You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If a few documents in the possession of a guy who wrestles in the AWA is going to decide the fate of GNR in the 21st century, then just go ahead and call it a day whether or not the documents ever see the light of day.

Anything on that much shaky ground shouldn't exist in the first place. The CD era has always been a complete fiasco, even the blind nutswingers are finally figuring it out, there was never, EVER any real plan in sight, so what do we really lose if this "flash drive" gets out? A band that cant record any new music? A band that tours the hits every few years overseas?

Let it implode. Maybe Axl can come back to the plate in a few years with something substantial and the hired guns can go back to doing what we didn't give a shit about until they got to milk the GNR name dry for a few bucks.

Go solo or do a reunion. Fuck all this other nonsense. If you do go solo, concentrate on the word solo and leave the yes men/women at home where they belong.

I don't know who's attracted by this line-up. Yeah, madagas likes Tommy, but... they are very irreplacable. Axl could hire Adler's cover band tomorrow and hardly anyone would notice the difference. They are skilled middle-aged musicians with no fame and no 'star factor'. I don't even know what Axl's plans are if there is any for the future, and how he'll change them every hour.
I don't know if this list is legit - if not, then the best fraud in the history of the GN'R saga. If true...well, then I don't want no reunion, cause that'd be even worse. Slash, Duff and Izzy wouldn't tolerate this treatment. Then a good cover band, playing AFD, CD or (well...) CDII songs is the best possible option. I wish Axl would find more peace, since he seems to be really troubled and bitter. Fuck it man, you're one of the greatest singers of all time! Fire everybody, get a piano, write an album alone in 6 months and tour. That'd be the best.

johndivney wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I wish Axl would find more peace, since he seems to be really troubled and bitter.

this seems to be what it all boils down to whenever the shit invariably hits the fan with GnR.
& it makes me wonder why he still endures with GnR & with trying to release music. is it solely financial? if it is then how can he be threatening to dissolve the business everytime the wind blows in his face? with all the BS & silent years i'm sure i'm not the only one who has questioned whether he still has the hunger or still 'needs it'?
surely he'd have found better peace of mind (or found a better piece of mind) retiring from the music biz altogether.. but then he seems driven by this notion that he won't be defeated & this is all tied up with his belief & ownership of the GnR name..

he's defo a very troubled & conflicted guy. which is of course a large part of why i'm so interested. make no apologies 4 that..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That list is actually pretty funny.

The only thing I'd be interested in is Robin's resignation letter, whether he left angry or not and what his reasons were.

I don't doubt MSL has something. But some of that is a little too perfect, to tidy, with what people want to know. Not saying he personally made it up himself, but a little too iffy for me to take 100% serious.

Especially Beta trying to tell Merck how to take advantage or trick Axl... If she knew how to do that why would she share that info with Merck? 16

So far he's using as proof metal sludge saying he has a flashdrive of stuff they haven't seen or validated. That he said Doc was fired after it was already rumoured to have happened and a possible replacement manager was in line, which was not mentioned by msl. And the Better video treatment that someone says the director admitted to -- which I believe is legit, btw.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In some ways I don't think any of this information really comes as that much of a bomb shell.

I mean most of it are documents you'd expect a band to have, tour and album plans, contracts and expenses.

And at the risk of sounding like an apologist. The rest of it isn't really much of a revelation. We've known since the first versions of GNR that Axl is an emotional guy. That he would have disagreements and fights with bandmembers isn't surprising, that he would sometimes feel like packing it all up only to change his mind is also unsurprising.

I don't think it means the death of the band any more than all the previous prblems the band had - like bucket leaving - ment the death of the band. If you watch that metallica doco "some kind of monster" you see that even in bands with relatively stable line ups it's common to have a lot of anguish and fights.

I mean on one hand it seems damaging to the band, and it's questionable of a fan to leak this stuff to the media, as it seems it could harm the band and I'm not sure why a fan would feel entitled or want to do that.

At the same time it's not all that surprising too. I mean i'd be shocked if a band at GNR's level was able to tour and release albums without a bunch of plans/financial documents and draft projects. Given the history of the band, I'd be surprised if there had never been any complaints or tension between the band and who they worked with.

It's also not surprising that occasionally reunion talk gets put on the table for discussion, considering eveyr few years someone offers them hundreds of millions to do it. Even been offered that kind of money? Of course you'd think about the pros and cons!

If you think about it, it would be more surprising if none of this information existed, it's pretty much what we've all assumed went on behind the curtains. What's shocking really is that someone leaked it to an outsider, not that it exists in the first place.

And for the record, for me this changes nothing, I've always been interested in Axl's music, and I've always known he gets into fights with people and that it's not a rosey happy world all the time in GNR land and that everything doesn't always come out as expected...for me I love the music and band despite all that, and I'm sure it's the same for most people. Anyone offended by this type of thing would surely have written them of decades ago right?

