You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

jamester wrote:

OK so where are you with what you have?  what are your plans as far as gnr info or whatever else you may have?

johndivney wrote:

n just what size is the memory stick n how many gigs of shit is on there??

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from.  He claims he needs to be paid for the shit he writes, but it's not like he went out like an actual journalist and uncovered some big story.  Somebody supposedly gave him a memory card full of info out of the blue.  Why does that deserve compensation?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Agathos
 Rep: 6 

Agathos wrote:
Rex wrote:

I don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from.  He claims he needs to be paid for the shit he writes, but it's not like he went out like an actual journalist and uncovered some big story.  Somebody supposedly gave him a memory card full of info out of the blue.  Why does that deserve compensation?

He claims he is a a journalist, but he isn't, or at the best he is a lousy journalist. Because in the little essay about GN'R he posted on his forum he did not actually do any investigative journalism, he didn't add any citations or references to validate the claims (it reads like pure fiction) and he does not adhere to the journalistic principle of "limitation of harm" which says that you should not publish anything that is not of value to the public when it does great damage to individuals (which we must assume publication of Beta Lebeis' personal email correspondence does).

The Society of Professional Journalists' code of ethics offers the following advice, which is representative of the practical ideals of most professional journalists. Here are some quotes:

- Show compassion for those who may be affected adversely by news coverage. Use special sensitivity when dealing with children and inexperienced sources or subjects.

- Recognize that gathering and reporting information may cause harm or discomfort. Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance.

- Recognize that private people have a greater right to control information about themselves than do public officials and others who seek power, influence or attention. Only an overriding public need can justify intrusion into anyone's privacy.

- Show good taste. Avoid pandering to lurid curiosity.

So he is not really a journalist, just a leech that tries to increase interest in stolen material that he wants to fence off for monetary or material gain by typing up teasing essays.

ppp

ppp wrote:

The more I read this list, the more I am convinced it's not an enemies list, nor is it a list of people who like Slash or have worked with him.

If it was an enemies list, surely it would include members of the media and Slash. If it were simply a list of people who have worked with Slash or take his side, Howard Weitzman, Merck Mercuriadis, Sanctuary, Doug Goldstein and a number of other people that have never worked with Slash alone would not be on here. Steven Adler has no relationship with Slash in ealry 2008 and neither did Arlett Vereecke.

I think this is a list of people that Axl believes don't want to work with him again. That's really the only thing all these people. It would explain why there are no media names (like Mick Wall), since any of them would love to interview Axl. It would explain why there is no mention of Scott Weiland, since he said at the end of VR he'd love to meet Axl. It would explain why there is no mention of Irv Azoff, even though he was VR's manager at the time. And it would explain why there is no Slash, since Axl knows after the infamous 2005 house visit that Slash would gladly work with him again.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Welcome to GnREvo P

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
ppp wrote:

The more I read this list, the more I am convinced it's not an enemies list, nor is it a list of people who like Slash or have worked with him.

If it was an enemies list, surely it would include members of the media and Slash. If it were simply a list of people who have worked with Slash or take his side, Howard Weitzman, Merck Mercuriadis, Sanctuary, Doug Goldstein and a number of other people that have never worked with Slash alone would not be on here. Steven Adler has no relationship with Slash in ealry 2008 and neither did Arlett Vereecke.

I think this is a list of people that Axl believes don't want to work with him again. That's really the only thing all these people. It would explain why there are no media names (like Mick Wall), since any of them would love to interview Axl. It would explain why there is no mention of Scott Weiland, since he said at the end of VR he'd love to meet Axl. It would explain why there is no mention of Irv Azoff, even though he was VR's manager at the time. And it would explain why there is no Slash, since Axl knows after the infamous 2005 house visit that Slash would gladly work with him again.

I think you have valid points, but for example Steven Adler would rejoin Axl in any minute, not to mention Dougie Goldstein, who'd clean Axl's toilet 20 times a day if he got that job again.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Yeah Mick Wall is a permenant pain in Axls arse, the worst thing Axl ever did was name drop him in GITR cause he has milked that cow shamelessly ever since.

I'm still not buying this. The problem with MSL is he's a liar, and if your interested in what he's offering, you have to sift his words cause there might be a grain of truth in there somewhere.
I never used to have a problem with him, still dont I suppose, but I had a respect for him, he seemed honourable and "gen-up" as we say here. Now I think he's a parasite and an extortionist, and I hope GNR bury him.

But whatever, I find this all really boring, I just want a new album. I'm beginning to worry that Axl will have more bandmates bail on him, the snail paced clusterfuck of GNR must be incredibly frustrating for the band. I think the reason they all jump into solo projects during any downtime is to kinda stick it to Axl and say, this is how fuckin easy it is.

Sky Dog wrote:

It would be nice to have Doug Goldstein back....

Board footer