You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Neemo wrote:

so axl speaks and msl doesnt respond? hmm thats interesting

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The lyrics were all based on living a trashy lifestyle and the riffs/solos were so great that none of the band members have been able to put out that level of material since. They ran out of gas after hitting it insanely big right off the bat. There's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think it's the case though. There are specific songs on UYI that are just as good as AFD. I think there are parts of Slash solo record songs and VR songs that have solos or riffs that are pretty much as great as GNR, if if those ideas had been exposed to Axl and Izzy i think the overall song would be just as great as AFD. Like wise there's parts of songs on Chinese that are just as good as anything Axl has ever written before.

Musically, it seems none of them are spent, their own contributions to their solo works are just as strong as ever, the only difference is they are no longer influenced and working around the styles of the other.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so axl speaks and msl doesnt respond? hmm thats interesting

So far the only responce has been about Doc
Re: Axl responds...
« Reply #24 Today at 7:53pm »   

MSL wrote:

I first was told about the Doc firing off the record by a member of the GNR camp. When I was later able to double source the information, I reported it as "breaking news" even though I knew about it before I published the "What's next?" blog. Keep in mind the GNR camp was given a sneak preview and asked if anything needed to be changed. I was told my information was legit and that they had no interest in denying anything, other than that Azoff has interfered with their plans. I have no idea if he has or not, but I still thought it was newsworthy that members of the band believe that may be the problem. I expressed that to the GNR camp and they agreed, so the article remained unchanged.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

GN'R is like the Third Reich. Run by an enigmatic figure too occupied to make decisions, so his underlings are reduced to interpreting his will.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:
-D- wrote:

was watching Celtics vs Mavs the other night and Jungle and PC were played and I know those songs are so worn out we kinda stop giving them props but hearing them on TV during that game, i thought to myself, HOLY FUCK these songs are some of the greatest rock songs ever. just rock n roll masterpieces. every element is legendary.

CD was a good album but compared to Appetite.. it really lacks in everything.

everyone says Axl is a perfectionist which is what took the album so long.. i still hold true to my belief that they just didn't have the material to please Axl. and thats why it took so long. simply cause Axl knew the material wasn't strong enough to house the GNR brandname.

i agree with this.

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … 413&page=2

blackboxer:
whens the next article you releasing?

MSL wrote:

not sure. after the reaction to the first one, i've accepted most will irrationally assume i'm completely definitely 100% lying unless i leak the documents i'm getting the info from. so it seems silly to write more until either i'm prepared to leak the documents and face the consequences, or i'm able to strike a deal with a notable publication so they can write about the info i have and then everyone will believe them even tho their stories would be from the same files....

...well. the hate seems to be like 70/30 now instead of 90/10. axl's tweet definitely helped my public perception somewhat.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Urgh, the fuckin brass neck on him, nae shame whitsoever.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Where can I read that Axl interview?

jamester

jamester wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Where can I read that Axl interview?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8859&p=10

Board footer