You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

jamester wrote:

ALso gone are all MSL CD update video

Well end of story ..hustle over

Edit: MSL did not bother to respond on his own forum.
http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … thread=413

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … 46&page=14
mister saint laurent
AWA WORLD TAG TEAM WRESTLING CHAMPION

"very simple. axl didn't like doc's plan and rejected it. then he fired doc. in axl's mind, the plans were never concrete because he rejected them.

do you really think we'd have tweets from axl & stinson if i was lying about everything?

too funny.

look, i'm done talking gnr stuff till my NY shit is over. need to focus on work. i expect to stay in touch with the gnr camp while i'm in NY but i'm not really going to be able to make any decisions until i'm done working and i'm back home."

...blah..blah...blah

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

My two cents.

I think MSL had info. Some. But exaggerated it. To get songs or to get money or to get fame, is irrelevant. I think Axl's tweet didn't really shot down MSL's stuff, but showed that he doesn't have much to prove his infos. Which were more infos, then documents or anything. Now it's MSL's turn to get everything he has online, if he has any.
I think Axl lost his faith in this line-up. This was my first reaction to that December interview.

On the pressure the current incarnation of the group has to live up to its past, Rose commented, "I think it's a lot to do with the material from the past and a hell of a lot to do with the heart that was put into it then. But if we weren't putting the heart into it now . . . the fans, they're not gonna let me get away with it. We have to live up to something, have to work a bit harder because you're living up to the legend or a myth or whatever."

It's the same 2002 VMA bullshit. If 15 years weren't enough to believe in his (ever-changing) band, then no time will be. He's still battling with his past, feeling that something amazing happened back then, he cannot recreate. That's why he's been playing AFD for a decade again. That's why he rerecorded that album with the '99 line-up. Axl wants to find that band that functioned and inspired him, when they were 'climbing up' and what was lost by the UYIs. He missed it, so ruined the (old) band and tried to rebuild it. Now, after multiple failed rebuilds, he has to face that he'll never get the same experience again. I think his fear is that he wouldn't have it again, even if he got the old guys together again. As it more likely wouldn't happen, cause they are rich and middle-aged now. But hey, maybe they could make a great album, and then - when everything falls apart as expected - they van hate each other again with passion. But the love/hate relationship between the old guys, we witnessed in the past 15-20 years, could be really inspiring.

For the record. I don't think a reunion would happen and I don't expect or wait for it. But as it seems, Axl will never release jack shit in the next years with whatever band he actually has. Cause he has no faith in the guys, other than Slash, Duff and Izzy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That could be, I also think it works the other way around too.  People in the industry don't have faith in GNR sans Slash, Duff, and Izzy.  They don't give this lineup the same chances or respect, and that's justifiable to me.  But I don't think Axl feels the same way.  He feels that GNR should be treated like they were back in their heyday, regardless of who is in the band and he has trouble accepting the fact that they're not.  So that makes it hard to get things accomplished.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

He has been running off Chinese since 2001.....big difference.

As for Axl shooting down MSL, DO YOU GUYS SEE THIS AS GOOD NEWS? We are getting NOTHING. ZILCH. ZERO. I don't see losing a manager, not our in sight, and no album in sight as good news.

We still don't really know what's going on behind the scenes though, as we never do.  Well we know Doc is out.  But maybe they have another manager lined up and maybe he's working on getting a US tour finalized and maybe in their off time there will be some work on the follow up album.  Or maybe we'll get years of silence.  We really don't know.  I'm not going to get too concerned right now though.  I actually do see Axl's tweet as a good thing.  I mean, if we were headed for years of silence, why respond?  There'd be no reason to debunk MSL's claims if they were going into inactive mode.

At least that's how I see it.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

That could be, I also think it works the other way around too.  People in the industry don't have faith in GNR sans Slash, Duff, and Izzy.  They don't give this lineup the same chances or respect, and that's justifiable to me.  But I don't think Axl feels the same way.  He feels that GNR should be treated like they were back in their heyday, regardless of who is in the band and he has trouble accepting the fact that they're not.  So that makes it hard to get things accomplished.

Fair point. Can be both, depending on his mood.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The fact he's not going to be releasing CD is good news to me...

If you wanr to take some of msl's info as fact, he says the follow up is ready and is going to be released in the next year. Unless msl made that up. It seems like he gathered together some info of ridiculous ideas (not plans) and tied them together and polished them up.

I'm actually pretty positive about this.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

BTW is Doc McGhee the man who spent the less time in charge as GN'R's manager?

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

JIP wrote:

nice to hear from axl again...msl was right though about McGhee

Actually, funny it wasn't reported on any GN'R related message-boards, but news articles had surfaced in the last month, that GN'R and Doc had amicably parted ways (not a permanent deal ever--he helped with last tour) and GN'R are working with Jeff Kwatinetz (The Firm).  MSL likely had a Google news alert going, and saw that posted a few places last month and then threw it into his story to try and make his write-up more believable.

Board footer