You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Dj Ashba "Axl Rose Is One Of The Nicest Guys I've Met"; Video Inter

DCK wrote:

Jacko and Presley are more diverse and with a wider talent. Axl is a great performer, especially when he's pissed off, but IMO it's very hard to call and comes down to taste

ppp

ppp wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

These guys are servants and puppets. That's how Axl likes it. When somebody, like bumble dares to talk a bit, then he's gonna get some hurt. These employees doesn't have an ounce of say, they can't decide what will happen and what not, and when and why not. I bet they don't even dare to ask Axl about the cancellations, 'changed plans' and other issues. Just shut up and play, that's Axl philosophy. The problem is that anyone with a bit of self-respect will go away sooner or later, when got enough money from the 'nice guy'.

Yeah bumble looks really hurt.......

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
DCK wrote:

Jacko and Presley are more diverse and with a wider talent. Axl is a great performer, especially when he's pissed off, but IMO it's very hard to call and comes down to taste

Elvis is not more talented than Axl and he is not more diverse. Elvis didnt even write his own songs he had people write them for him. 

Jacko on the other hand is probably the best pop star and most talented of all time. He write a lot of his songs and the ones he did write were mostly hits.

You can say Evlis had a bigger impact than Axl, but talent wise I dont know, . Elvis was a great singer and performer but he never wrote his songs.

Lomax wrote:

Elvis vs Axl thread? Really?

Sky Dog wrote:

Jacko didn't write all his stuff either.....I think Axl is as talented as Jacko but like Buzz says,  throughout history , there are literally dozens more talented than both of them.

I can't put Jacko or Axl in the same category as Elvis because he was sooooo influential. His influence and voice alone way outstrip the fact that he didn't write his own lyrics.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

elvis.jpg
2001_22_1---Letter-V_web.jpg?&k=Letter+V
axl_rose_01.jpg

Who shall emerge Victorious?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

Jacko didn't write all his stuff either.....I think Axl is as talented as Jacko but like Buzz says,  throughout history , there are literally dozens more talented than both of them.

I can't put Jacko or Axl in the same category as Elvis because he was sooooo influential. His influence and voice alone way outstrip the fact that he didn't write his own lyrics.

Influence and talent are two different things. Elvis had way more influence than Axl, but overall who was more talented? Someone that sings songs written for them or someone that is a singer/songwriter?

And to the other posted, like I said Jacko didnt write all of his songs, but he did write a lot of his hits.  Also Axl didnt write all of the Gnr songs either.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
russtcb wrote:

roll Elvis did not "have people write his songs". He chose songs he wanted to cover based on songs that moved him. Yes, the point remains that he didn't write his own songs, but he in no way "had people write his songs"

Having said that, your talent as a performer has zero to do with your songwriting ability. And if you think Elvis didn't have a diverse catalog, you really should do more research.

Semantics, the fact remains Elvis didnt write his songs.  As for being a diverse talent we are not talking about singing different styles of songs, we are talking about his talent as a musican are we not? By Elvis not writing his own songs that makes him less diverse than someone that does.

If we are just talking about performing then yes no one beats Elvis, he started it all for being a great performer but I thought we were talking about musical talent not just performing

Board footer