You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: GunsNRosesNews RUMOUR. & THEREFORE SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF

jamester wrote:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/76uhu3
GunsNRosesNews

On Sunday 28th November 2010, @GunsNRosesNews said:

RUMOUR. & THEREFORE SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF SALT.

From the guy who posted lyrics to "Sorry" a year before it was released...

"From what I've heard through some of my band contacts, 2011 should be a very cool year for the fans. Axl really wants to get Chinese Democracy's follow-up out there, they'd like to tour the US (unfortunately lawsuits may prevent them), and we may even get that remix CD album bundled with an official DVD release that they're working on.

Also, don't be surprised if you hear a previously unreleased song or 2 played live for the first time. From what I hear, Axl is wanting to test the waters. Keep your fingers crossed that it is either "Forgotten" or Atlas Shrugged". Whatever it is, you can be sure that it will be sweeeeeeeet!"

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Yeah.... I'll be taking mine with

THAT
salt_600.1.jpg
much salt

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah i'll beleive it when i see it....but "Forgotten" thats a new title we havent heard yet

johndivney wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Also, don't be surprised if you hear a previously unreleased song or 2 played live for the first time. From what I hear, Axl is wanting to test the waters. Keep your fingers crossed that it is either "Forgotten" or Atlas Shrugged". Whatever it is, you can be sure that it will be sweeeeeeeet!"

i'd be SHOCKED if this is true.
i'd be somewhat surprised if any of the other shit happens.
i don't think we'll see/hear any new/CD material from GnR in '11..

n IF plz NO DVD, we're in the HDTV age & DVD's r OUT, blu-ray plz.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Sounds good to me, but even if all that stuff was POSSIBLE, that certainly doesn't lead to any guarantees.  I'd take any ONE of those things for 2011, but I'd be shocked if we got all 4.

Has this guy made any other predictions over the years or is this the first time he's been heard from since he posted some of the lyrics to "Sorry" prior to its release?  THAT, was impressive by the way.  He obviously knew something back then and nobody believed him.  He could just be playing off of that this time around though.  Like Mysteron perhaps?  Also, how do you know if it's really the same guy?  Could be an impostor, just looking for some attention.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

Looks like it's the same guy who posted that:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … #msg851905
Reply #7510 on: January 13, 2007, 04:46:42 AM

To all the haters :  I'm sorry for you not sorry for me. You don't know who you can trust now or who to believe.
                                  Remember these words when the album comes out.
                                 I'm out of here

On answer to "Robin F~", "youthinkso" posted that on MyGNR:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 70493&st=0

"Robin F" guy is a bit off and a bit on and he is not me, if he says so, he is a liar.

The next album is done and was in that state since CD came out and it is all Buckethead//Brain/Finck material which the current band members play over, except trademark eyeliner guy.
It was supposed to come out exactly 1 year after CD, but Azoff's games killed it all.
Is why there is no USA tour too, he pretty much owns everything or he is heavily involved with the ones who do, all related to each others business.
Azoff's proposal was, reunite or I will destroy this band.

The current band members would rather want an album with new material out.
Axl isn't impressed by their efforts, Bumble is rebelling because of this, he wants the next album to have his writing on it for royalties.
Most insiders know he is in it for the money and as a career move collecting supporters for his solo career, he can't stand GnR music, is a fact, Axl knows this too but he needs him as long as Buckethead shows no interest in returning, which Axl still wants and tries to accomplish in different ways behind the back of the band, is also why he wants to push the unheard Buckethead/Finck material through on the next album, long sentence with wrong usage of commas has ended now.
Axl actually gave up on that after the Azoff thing, so he let it go and was content being a jukebox nostalgia act, which the band at the moment still is.
Axl wants to change that now.
So not all is a happy cakefest as you see it.

There are 3 remixes of CD (Axl, Brain, Dizzy-Pitman), big whoop.
DVD always has been on the agenda but the support from the company (which is Azoff's contact's lap dog) is zero, like in pretty much anything else the band wants to do, no support from any corner.
You already heard parts of "new" songs live that the current members wrote that Axl isn't impressed by, instrumental mellow versions and no shit, they will play unheard full songs one day.
So nothing new there.

And they say the stars don't look the same
I may have changed yet I have my soul to claim

wink

I see some Bumble groupies got sand in their vaginas, making personal attacks instead of talking about the content.

What I typed is all fact, like it or not. Has nothing to do with my or anyone's personal taste.
I personally couldn't give a shit one way or the other, don't gain anything from it.

This is 2007 all over again, lovely.

dalsh327, Bumble's main goal at the moment is to get writing credits on the next album, after that?
I would say he says bye.
He already got enough out of GnR for the rest of his life, be it reasonable amount of money, sponsor deals or exposure to a wider audience which gained him more consumers.

