You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Dj Says working new GnR songs ! :Ashba Black Carpet Interview

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:
Neemo wrote:

nice 9

for the record, Neemo, I know you like DJ.....I don't.....no disrespect to you at all. He has some chops but it just rubs me the wrong way with all his Slashesque postures. Tough for me to take. Bucket, Robin, and Richard definitely have their own style. DJ seems like a mercenary.:/

hey whatever guys everyone can think/feel what they want

my biggest gripe in the past has been the fact that there has been very little to no communication, but DJ and ron seem to be talking alot letting little gnr tidbits out here and there so thats cool with me smile

DJ worked tooth and nail for years to get some level of fame and he finally has it...more power to him I say...jsut cuz he pitches his product doesnt mean that you have to buy it .. .i dont understand why people are all bent outta shape that he does, the entire fuckign world is a big commercial anymore, you gotta remember that he is in the marketing business as well as the music biz

as for the interview...he mentions being in the studio for guns and hints that there is a tour in the works....check and check...I'm up for it, bring it on 22

but if you think hes all in it for the clothing line I really doubt it...his clothing (what 4 or 5 different items) is hardly gonna be the bread winner for him.

as for him being a mercenary...could very well be...but IMO his position now is no different that all the rest of the guys who were in the band pre chinese democracy release...time will tell as to his mercenary status..i tell you though when i met him i tried talking about Sixx:A.M. and he wouldnt talk about it much aside from saying that the SAM album was already finished (back in Jan 2010) and when GnR had a bit of downtime that it would probably be released...after that he deflected the talk away from that and just wanted to talk about GnR, so my buddy and i chatterd with him about the tour so far and the show he just played and a bit about how he got to where he is musically and professionally...he was a really cool down to earth guy 5

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I really hope that GN'R is working on new music, there is far too much talent in that band to not take advantage of it...!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It is allowed to say in an interview that you're working on songs. You're a musician after all, ergo, you can work on songs if you're in a band.

I mean, we all bitched for years they never said shit. When they do, we bitch because it's not true (read past experience).

So what exactly should he do?

Working on music isn't "releasing an album". It's what you do when you're a musician.

I know the backstory, just fucking releax your titties sometimes.

Someone mentions something and you're prepared to launch an atomic attack.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

GNR fans are an angry bunch.  I understand the hesitation and disbelief, but it's funny, and sad to read.  Reminds me of the time when people said, "Chinese Democracy will NEVER come out".  Then it did, and instead of admitting they were wrong it was onto the next thing that wouldn't happen or whatever was wrong, etc.  It's always something.  The band obviously has plenty of issues and isn't the easiest band to support, but this bashing DJ for saying they're working on new music seems a little much to me.

I respect the guy.  He's talked about working on new music in the past and obviously nothing came of that, and it was even tempered by Ron's comments.  But still, he's not afraid to come out and say it AGAIN.  Who's to say if/when we get new music.  Guys just can't do anything right.  Ron takes the "no comment" approach and he gets blasted.  DJ speaks as everything is fantastic and he gets flamed.  Axl says NOTHING, and he gets bashed.  The band makes comments on facebook and they get called lame.

There's a common trend here.  Happy days will be here again, just hang on tight until then.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
faldor wrote:

GNR fans are an angry bunch.  I understand the hesitation and disbelief, but it's funny, and sad to read.  Reminds me of the time when people said, "Chinese Democracy will NEVER come out".  Then it did, and instead of admitting they were wrong it was onto the next thing that wouldn't happen or whatever was wrong, etc.  It's always something.  The band obviously has plenty of issues and isn't the easiest band to support, but this bashing DJ for saying they're working on new music seems a little much to me.

I respect the guy.  He's talked about working on new music in the past and obviously nothing came of that, and it was even tempered by Ron's comments.  But still, he's not afraid to come out and say it AGAIN.  Who's to say if/when we get new music.  Guys just can't do anything right.  Ron takes the "no comment" approach and he gets blasted.  DJ speaks as everything is fantastic and he gets flamed.  Axl says NOTHING, and he gets bashed.  The band makes comments on facebook and they get called lame.

There's a common trend here.  Happy days will be here again, just hang on tight until then.

You think anyone will be pleased when happy days come again?

Anyway, good post.

The DJ bashing because he happened to say he worked on new songs are sad enough as it is.

Then you can say GNR got what's coming to them.

But then that's not nice and proves we're just as bad. Which just got proven with mygnr

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

when exactly were the happy days?

the problem with ron/dj/axl getting flamed is - why don't they just tell the truth? (tho then of course they'd get it for being truthful)
i don't necessarily dismay at ron's reluctance or axl's silence, or even dj's egregious self-promo. but it is insensitive to flippantly equivocate on the matter of GnR material, where everyone and their dog know by this stage that is an extremely volatile subject matter.

it's blatantly obvious dj is lying in this particular case. it's simply outrageous to expect anyone, fans or not, to believe what he is saying regarding GnR.
and if by some slender chance it is true what he is saying, there is absolutely no evidence, of any kind, to support his spurious comments.
that is why there is a backlash this time.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

bunch of pussy ranting here.

if dj said the album was coming out in september followed immediately by a tour would we believe him any ways?

no, because he's not the record label or management.

everyone stop bitching and calling people liars.

he's says he's working on music every day and is hinting at a tour in the future. if another tour doesn't happen, i'll be stunned and musicians work on music all the time, regardless of release plans. very non comittal there.

If anything he's just gettinjg off on spreading a little hope. it feels good to be the bearer of good news ........

and hope is all we have as gnr fans

16  22

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

"Working on songs" probably means that he is recording some riffs and ideas to be submitted for Axl's approval. And Ron is probably doing the same.

I really wish they'd stop having the current band fuck around with the tracks laid down by the 2002 lineup and just release all the Buckethead/Finck stuff as-is. Then let the new band come up with some of their own material.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

We don't know whether DJ's lying or telling the truth (in some form). But the truth is that it doesn't mean shit. Last time Axl needed more than a decade to release the stuff. It can be quicker this time, but considering his personality, his demands and his relationship with the label, even if they had an album ready to release, it could take years to happen. I'm sure even a third VR album will happen before CDII. Or not later.

Board footer