You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Dave Grohl To Drum On Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Am sure I read that Jasons's band gave him their blessing to tour with Zep after the 02 as and if it happens.  I know dave grohl would be amazing - he's a great drummer - but this belongs to bonham.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
julia (babydolls) wrote:

I know dave grohl would be amazing - he's a great drummer - but this belongs to bonham.

I agree with Babydolls on this. It'd be great to see Dave with them. Amazing actually. But it belongs to Bonham.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
julia (babydolls) wrote:

I know dave grohl would be amazing - he's a great drummer - but this belongs to bonham.

I agree with Babydolls on this. It'd be great to see Dave with them. Amazing actually. But it belongs to Bonham.

Me too. Once met Jason Bonham in a place called Nean Sollers (Cleobury Mortimer) - crazy fella - likes his drink and rocks.

But I'd like to see Dave do a gig or two on the drums. He'd be like a kid in a candy store, the enthusiasm would be infectuous. I'm also intrigued to see how his style of drumming would work with Led Zepplin, which although was a very heavy and hard sound was also quite intricate.

ibelieveinaxl
 Rep: 4 

julia (babydolls) wrote:

Am sure I read that Jasons's band gave him their blessing to tour with Zep after the 02 as and if it happens.  I know dave grohl would be amazing - he's a great drummer - but this belongs to bonham.

hi jules..thanks for the link. its nice to be somewhere where ALL views are respected.

/ibelieveinaxl

ibelieveinaxl wrote:
julia (babydolls) wrote:

hi jules..thanks for the link. its nice to be somewhere where ALL views are respected.

/ibelieveinaxl

:wtf:

all views are respected here, mocking admins at other boards is generally not.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'd love to see Dave sit in for a song or two but this gig if it actually happens should and will be Bonhams.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
ibelieveinaxl wrote:
julia (babydolls) wrote:

/ibelieveinaxl

welcome ibia 9 glad for you to join us make yourself at home 22

but JB is correct, we like our members to check their animosity in at the login screen 19 but a new point of veiw is always welcome to add to our discussions, so post away big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i thought this was rather curious hmm

Led Zeppelin Star To Play With The Foo Fighters Next month at the Grammy Awards...
by Jason Gregory on 29/01/2008

Led Zeppelin bass player John Paul Jones will team up with the Foo Fighters during their performance at the Grammy Awards next month, according to reports.

Jones is expected to join the band during a live performance of their single '˜The Pretender', which is nominated for Record Of The Year at the ceremony.

The Foo Fighters will also be joined by a select number of amateur musicians who have been picked by the My Grammy Moment initiative.

Jones' participation will fill a live long ambition for Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl - who is a self confessed Led Zeppelin super fan.

Grohl famously offered to drum for the band during their reunion show at the O2 Arena in London last December.

This 50th annual Grammy Awards ceremony takes place in Los Angeles on February 10th.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/40381/led-z … o-fighters

Board footer