Groghan, as long as they are "managed" by the same folk as now, not much will happen.
They are linked to Azoff who block things.
But Axl's main goal now is to get the other material out which was written before 2006 and promote the current band, which is a contradiction.
The remixes would have been released if all the promotion side was handled well, which it wasn't.
The original idea was in short; CD, promotion through videos online, interviews, performing on TV shows/award shows, touring USA/Canada until summer 2009, Europe, Asia, South Americas, etc.
During the tour release remixes and alternative booklets/art, in November 2009 release the next album followed by more touring/promotion/etc. around the globe, coupled with a DVD release.

Young_Gun, Axl wants it out but not with the current company for reasons explained.
And the company doesn't want to do it anyway unless Axl makes concessions in future plans (which includes a reunion without spelling it out).
Also add the fact certain current members want their material on it, not something written 10 years ago by someone else who will get paid royalties for what they have to promote.
Again Bumble is making a huge deal out of this.
So don't expect anything in 2011 except small touring, festivals, things like that, unless suddenly GnR announces they have a new company or are independent.
Then things will roll on fast, it's all pretty much finished products waiting to be released.

gunns5, I got a message that someone here was pretending to be me allegedly, so I checked it out, got nothing to do so why not share some info.

ITW2012, it is open for interpretation yes.
But I know the background coloring, one being that Bumble thinks GnR music is pretty much trash which he has no problem saying privately in the right company.

Young_Gun, when it was clear to Axl that Azoff wanted to rush through CD promotion half assed so he could work on his main target, reunion, and Axl knew he couldn't do anything about it legally, that's when he disappeared.
Around July 2008 if I remember correctly, it was already clear to him.

From what I gather Finck was dropped hints Slash was coming back after CD was out, by Azoff and his minions.
Obviously Finck didn't believe that but used that as an excuse to cut himself loose.
During that time GnR was inactive anyway, so he did his own thing away from the bull that was going on with Azoff and Axl. Azoff then dropped hints to Axl that Robin wanted to leave (which Axl didn't believe too I am sure, but the ones around him sure wanted to believe it) and when Finck was available again he was not called upon anymore and there were auditions going on.
He lives in his own magical world so it didn't phase him.

ITW2012, there are 28 finished songs and dozens unfinished, similar stuff as what you have heard on CD, although a few are much heavier.

Out of Johnny Walker, time's up I guess, have a nice one.

As you can see:
And they say the stars don't look the same
I may have changed yet I have my soul to claim

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow.

There's so many accusations in that post I don't know where to begin.

I don't really believe all that stuff about bumble. Maybe i have sand in my vagina or whatever...but where's the basis for all these remarks.

I don't doubt bumble and the new guys would love a new album to feature their music, but I'd say that's more about creativity and wanting to play your own music and be a 'true' part of the GNR legacy more than royalities and all that.

It sounds about right however that stuff like CD2 and a DVD is basicly ready to go but the legacy of the Azoff business type shit is prohibiting it.

As a fan i'd like to see the release of the old Bucket/Brain stuff as well, and then they can move on with new Bumble/DJ stuff. I'm sure there must be an element of frustration for the new guys given that the band has at least one pre-made albums to clear before they can move on.

Of course I don't see why it has to be black and white. Surely they could add a new track to the existing CD2 if they came up with something great.

Anyway, I just dont think this post really reflects the state of play. I'm sure there's a new album in the vault, and I bet the new guys a dying to write a whole new album again. But the stuff about their mindsets is crap.
The whole conspiracy angle, and that bumble hates GNR music and all that. I just don't believe it I'm afraid. Maybe it looks like that to insiders who are close to the band like this guy seems to be (from his knowledge of songs etc) but that doesn't mean he's right about their personal motivations etc.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I have trouble believing Bumble "hates" GNR music too.  He played GNR solo before he joined the band, usually you don't play music you hate live.  And he's talked highly of the CD songs.  Sure I guess he could just be blowing smoke up our asses, but I don't buy that part of the story.  The rest of it, sounds par for the course for me.  So in other words, no reason to get excited about anything outside of a chance to see them live.

When is their contract up?  It's time to take the independent route.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

It's not new to anyone that Ron would rather write his own stuff and release it instead of releasing the Bucket/Brain/Finck stuff.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I certainly believe that part.  Maybe that's what they mean by "hating" GNR music.  Obviously he'd like to start from scratch with the current lineup and write THEIR own material.  He seemed psyched to play the CD stuff because at least he had SOME input on those songs.  But it would be on another level to write and perform songs they can claim as their own.

It's not pleasing to hear Axl doesn't like what he's heard from the guys so far.  Who knows how true that is, but if it is it's not a good sign.  I like this group and would like to see what they could come up with.  We've heard Robin and Bucket, and while I love that stuff, they're gone now and have been for some time.  Time to move on.  Of course, time doesn't exist in a normal sense when it comes to GNR.

Board footer