You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:

Im starting an old vs new and don't give a shit

Everytime I hear Estranged and then think about all the people who compared "ANYTHING" off CD to it.. I chuckle my ass off at the idiocy.

Sorry, completely random but everytime i hear those Slash guitar melodies/solos I think of that.

Estranged was one of those songs just ahead of its time when it has always been far superior to the other two of the trilogy.. people now appreciate its brilliance/epicness

Yeah, I like The Blues, Better, TIL and Prostitute as much as Estranged.

Include TWAT in that list and I'm with you.  Also, "Madagascar".  As far as "epic solos", for me, I think Bucket's solo is as good as anything Slash has ever done.  In fact, that may be the most stunning guitar solo I've ever heard.  His solo on "Sorry" is just gorgeous, too.  I love what Robin does in "Better" and "This I Love".

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

"weak ending to the once mighty Guns N' Roses"?? Do what now? I was very worried about the tour immediately following Rio the other night, but by no means did I think it was "the end".

And I just spent a few minutes watching some of the clips every one provided and I couldn't be happier with turnaround. Band sounded awesome again, Axl sounded far better, Axl was in far better spirits.... all good things.

No no no!!!! He wears the stupid hats! Fuckin' hats, I'm telling you!!!!!
It's the Eeeennnddd!!!!

Nice to see you can prove what a  loser you are on a  continueous basis. Nevermind you're  complete liar when you said you hit the ignore button on my posts. I've been one of the few who hasn't ragged on Axl for his weight yet I comment on how stupid I think those fucking hats are and that's what you point out?  Good one clown!

johndivney wrote:

some fuckin crazy talk going on there

Naltav wrote:
madagas wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Yep seems like its a big improvement, any fuck ups wont be as apparent anyway seeing as its not being beemed live around the world, but they were all better than what they produced on the big stage the other night, thats why it was so disapointing and it could only really get better.
Find it a bit weird that they have added yet another AC/DC song to the set... this is the guy who spent how many years and how many millions making how many records worth of new material? Throwing in a cover version at the end of the set is a fun idea, but to have so many seems kind of weak.
Pretty disapointed to be honest, even if they dust off OMG it seems like they are scraping the barrel for ideas, and the reality of the elusive follow up album is its just mad notion in the minds of a few nutty online fans.
Infact I couldnt care less if they start breaking out Coma, Locomotive, The Garden, Breakdown etc - thats the old bands accomplishments,  by now this line up should be living and dying by their own work.

agree...too many cover songs.:headbang:

Really?! We're down to this now?

Looks like Axl isn't the only one "scraping the barrel"

I mean we all wanna hear new material from Axl & Co.

But the simple fact still remains. There is no way around that they have to do the setlist more or less the way they're doing it now.
If they did mostly new material (ChiDem) and unheard songs, spiced with WTTJ, SCOM, NR, PC, the Guns N' Roses-tours of late would be club-gigs instead of arenas and stadiums.
And then THAT would be an issue for the usual whiners, "Oh, fuck! I can't believe it's come to this?! Nobody cares anymore! bla bla bla!"

Like someone else pointed out. Sure, as a diehard fan, I'd love to hear a new song or three! But do I want a repetition of getting a new GNR album in my hands where I've already heard 9 out of 14 tracks? Hell no!

you're getting a new GnR album?
when?

Bono

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:
madagas wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Yep seems like its a big improvement, any fuck ups wont be as apparent anyway seeing as its not being beemed live around the world, but they were all better than what they produced on the big stage the other night, thats why it was so disapointing and it could only really get better.
Find it a bit weird that they have added yet another AC/DC song to the set... this is the guy who spent how many years and how many millions making how many records worth of new material? Throwing in a cover version at the end of the set is a fun idea, but to have so many seems kind of weak.
Pretty disapointed to be honest, even if they dust off OMG it seems like they are scraping the barrel for ideas, and the reality of the elusive follow up album is its just mad notion in the minds of a few nutty online fans.
Infact I couldnt care less if they start breaking out Coma, Locomotive, The Garden, Breakdown etc - thats the old bands accomplishments,  by now this line up should be living and dying by their own work.

But the simple fact still remains. There is no way around that they have to do the setlist more or less the way they're doing it now.
If they did mostly new material (ChiDem) and unheard songs, spiced with WTTJ, SCOM, NR, PC, the Guns N' Roses-tours of late would be club-gigs instead of arenas and stadiums.
And then THAT would be an issue for the usual whiners, "Oh, fuck! I can't believe it's come to this?! Nobody cares anymore! bla bla bla!"

Like someone else pointed out. Sure, as a diehard fan, I'd love to hear a new song or three! But do I want a repetition of getting a new GNR album in my hands where I've already heard 9 out of 14 tracks? Hell no!

They played four cover songs in the set. Figure it out Naltav. That's four songs that coul've been either new songs or old Illusion songs. . Nobody needs or wants to hear an AC/DC song at a  Guns N' Roses concert let alone two of them. You seriously are a Jarmo in disguise only without any power to delete and lock threads.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

some fuckin crazy talk going on there

Naltav wrote:
madagas wrote:

you're getting a new GnR album?
when?

Like you, I have no clue! Could be next year or 5-10 years from now. But damn it, do I want it to be fresh!

Bono

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:

Im starting an old vs new and don't give a shit

Everytime I hear Estranged and then think about all the people who compared "ANYTHING" off CD to it.. I chuckle my ass off at the idiocy.

Sorry, completely random but everytime i hear those Slash guitar melodies/solos I think of that.

Estranged was one of those songs just ahead of its time when it has always been far superior to the other two of the trilogy.. people now appreciate its brilliance/epicness

Include TWAT in that list and I'm with you.  Also, "Madagascar".  As far as "epic solos", for me, I think Bucket's solo is as good as anything Slash has ever done.  In fact, that may be the most stunning guitar solo I've ever heard.  His solo on "Sorry" is just gorgeous, too.  I love what Robin does in "Better" and "This I Love".

Ali

Oh COME ON!!! STFU. Are you honestly gonna sit there and tell us you basically love the half the CD album more than Estranged?  And then tell us that Buckethead's solos on CD are as good or better than anything Slash has ever done?

Hey even if Axl reads this fourm you aren't going to be his friend! he's not gonna hang out with you.

People have lost their freaking minds!

Thank god I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday cause clearly what bugs me most is stupid posts, not the actions or inactions of the band 14

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

LOL, people like what they like, Bono.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Totally unnecessary, dude.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

Pathetic...

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ali

Oh COME ON!!! STFU. Are you honestly gonna sit there and tell us you basically love the half the CD album more than Estranged?  And then tell us that Buckethead's solos on CD are as good or better than anything Slash has ever done?

Hey even if Axl reads this fourm you aren't going to be his friend! he's not gonna hang out with you.

People have lost their freaking minds!

Thank god I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday cause clearly what bugs me most is stupid posts, not the actions or inactions of the band 14

Your arrogance and condescension notwithstanding, that is my opinion.  Not agreeing with your viewpoint doesn't mean I've lost my mind, nor does it make my posts "stupid".

To make matters worse, you didn't even read and comprehend what I wrote correctly.  Perhaps try that next time.

Ali

Board footer