You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: GnR 2011 North American Tour? (*Rumor*)

Yeah honestly I wouldn't go. I don't have money to spend on bands that are too busy to be creative, too petty to be professional, and too scared to be original.

Sky Dog wrote:

What are you talking about? They are the most dangerous band on the internet!

Fuck with them and they will hand your ass to you in a typed smackdown!:lol:

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Yeah honestly I wouldn't go. I don't have money to spend on bands that are too busy to be creative, too petty to be professional, and too scared to be original.

This is just...Wow in a speechless/unexpected sort of way smile

EDIT: nice madgas 14

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To everyone saying they wouldn't go to the show....I personally don't feel it was the same show I saw in 2006, the band dynamics are quite different with DJ.

The setlist does tend to be similar, but there's also some CD songs that you wouldn't have got in 2006 - and to be honest - GNR really only has CD, UYI and AFD....so there's always going to be a lot of set list repeating tour to tour. I'll admit the relative absense of UYI these days (other than NR and the covers) is a shame sometimes, but at the end of the day, if you're a fan of AFD back in the day, it's nice to hear Axl screaming out those tracks, and if like me, you dig Chinese too...then it's quite a good mix of old and new.

Anyway each to their own. I'd just caution people against letting the politics of the band get to them. You know like sure, we'd all like them to release music more often - but that aside - it's a good night out with some tracks you grew up to and some modern gems. So i'd still recommend going - with the possible exception of people like Buz who are diehard reunionists to the point that they can't accept any version of the new band - but if you are a guy who can enjoy the old and the new then it's a fun show.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

If they tour, I will go.

My 16 year old daughter asked me to take her.

jamester

jamester wrote:
johndivney wrote:

jamester do the dates match any of those you saw on msl's memory stick??

I will take this question in hopes it will cast some light on my questioning the validity of this whole MSL mess.

My Review of a possible farce in regards to johndivney's question:
During the tour MSL provided on his laptop I focused on fact, My interests, And anything that would prove or disprove what he has. I admit I found nothing conclusive to push me off the fence.

As far as any Alleged tour plans:
MSL provided a verbal overview to accompany most all of the files while we went from topic to topic. Some faster than others. One of such topics was the alleged possibility of a GnR/VH tour. This was the only file that I remember seeing dates and venues for. I will grant I do not remember any specific dates or venues from this possible tour, more a mental note that there is a list. This particular topic did not hold much interest to me as it was already talked about in many areas. I did note as MSL talked that the list seemed short and was not in my local area of mostly if not all US dates.

MSL showed me a file of a possible US tour. At first glance it would seem it is a short file only  the planning stages of an Alleged US tour by GnR. At second view of the file MSL points out a possible list of bands to tour with.

One name Stood out in the list like a sore thumb STP. I then speculated to MSL that I question this file due the publicised fued between Rose and Weiland. MSL went on to say " Who else would you pair GnR with on tour?"
At this point I lost interest in this file and ask myself why did MSL feel the need to defend the fact that STP was in that list. So no johndivney I did not see or remember any connection from MSL's  memory stick, or his verbal overview with this set of dates.

On Thread topic:
"The Dates may change" and *Not for public release* Do give me some hope after a ciggy and a pout. At the end of the day I just want my favorite band to move forward. I would Love to see the current lineup live! and Hope to eventually hear what they can do as far as writing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Re STP....I don't have it on hand but I think Scott retracted a bunch of those comments about Axl post breaking up with VR.

He said something about how he'd let the pressure of the situation get to him then made some joke about how he and Axl now have a lot in common not being able to work well with the VR boys - which makes him wonder on reflection if there were 2 sides to the GNR breakup.

That's far from an exact quote but that was the guist of the remark. I might look for it later on.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I'd be on the fence when it comes time to buy a ticket. I saw two great incarnations of the Guns N' Roses brand, but when the 2006 line up rolled out something was missing. But it was still an entertaining show, don't get me wrong. But unless DJ could up the ante from Robin, I'm not sure there is enough to motivate me to see it again.

jamester

jamester wrote:

(if you could find a link i would like to read.)

cool thought monkey the only other name i cared about was Motley Crue (see Rose Vs Niel)  I do not remember who the file was from. But could be a good reason For ax to tell Doc to Fu@k Off.  ***Again i dont know if doc was even involved** just thinkin and speculating

Board footer