think he's nuts because he is scientologist but if you start acting radical, people don't like that and hense, label you a nut.

Well, people did not take scientology seriously for dozens of years, therefore, they had plenty of time to make hundreds of millions and as far as rumours go, not only do they play in the selling/buying arms business but they also have world politicians amongst them.

They are a lot more powerful than we seems to be and what worried me sick was that in the months preceeding princess diana's death, all her " acquaintances" or " friends" were scientologists.

I was surprised to see some people at her funeral and even more surprised they were let to assist to it.

Anyway.

The Church of Scientology  has become extremely powerful, and oviously, tom cruise is getting dangerous.

Board footer