You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Mikkamakka wrote:

For the record, Axl would really deserve to be fucked like this, after being a real stalinist with the boards, making free sites into censored, zealot propaganda shit, for the never-ending lies and promises, for the never-told explanations about why almost everything was a trainwreck, for making his hired guns look like liars or out-of-the-circle nobodies, for rewriting the band's history and for feeding the hate against former members and between the fans.

With all that said, it's not the Soviet Union as everybody's free to leave. The leaks were deserved and right. But leaking this personal and business stuff is just not right. It's absolutely and terribly wrong. Such a disrespectful, vicious and hostile move, that I can't even tell it. Guns N' Roses isn't some powerful state or anything. It's just an awfully managed band with a bat shit crazy frontman and some hangers-on. Leave them alone in their crazy world, but this MSL stuff is just too much.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I never said Sic just "copied and pasted" the stuff. Compiling and editing that stuff is serious work and I've always admired this site for it.

I was merely saying, how can anyone on this board decry the leaking of information pertaining to the album when Chinese Whispers is basically the crown jewel of this website?

MSL is no saint, whether he's telling the truth or not -- but if he writes a book or publishes a story, I'm buying it.

We might have low opinions of Mick Wall, but we still read whatever he says about Axl to this day, while at the same time cursing him.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

1 -- had those emails been leaked to a magazine or blog like Antiquiet, that dirt would've ended up in Chinese Whispers, anyway. While this site might have the best collection to date of the story, it is by no means complete or definitive.

Assuming all this is true, how would this information be any more dirty than Piazza sending out IRS, recording music from strip clubs, or any other forms of leakage of fact or music over the years?

2 -- I'm not defending the actions of a hacker or anyone looking to profit off of an invasion of privacy, and I'm not even gonna be one of those "Well, if Axl had just acted like a NORMAL band, none of this would've happened" posters. But if this supposed (assuming this is real) trove of documents reveals how/why/when members left the band, under what circumstances, provides clues as to creative processes, details as to the behind-the-scenes dealings, etc, then this is no morally or ethically different than any anonymous source.

Think of all the information regarding Azoff, Best Buy, Merck, Finck, etc that we have learned over the years. You think Axl just gave that information up? No, it was leaked by someone who shouldn't have done it, most likely.

And without that back story, intrigue, and narrative, very few of us would have stuck around over the years. So get over yourselves. Seriously.

3 -- as much as it sucks, Ashba's mainstream success over the years with Sixx AM and others would dictate the value of his time, so no surprise if he's the highest paid player. At least he's the most visible, active, and good for PR that they have. Bumble is probably getting shafted, though.

I wouldn't blame them for doing exactly what Axl says Bucket did and jump ship once their exposure peaks.

If you wanna read it, read it! No need to justify yourself! 22

I'm sure a lot of fans are gonna read it! I have no doubt about that! Knock yourself out! My problem is with MSL and his "journalist" methods and the need for it all...

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Need? Who knows. Probably not. It's just music.

A market for it? Hell yes.

And you bet your ass I'll read it, but you can also be sure I'm going to knock down the holier-than-thou people who are complaining and begging for it not to be released. This is a soap opera and it's why we're here. Be honest.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Until we get at least half a song, im gonna say he is full of shit

he may have something, but he has no CD full of leaks.

if i hear something, i will apologize personally to MSL but i can believe someone hacked an email account and may have some personal info, but he is using the rest to self promote.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

Think of all the information regarding Azoff, Best Buy, Merck, Finck, etc that we have learned over the years. You think Axl just gave that information up? No, it was leaked by someone who shouldn't have done it, most likely.

And without that back story, intrigue, and narrative, very few of us would have stuck around over the years. So get over yourselves. Seriously.

Let me say this again, I don't blame anyone who's intersted in "dirt" but if there are people who think it's as important as msl thinks it is, that's really friggin sad. Add on top of it, how he supposedly got the info is even worse.

If it's not new music, it's not important to me. At all.

-D-

-D- wrote:

oh yeah, to justify the time i've wasted on these forums over the years, u are damn right i wanna know all of it. give me all the dirt.

-D-

-D- wrote:

also, why are people getting their panties in a wad over DJ making more than someone else?

DJ is the only member of this band that has written a number 1 rock hit. he brings the missing ingredient with his style of play, he made Robin's TIL solo EPIC which is a fucking miracle up there with Moses parting the Red sea.

Roderick
 Rep: 0 

Roderick wrote:

i really don't like ashba in the band and he fucks up TIL.

finck was more interesting i prefer him in the band so much, cool backup vocals too

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Oh, I read the dirt in a heartbeat cause I'm interested in the business side of things. However, it clearly is none of my business and it is clearly wrong to hack in to someone's email.

This is my feeling too, because I'm interested in the industry I'd find it interesting to see how things work backstage a little more, and cos I'm a fan of the band, I find any info about them interesting - including any backstage drama or gossip. However despite that, the way MSL has gone about this is wrong, and I can't condone blackmailing the band and deliberately fucking with their plans.

There could be dozens of legitimate reasons why a well intentioned plan had to wait another month or something, yet MSL is going to shit on the band if they don't do as he says within 24 hours of their original plan? It's just not reasonable or acceptable conduct from a fan.

Getting more Hypothetical, if we assume that DJ is paid more than bumble it's a bit of a dilemma. On one hand maybe DJ is higher profile because of Sixx Am, on the other, Bumble's parts are significantly harder to play. What I mean is - as cool as he is DJ quits the band and there's a ton of people who could replace him - if Bumble quits you have to break out the list of people who can play Buckethead/Bumble stuff and it's a much shorter list.

Board footer