You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Guns n Roses in Studio 2011

jamester wrote:

http://nisenews.com/?p=219

Jal The Band and Guns n Roses in Coke Studio 2011
Jal The Band and Guns n Roses in Coke Studio 2011 – All of us know about “Coke Studio” as it is the most popular and most stunning Music Show  in Pakistan, in fact Coke Studio is an international show now and it will soon be on air world wide on nearly all the TV Channels.

We all know about Coke Studio but many people don’t know that who owns it, who started the Coke Studio with the brilliant idea of bringing all the best musicians and singers from all genres together. The Master Mind is Rohail Hayaat.

Rohail Hayaat was the Lead Guitarist of Junaid Jamshed’s band “Vital Sings” and after that he started Coke Studio with this superb idea of bringing all the instruments together. He created excellent sound by combining Drums, Guitars, Keyboards, Voilon, Tabla, Dhool, Sitaar, Flute, Matka and many other instruments and for this outstanding work he took the best of the best musicians of Pakistan.

Nearly all the famous Artists and Bands of Pakistan has been played in Coke Studio like Atif Aslam, Ali Zafar, Arif Lohaar, Javed Bashir, Saeen Zahoor, Ali Azmat, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Strings, Noori, Karvaan, Mauj, Zeb and Haniya and many many more.

This is not it because Coke Studio is not finished yet. Some sources say that the famous Rock Band “Guns n Roses” and Pakistani “Jal The Band” will be performing in Coke Studio’s upcoming session.

Coke Studio has always given fans something more then expectations and in every new season fans finds it more interesting. We all hope that this new upcoming session of Coke Studio will be much more rocking than the previous sessions and we wish Rohail Hayaat, all the artists, bands and musicians best of luck for the new session.

http://newsmov.com/2010/12/30/jal-the-b … io-2011-4/

jamester

jamester wrote:

^^^  GunsNRosesNews  GunsNRosesNews
#Guns In #Pakistan? (Excuse The Pun) http://newsmov.com/2010/12/30/jal-the-b … io-2011-4/
13 minutes ago

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The "famous rock band" doesn't exist anymore. 

These stupid posts aren't even funny anymore.  Nobody cares outside of a few crazy forum guys.  People either want new music or the old band.  Anything else is just a waste of time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I understand you guys but really that's just getting back to the name issue.

If we're going to call this band Guns N' Roses, then part of that has to be that they are now associated with the back cataloge of the band, and become sort of custodians of the legacy, it's now their role to play those songs for us live even though (Axl aside) they arn't the original writers.

My analogy would be this:

You get married. You have a son. The marriage breaks down. Your wife leaves you, some say it's because you drove her out, others say she had her own issues. She sometimes sees the kid in her own way, but it's not all that often, she has a new life, and she doesn't speak with you in years or you her. Other than the constant questions from your friends - it's all over.

You date new people, takes a while to get any stability, but eventually end up in a long term relationship with a new woman. Now nothing will ever make the son hers, he's always going to be the child of your first marriage. But she's now the one raising him, she's the one who sees him every night around the dinner table. She's a step-mother, but she's still a mother.

I see it as the same with GNR. Yes this band isn't the band who wrote the hits, and I would never ever take anything away for one second from slash and the crew that did write them, but, at the same time, this band is now the band called GNR, and they are the ones who now play the classic hits night after night. They are the step parents of that music wink

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

All that aside, i'm a little confused with this thread, is this saying they are comming to record in this studio in 2011, like new material,  or is it like a live recording type place - similar to an itunes live session, or is it just a gig...don't get it.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

and now the child is a mess because the stepmother keeps changing her face when all along she should have kept wearing the mask smile

jamester

jamester wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

All that aside, i'm a little confused with this thread, is this saying they are comming to record in this studio in 2011, like new material,  or is it like a live recording type place - similar to an itunes live session, or is it just a gig...don't get it.

Aye!  Tis why I posted this. The links all refer to the original website and has links to "live video" once clicked only redirect to more text. Im also unshure if its an actual studio or even the Coke reference meaning blow or the softdrink.

Hopefully someone on the forum is familiar with this website.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It really has nothing to do with the name - well, very little at least.  The band is not famous anymore.  It just isn't.  They can't even show their face in the US, and it's not because of Azoff. 

It looks like it's some stupid live session sponsored by Coke.  They aren't going into the studio and there won't be any new music if it even happens.  It will just be another opportunity for people to go "what the fuck is this?" and move on to a different thing.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The "famous rock band" doesn't exist anymore. 

These stupid posts aren't even funny anymore.  Nobody cares outside of a few crazy forum guys.  People either want new music or the old band.  Anything else is just a waste of time.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla

You're like a parody of yourself 14

If I didn't know better, I would think GNR plays club venues in Kentucky!

Board footer