You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

jamester wrote:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD Films 'So Far Away' Video - Apr. 19, 2011
small_banner.jpg?v=4c4e6d81
Southern California's AVENGED SEVENFOLD recently filmed a video for the song "So Far Away" with Wayne Isham, who has previously directed videos for such established artists as METALLICA, MÖTLEY CRÜE, SIMPLE PLAN, PANTERA, 'N SYNC, SHANIA TWAIN, GODSMACK, BRITNEY SPEARS, LEONA LEWIS, PINK FLOYD, SHERYL CROW, JOSS STONE, MADONNA, AVRIL LAVIGNE, DEF LEPPARD and BON JOVI.

Isham previously helmed AVENGED SEVENFOLD's video for "Nightmare" (see below), the title track of the band's 2010 album, which came out last summer and was AVENGED SEVENFOLD's first No. 1 record.

AVENGED SEVENFOLD is currently taking part in the headlining "Welcome To The Family Tour" with support from THREE DAYS GRACE, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and SEVENDUST.

AVENGED SEVENFOLD kicked off the "Nightmare After Christmas" tour on January 20 in Reading, Pennsylvania. The show marked AVENGED's live debut with Arin Ilejay, formerly the drummer for Los Angeles-based Christian rock group CONFIDE, who is sitting behind the kit for all of AVENGED's upcoming tour dates.

The relatively unknown Ilejay is the second drummer to play with AVENGED SEVENFOLD following the December 2009 death of original drummer James "The Rev" Sullivan. The band recruited ex-DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy to play on its latest album, "Nightmare", and all its 2010 tour dates before dismissing him at the end of the year.

Ilejay played on CONFIDE's 2008 debut album, "Shout The Truth", and appeared on tour with the group.

Sullivan was found dead in his Huntington Beach, California home at the age of 28. His death was attributed to a lethal combination of prescription drugs and alcohol.
[youtube]94bGzWyHbu0&feature=player_embedded#at=83[/youtube]
avengednightmareart.jpg

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Love this band, still hoping they tour Australia soon after canceling their festival appearances from earlier this year.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Amen lets hope it happens!!!

jamester

jamester wrote:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD's 'Nightmare' Certified Gold In U.S. - Apr. 27, 2011
"Nightmare", the latest album from Southern California's AVENGED SEVENFOLD, has been officially certified gold by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association Of America) for shipments in excess of 500,000 copies in the United States.

Former DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy played on "Nightmare" following the death of AVENGED SEVENFOLD's drummer, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, and toured with AVENGED for the entire second half of 2010.

Commented Portnoy upon receiving his "Nightmare" gold-album plaque: "Thanks so much to the AVENGED SEVENFOLD fans for making me feel so welcome and loved during my time with the band."

jamester

jamester wrote:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD: Springfield Footage Available - May 4, 2011
Quality fan-filmed video footage of AVENGED SEVENFOLD's May 3, 2011 performance at MassMutual Center in Springfield, Massachusetts can be viewed below.
[youtube]9f4NO5GBNh4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
[youtube]VREgJlDIbJ0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Am i just half asleep or dd they use a sample of the Rev's vocals there?

Lomax wrote:

Yup it's a sample and why not. The man had a unique voice.

jamester

jamester wrote:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD: Illness Forces Dallas Concert Postponement - May 19, 2011
Orange County, California's AVENGED SEVENFOLD has released the following statement:

"We are very sorry to inform you that, due to an illness in the band, the [AVENGED SEVENFOLD] concert tonight [Thursday, May 19 at Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, Texas] is being postponed. We're planning to reschedule the date right now and will honor all tickets for tonight's concert on the rescheduled date. Additional information will be posted on VerizonTheatre.com tomorrow. We are so disappointed to be missing our fans in Dallas tonight and look forward to seeing you really soon."

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Hope they're good by the time they're due to tour here in a couple of months.
Got my tickets yesterday, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them live!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Hope they're good by the time they're due to tour here in a couple of months.
Got my tickets yesterday, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them live!

As you should be!  They put on a great show and the musicianship is top knotch my friend!:rock:

Board footer