You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Favorite deep cuts

faldor wrote:

Some of these may not be all that "deep", but here are a few songs I enjoy that many may have missed out on.  Feel free to agree or disagree, and to add some of your own gems.  This particular crop is a 90's edition of songs atypical of the norm, or at least what became popular, for each selective band.

The Goo Goo Dolls were known for their ballads in the mid to late 90's, and while some were pretty good, they got shoved down our throats so much that they just became annoying.  I always dug "Only One" by them though.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/wm-A10302 … sic_video/

The same description would work for this band/song.  Sugar Ray - Mean Machine

And even though this song was recorded and released completely as a joke to make fun of the sappy ballads that rule the music world even to this day, I always found it quite catchy.  Just imagine if Anthrax took it seriously. 

Comparable to Gwar's "The Road Behind", which I posted in a Gwar Merry X-Mas thread last week.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I think U2's Achtung Baby is the greatest album of all time. Part of my reasoning is the album ends stronger than it begins and in my opinion it has the greatest three song set to close out an album ever. Can't get much deeper cuts than songs 10,11,12 on an albumm with only 12 songs. Here they are.

Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
[youtube]Mk-tdsonJlk&feature=related[/youtube]

Acrobat

Love is Blindness

Sky Dog wrote:

wouldn't go that far but it is one of my favorites. However, I always skip Ultraviolet because the last two are so much better.

Sky Dog wrote:

deep cut from The Brothers...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRY10DptktM

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Mean Machine is awesome.  I never heard it until I saw them live and it instantly became my favorite song by them.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Motley's very very very underrated self titled record is one of my all time favorites... And it's these deep cuts are why...

[youtube]hJn6CLCMZ1Y&feature=related[/youtube]

johndivney wrote:

Etta James - I'd Rather Go Blind

Bee Gees - I Started a Joke

Townes - Nothin'

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The Bee Gees had a lot of good tunes that came before the disco that everybody knows.  I think that was by far their best era. 

That said, seeing this only reminds me of the SNL skit of the Barry Gibb show when Justin Timberlake was Robin.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Board footer