You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Rock Hall 2011 Eligible: Only Guns N Roses Would Make the Cut

misterID wrote:
Riad wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bon Jovi should not be mentioned with the likes of The Beatles, Queen and The Stones. But to each his own.

Why not?

I think Bon Jovi's modern day counter part is Nickleback and Creed. I think they belong in a category with Journey, Def Leppard and White Snake.

I just don't think their music belongs with The Beatles or The Stones. Very, very few bands can reach that level. And BJ hasn't released anything anywhere near what those bands have. Not comparing anyones best or worst songs. As a band, they just don't belong in that discussion. They don't have that great album, despite how popular and how many they sell. They never had anything reach the greatness that those bands have.

misterID

misterID wrote:

AFD belongs in the same discussion as The White Album and Never Mind The Bollocks. That's the difference.

Lomax wrote:

These Days

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm sorry, but no Bon Jovi album had the same impact as those bands. AFD, Nevermind, Sgt. Pepper, Pet Sounds, ext...

Just not in the same league.

Lomax wrote:

Are we talking about impact or music now?

misterID

misterID wrote:

It's really the same thing.

Lomax wrote:

How is it the same?

misterID

misterID wrote:

The music made the impact. The music was that great that it set itself apart from everything and everyone else.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm sorry, but no Bon Jovi album had the same impact as those bands. AFD, Nevermind, Sgt. Pepper, Pet Sounds, ext...

Just not in the same league.

Appetite hasn't had much of an impact other than popularity. How is that any different from Slippery When Wet? Guns was a legit 70's style hard rock band, but they didn't really influence anyone that came after them. The grunge movement pretty much wiped out any potential influence they might have had.

Lomax wrote:

So?
There are a million pub bands that never made an impact on anyone and are far superior to anyone we've discussed here.

And for the record. Bon Jovi may not have struck a chord across the board. But where they did hit they hit hard and deep.

I went through a Zeppelin phase and yes they're great, I went through a Queen phase and yeah they're excellent too. Bon Jovi, may not have had as wide an allure or scaled the dizzy heights musically but they came close and their music resonates with me personally on a much deeper note than Queen or Zeppelin ever did

Board footer