You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Neemo wrote:

there are plenty of more crazy things to come wink

johndivney wrote:

another great ep this week (5 & this have been the best episodes)

best thing on tv by miles atm

johndivney wrote:

gonna miss sean bean
but ned stark had to die, no way out of his predicament w/o breaking the show. top stuff.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Nice season ending! Didnt see the dragon egg thing coming!

Blood of my Blood!

Guess I will pick up the books during downtime big_smile

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

so everyone else thoughts on the season as a whole? the last episode started exploring stuff found at the beginning of the second book

johndivney wrote:

as a whole, & not having yet read the books - or really been much aware of the existence of that series or even the tv show until i watched it, except for very brief hype-beast mentions in the press that i tended to gloss over - i loved the first season.

i didn't too much care for episode 10/the season finale tho. far too much emphasis on plot development & not enough action & bloodshed!!
it was almost like what traditionally would have been the first episode of season 2. it felt like episode 9 was the 'real' end of the season & that 10 was interested in tidying up the storylines for the start of season 2.
i thought they coulda went out with a bigger bang.

"having said that" as larry david would say, episode 10 was actually p fuckin cool as per usual outside of it being an anti-climax for a season finale. for the last wee while it's been on this sort of knife-edge tipping point in tension. having said that, episode ten kinda lost that momentum slightly when you realised there wasn't time left for nor emphasis on some kinda action/dying/sex - but obv regained that momentum by it's class ending.

it's just a fuckin great tv show.

wish there were more than 10 episodes tho. i'm gonna miss it terribly. (& i don't really wanna read the books 'cause it'd ruin the tv show for me! how often do you get to say that? most always it's the other way around..)

johndivney wrote:

they're coming back to film in belfast & co. down (they use the mourne mountains for some of winterfells locations which are just a stones throw away from me)

i'm gonna grow my beard to monkeychow levels & head over to see if i can become an extra..

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

book 5 just came out last week...A Dance with Dragons its called 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

its still on demand for HBO Canada...i assume  that the main network would still have it as well

Board footer