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If a few documents in the possession of a guy who wrestles in the AWA is going to decide the fate of GNR in the 21st century, then just go ahead and call it a day whether or not the documents ever see the light of day.

Anything on that much shaky ground shouldn't exist in the first place. The CD era has always been a complete fiasco, even the blind nutswingers are finally figuring it out, there was never, EVER any real plan in sight, so what do we really lose if this "flash drive" gets out? A band that cant record any new music? A band that tours the hits every few years overseas?

Let it implode. Maybe Axl can come back to the plate in a few years with something substantial and the hired guns can go back to doing what we didn't give a shit about until they got to milk the GNR name dry for a few bucks.

Go solo or do a reunion. Fuck all this other nonsense. If you do go solo, concentrate on the word solo and leave the yes men/women at home where they belong.

nothing else left to be said james. after buckethead, robin and brain left his "band" axl should have called it quits...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

who is axl corresponding with in these emails? none of it seems worthy of saving an email, so the question becomes who got ahold of axl's computer and sifted through his inbox to find the most damning stuff? either that or who is his correspondant who had their computer stolen / hacked

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

obv '2' means axl has at least one more book, i'd ASSume to do with the make-up of theAFD band..

The honour of thieves is a great title for a book about the music business and this saga. I'd love Axl to publish his view point one day - just to hear his side of everything and what it's been like to live the life he has.

The "two" may not mean it's a second book but a second draft of the document. I'd imagine writing a long document like that you;d have various versions or edits of the file. Or it could be the second half of one work if it was better to format it in two documents etc.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What's shocking really is that someone leaked it to an outsider, not that it exists in the first place.

And for the record, for me this changes nothing, I've always been interested in Axl's music, and I've always known he gets into fights with people and that it's not a rosey happy world all the time in GNR land and that everything doesn't always come out as expected...for me I love the music and band despite all that, and I'm sure it's the same for most people. Anyone offended by this type of thing would surely have written them of decades ago right?

that is p damning & yet more evidence of the cancer consuming GnR. the documents leaked seem to be mainly negative, purile & petty. the person who leaked it obv wanted to show axl's meanness & strangeness. yet the person was held in enough confidence & was close enough to obtain these documents in the first place.

we can excuse axl's behaviour and explain it away as normal by comparison but at the end of the day he's been head honcho of this organisation now for 20years & rather than things improving from a professional well-oiled machine befitting one of the great rock band's and legacy's we've descended into a level of pettiness that's uncomfortable even for GnR fans. every band goes through it's peaks and troughs, it's just axl seems to consistantly lead GnR down the same dark paths no matter who his bandmates are.. eventually that shit sucks the life out of supporters.. the fact that nothing changes gets wearisome, no?? (of course we've had tours & one 14-track lp, but even with line-up changes the behaviour of axl remains depressingly predictable - from these documents you have to wonder where the loyalty of Tommy/Dizzy etc. steams from??)
eventually there will have to be a day of reckoning, a day of judgement on whether axl wins or he loses. he seems intent on never giving up so i imagine GnR will survive this easily enough (though we may see the line-up rotated in the not-too-distant-future). but he has to see that what he is keeping alive he has turned into an embarrassing & petty wreck rather than the inglorious monster he once fronted.

i think it's only fair to call into question the legitimacy of the band & axl's rule of GnRland when 'evidence' such as this comes to light. it defo is cause for re-evaluating the band & whatever output they manage.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It would have to be a hack of Dj's, Beta's, Brain, Fernando's, Doc and Axl's computers.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i don't see it as a catastrophy tbh. yea for me it'd be sad if GnR were dissolved, but the truth is much more important.

Really? Just sad? Sounds like a casual rock fan to me. And since you spend hours n' hours every other week on a fan-site, I'd guess you were a hardcore-fan...

So for every band/arist you ever liked, you wouldn't mind if personal/secret e-mails were leaked to the press TMZ-style.
Just as long as you got "the truth"?

Or could it be that you just have a nosy personality and that get a slightly wierd kick out of reading stuff you were not supposed to?

but at the end of the day, imo, transparency is more important than music.

YES! There should be a law passed that states that every musician, sportperson, actor, comedian, TV-personality or any other person that somehow works as a performer of any kind have to turn over all their letters, emails, contracts etc etc etc so that we, the public, know that there are no immoral actions taken by said people!!!

Sure, those crazy nutjob wacko artists we all love or love to hate might be interesting geniuses who create fascinating art for us to enjoy (or hate)! But FUCK IT! If their conduct behind the scenes can't stand the public light, get rid of 'em! GET RID OF 'EM, I SAY!!!

The music-business would be much more interesting with a bunch of Bono's, Chris Martin's and Bob Geldof's running around!

Board footer