You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Watching Estranged again as I prep for a con call. That is the only part of this show I'll EVER be watching again.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I'll never base my opinion on how a show was good or bad from a you tube link.  And to those who expected them to play new songs.  After all these years you'd think you'd learn.  I knew this would not happen in a million years.

Rock In Rio 1991 they debuted songs from the then unreleased UYI
Rock In Rio 2001 they debuted a few songs from the then Chinese Democracy

So I don't think it was much of a stretch to expect new songs in 2011

Ok.  In 1991 that was a REALLY different band and Axl and that different band still had balls back then.  Can't compare that to GNR 2011.  in 01 he had no choice to bring a couple new songs to the table.  It was a new band, he had to do it.  But since then.  NOTHING!  When he brought IRS, Better live iwas because of the leaks.  Had it not been to them all we would've gotten from the CD album would've been, CD, Madagascar and The Blues aka Treets of Dreams.  So I'll still say that expecting new songs from Axl was really stretching it and really unrealistic.

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Watching Estranged again as I prep for a con call. That is the only part of this show I'll EVER be watching again.

no doubt...

the good news is maybe they will formally add it to the setlist night in and night out.

The bad news is I don't think the US tour will be completed. Axl is completely unprepared for this. sad

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I just got back and watched Estranged. It was ace. With the rain and everything it was a moment with goosebumps. I am scared to watch the rest though.

Estranged seems to fit his voice better now than in 1993 when it was all shot to hell. Good stuff.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

that was not a great performance. i thought the band was good, although they seemed uninspired. aside from all the problems, there was just an energy missing from the show. i really believe that was due to the weather though (and maybe the shitty feed). they sounded great on some of the challending songs that haven't sounded too good in the past. and they nailed Estranged.

as for Axl, his vocals and performance were poor overall. after getting the rasp back and hearing him sound great for most of 2006-2010, it was disappointing to hear him go back to the 2002 sound.

he was really out of breath early and was trying to overcome that (and the rain). but then he started hitting a nice stride on estranged and TIL. he sounded good at other times as well.   

i don't think this is a disaster though. i have even more confidence in this band now. the fact that Axl had the rasp at various times during the show tells me that he will continue to sound better as they get more shows under their belt.

this was in no way shape or form a "return" or an opportunity to show the world they are back. they just got done touring the world very successfully 10 months ago. all that's left is the U.S. and this show will not impact the upcoming tour at all. they have a bunch of S.A. dates coming up soon and how that tour overall goes will be more telling for prospects of success or failure for the U.S. tour.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Did someone say TIL was good? Fucking hell, he was out of tune for fucks sake!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

first show man....and in the rain...u guys need to chill

DCK

DCK wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ, you weren't kidding were you. This is the worst I've heard Axl for fucking ages.

I am confident it will pick up though, but I think they made a mistake by not doing a show before this one.

Axl will get his rasp back, might loose a few pounds and Tommy will get a whisky and be happy again. Don't worry.

But this was a disaster.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer