You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

emcitymisfit wrote:

"Hey guys! He ONLY missed lyrics to multiple songs he's been playing for 20 years at one of the biggest moments of his career! What's the big deal?"

johndivney wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Naltav wrote:

If a bad rock show gets you THIS riled up, I really hate to think of what happens to you when some really important shit in your lives really hits the fan!
sad

there is very little that is more important than sitting up til 3 or 4 am discussing another GnR 'failure'

i can't believe you missed it!!

roll on the US tour. hope Axl brings the ruckus and/or meltdowns.

I wasn't sitting up in late morning hours, it aired in the afternoon here in Australia. And we're on a Guns N' Roses forum discussing our favourite fucking band - Guns N' Roses.

So no need to get all high and mighty about it, like it's below you to be bummed out about our favourite band having a bad gig. If you have that attitude, why come on this board at all?

i was being sincere! 14

it's not below me. i was @ dublin mate & had a shit night. but that's just part & parcel of it - i go see a lot of bands multiple times & every so often i have a bum night at one of their concerts. & i like to dissect what went wrong & right. only with Axl/GnR there's a whole other drama unfolding to. i am genuinely a fanboy caught up in the storylines of the soap opera. & it is important to me when shit like RiR happens. it is funny & entertaining stuff to follow.
it's maybe not as rewarding as it could be, but that's probably one of the reasons it's so enchanting! like living in the hope someday we'll have a resolution - but what's happening is really the only reality we'll ever know, it's a nice illusion to dream for..

edit: & i didn't even stay up to watch the gig - or get up early enough
i did stay up reading this board & people's reactions for a while during a bout of insomnia the night after the gig. i was being sincere.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:

no offense intended but this is the kind of fan attitude that allows the band to continuously underachieve and desecrate the legacy of one of the greatest bands of all time.

Maybe I am wrong for expecting more out of an all time great.

i guess maybe you are...and i think i said that in my post that maybe my expectations arent as high as everyone else's...like i said try watching it when you are awake and not at 2:00am expecting 2 or 3 new tracks and 5 other tracks that they never played live before

i did say that it wasnt the greatest show ever....pretty obvious with, messes up on a couple guitar solos, vocal miscues, axl sounding winded at times, missing lyrics and shit...but it wasnt a complete disaster either. there were some definate high points..what songs did he miss lyrics on? TIL, NR, Patience...anythign else? Jungle solo got messed up due to technical difficulties 16 timing at hte end of LALD screwed, winded on a few songs (better ycbm being the bad ones) did i miss anything else armchair tour managers? but its not like the whole song was fucked and usually the bad parts happened right at the end of the songs, up til the miscues everythign seems to be going pretty good imo...as the show wears on though each flub pisses off axl more, but the crowd is so into it that Axl gest into the songs again by the end...watch axl at the start of PC then at the end....he is PISSED at the beginning, then rocking out at the end...whatever it happened its over and they finished the show...some of you were close to predicting a Riot when you saw a damn puddle on the stage before the show even started

fine you want me to be "objective" the show sucked this is the end of NuGnR....Axl is gonna go crawling back to slash after this fiasco of epic proportions...the tour is finished i dont see him recovering after this joke of a show .... blah blah blah ... thats whats considered to be "objective" right?

fact is here it was the first show, axls voice will get stronger as they go on, they will tour the USA and some of you that are nay sayers now will be creaming your pants when they stop in your town sayign how great they were

also your mad cuz i kicked your ass in fantasy football 15

HAHA i am getting everybody that has someone going nuts each week!!!! can't win like that!!

Anyhow, yeah i mean compared to ST Louis and riots etc or Axl walking off stage and not finishing... the show wasn't that big of a trainwreck but to close this type of festival, with so much on the line, US Tour starting, people just waiting for u to fail and u come out and do THIS.....  Just not good going forward if they sound like this the rest of the tour... its gonna kill what is left of the fanbase and the curious casual fan.

U don't want people coming home.. prob after waiting hours and say "That was the worst shit I've ever seen"
Axl has 2 strikes against him already keeping the band name and it not being the original lineup..s o that means he has to "OVERACHIEVE" and he has far from done that.

johndivney wrote:
jppgnr wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fy2zjfh … _embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16GCwEuA … _embedded#!

I dont know if this has been posted but here are a couple of videos of the rehearsal, they intended to play Oh My God, maybe because of the rain they didnt.

cool hope they do add OMG to the set on a constant basis (for this leg of touring at least - when i can't go to the gigs lol!)
good lyrics

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Naltav wrote:

If a bad rock show gets you THIS riled up, I really hate to think of what happens to you when some really important shit in your lives really hits the fan!
sad

there is very little that is more important than sitting up til 3 or 4 am discussing another GnR 'failure'

i can't believe you missed it!!

roll on the US tour. hope Axl brings the ruckus and/or meltdowns.

I wasn't sitting up in late morning hours, it aired in the afternoon here in Australia. And we're on a Guns N' Roses forum discussing our favourite fucking band - Guns N' Roses.

So no need to get all high and mighty about it, like it's below you to be bummed out about our favourite band having a bad gig. If you have that attitude, why come on this board at all?

There's being bummed about a bad show from your favourite band, then you have total "armageddon-doomsday-destruction-crazy"-angry at the band/Axl!

I was bummed after spending a lot of money on the two shows in Norway last year.
And for the record, I got up at 4am to watch rir and I missed the live stream because of the late start.

But there is a thing called everreacting and many here on the board are def in that camp!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Waiting for Axlins epic post (hope he won't forget any text)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl has 2 strikes against him already keeping the band name and it not being the original lineup..s o that means he has to "OVERACHIEVE" and he has far from done that.

Any first impression for the new band that was made was made a while ago...peopel just didnt decide after 11 years of gnr post slash/duff touring that all of a sudden everything was fixed

face it people either like the new era or they dont, they can't out do themselves every show...they are human just like you and me, sometimes they have bad nights, thems the breaks

see difference from what i'm doing and most others are doing is that i ame trying to take soemthing positive out of the gig rather than nitpicking all the bad stuff... i'm sure axl and the band are well aware of the mishaps that happened and are prolly even harder on themselves about them than we could ever be, i think as a fan it is nice to be able to say..."yeah that part sucked, but did you see this other part?" I'm not denying that the show had obvious flaws...i'm just saying there were highlights too, and instead of harping on the bad points i can look at the good points and say "it wasnt the greatest but it wasnt totally shitty either" 22

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Some fun stuff, mostly bad. That's not saying GNR didn't do some extremely crappy shows in 87-93. They did. Extremely fucking bad. As bad as this one? Well, they were sober (from what I know) and usually it wasn't Axl who were below par. It was now.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I'm sure the band and singer are working to solve the technical & performance issues. But one of the biggest problems was Axl's conditioning coming into the show. He was fat, slow, out of breath, and out of tune. He should have spent weeks preparing for the physical rigor of this upcoming tour. Instead, he shows up late and bloated.

I don't think these are simple fixes. US critics will crucify him for his appearance; and now because his singing is suffering too, he will be torn apart because of that as well.

Some have suggested that he will work himself in to touring shape. Well, there is a problem with that: word of mouth will work faster than his weight loss. This tour will be hurt by low ticket sales if Axl cannot achieve that level of indvidual success sustained in 06/07. Critics and audiences will not settle for half value at full ticket price.  I don't even think the '10/11 version is good enough to impress audiences in the States.

Sky Dog wrote:

He is way out of shape. However, this ONE show has been beaten to death....new show in a few days. Let's wait and see what happens.

Board footer