You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

-D- wrote:

this show was so bizarre cause at times like on TIL... He sounds fucking fantastic... its like it really came and went....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:

this show was so bizarre cause at times like on TIL... He sounds fucking fantastic... its like it really came and went....

^enabler roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i thought that it had portions of ballad of death in it...been meaning to watch them both and see its a reprise

I think it might be that it just has a couple of signature DJ licks in it.

Further to this.

Figured out where I heard that lick.

About 2:00 into DJ's solo there's a very similar lick to the  Dj solo in Accidents can happen (see 2:27 on the Sixx AM track)

I think this is what i was thinking of...but maybe it's also like Ballad of Death 3

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

I speculate that could be the problem with his voice last decade or so. It's sort of there generally but just craps out at ranom moments.

If you look at songs it's quite common for most of a song to be bad ass and then the occasional line to sound strange.

I feel like an ass saying that, but it's just what I hear at times. I hope Axl comes out stronger tonight and kicks some fucking ass.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:

^enabler roll

Nice to see you have no desire to aknowldege what people actually ment by using the phrase enabler Neemo. Getting sick and tired of people assuming some of us think anyone who says anything positive ever is an enabler or a nutswinger. Get over yourselves guys and stop being so sentive to the whoel thing. You're allowed to express both sides of it. If you have something positive to say that's great if you ONLY ever have positive things to say and nothing else even when things weren't you are an enabler among other things.  No different than a Cowbosy fan telling em to stop criticizing Tony Romo cause he's a nice guy. When you've got long time members of this sight who are generally very positive yet shocked at what they saw the other night and calling it out for what it was that shows that anyone who comes in here and says it was a great show and they killed it on Sorry and they were ruling the night just doesn't care to aknowledge anything that doesn't paint the band in an overly positive light. It does border on HTGTHish.  Roll your eyes at me if you want.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

I speculate that could be the problem with his voice last decade or so. It's sort of there generally but just craps out at ranom moments.

If you look at songs it's quite common for most of a song to be bad ass and then the occasional line to sound strange.

I feel like an ass saying that, but it's just what I hear at times. I hope Axl comes out stronger tonight and kicks some fucking ass.

Amen, I hope so because that Rio show was down right terrible.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I am an Axl fan.. so I'm not someone that nitpicks or looks for things to just pounce on him about.. But I am not an overzealous blind fan either... I am the first to praise when things are awesome but I'm gonna call him out when I don't agree or thinks he is slacking off. Hell, I started a very positive thread about the US tour going smooth a couple weeks ago... Shit I look dumb at the moment for that one.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha...u guys are so sensitive....i was joking!

axl had a funny line after TIL was looking for it the other day but couldnt find it

after TIL Axl says..."well my lip sync tape broke and my mic was turned off....kidding! Ok lets see what we can fuck with now" obviously in a joking manner and in response to the Axl always blames everyone but himself

anyway Bono....-D- you guys called me an enabler because i said most of the show was good and there was fuckups spattered throughout...so then -D- says basically the same shit but he is realistic....

-D-

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:

haha...u guys are so sensitive....i was joking!

axl had a funny line after TIL was looking for it the other day but couldnt find it

after TIL Axl says..."well my lip sync tape broke and my mic was turned off....kidding! Ok lets see what we can fuck with now" obviously in a joking manner and in response to the Axl always blames everyone but himself

anyway Bono....-D- you guys called me an enabler because i said most of the show was good and there was fuckups spattered throughout...so then -D- says basically the same shit but he is realistic....

I didn't say the same shit

I said it had several great moments but the majority of the show was the worst GNR show I've ever heard

Sky Dog wrote:

TIL SCOM and SOD all sound great...just watched them.

Board footer