You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I love how things like personal taste and personal opinion just can't come into it for some people. I loved a ton of Slashs work and still do. It doesn't mean I can't move on, grow, evolve, etc.

I love Estranged and I love many songs on CD as much or more. Deal with that because it's reality. While I find it sad that your world is so small that you comprehend others tastes, it's actually more annoying than anything.

And I love how anyone who has an honest opinion on CD songs that differs from yours it makes "trying to be friends with Axl". You can go fuck yourself with that nonsense. If I was trying to be friends with Axl Rose, I'd sure as fuck find a different avenue to pursue it in. I wouldn't hang out with a bunch of people seemingly trying to find fault in every little thing he says, sings and does.

Good to see you're "ignoring" my posts yet still directing coments my way. good for you buddy.  Pardon me if I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone can sit here and say they think half of CD is as good as Estranged. Sure it's your opinion but what planet does that opinion come from?  And for the record I never stated if your opinion on CD differes from mine you are trying to be Axl's friend I said postings like Ali's as a whole come off as though the person wants to be friends with Axl and posts accordingly yet clearly that was tongue in cheek cause no fucking shit Sherlock that if anyone is trying to be freinds with Axl they'd find another avenue to do it.

Lomax wrote:

Haters gonna hate.

Anyway back  ON topic.

Axl looks like he lost 4 stone in 2 days

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

How much is a stone anyway?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Ali is very pro Axl, anti Slash, but does it in a way to where you think its an actual debate, when really it is not.  If Buckethead played Slash's solos, and Slash played Bucket's, he (ALI) would say, "Man, Bucket's solos SMOKE Slash's, he has so much more feel and passion, anyone can play fast like Slash, but few have the emotion, passion, feel of bucket."  I say that as a fan of Bucket, the dude is great, and I like his solos.. But you really can't hum, or sing his solos and they are not "that" memorable.. They are nice and tasty, but not "iconic" or "masterpieces".  Even the casual fans would agree with that.  People will always prop up their guy more.  Bucket was an Axl guy.  Axl is an Ali guy.  So it makes sense, Ali will back Bucket before Slash... 

I come from the camp that they are both great yet, VERY different styles. 

Finck has some nice solos too, but live was often a debacle.

Ashba, so unoriginal it pains me to see.

Ron, takes his job serious, major chops, but I like Bucket's style better.

Fortus, can really play, not sure of writing skills, but the guy can play.  Often has shitty tone though.

Pot meet kettle 16

I'm in the camp where I'd be much more excited over a 2002 line up reunion than a 91 line up reunion.  But I would love to see Slash and Axl on stage again for nostalgia purposes, even though that word has become a negative around here as of late. Ali pretty much has said he loves GN'R, and loves this line up. Like I said, Robin and Buckethead were my favorite era of the band. EVER. But 95% of what made me love GN'R was Axl's contributions to it. So, I'll always have some interest in whatever line up he has. I was never following GN'R for Slash, though Izzy was my second favorite in the group and was also a big part of what attracted me to the original line up. Excatly how Tommy is a HUGE point of interest for me in this band (yes, I said band). But I have to say, the current line up has impressed me.

Just hate seeing people tear the band apart because Slash isn't there (yeah, I've accepted it goes with the territory with keeping the name) and then turn that bitterness onto the fans of this line up for just mentioning that this line up is a band. No petty insults needed. This is collectively too cool of a group of posters for that bullshit, IMO.

I'll take Buckethead over Slash. But I'd take Slash over DJ, if that makes you feel better. wink

Just don't like seeing people jumping on others because their opinion is different than their own. Or try to tell them why they dig this line up, as a way to try and discredit this band and the posters opinion in the process. No need for that. We're all fans, and we still care, or else we wouldn't be here posting about it. Even if the posts are loaded with venom. Would love to see some mutual respect for everyone.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Ali is very pro Axl, anti Slash, but does it in a way to where you think its an actual debate, when really it is not.  If Buckethead played Slash's solos, and Slash played Bucket's, he (ALI) would say, "Man, Bucket's solos SMOKE Slash's, he has so much more feel and passion, anyone can play fast like Slash, but few have the emotion, passion, feel of bucket."  I say that as a fan of Bucket, the dude is great, and I like his solos.. But you really can't hum, or sing his solos and they are not "that" memorable.. They are nice and tasty, but not "iconic" or "masterpieces".  Even the casual fans would agree with that.  People will always prop up their guy more.  Bucket was an Axl guy.  Axl is an Ali guy.  So it makes sense, Ali will back Bucket before Slash... 

I come from the camp that they are both great yet, VERY different styles. 

Finck has some nice solos too, but live was often a debacle.

Ashba, so unoriginal it pains me to see.

Ron, takes his job serious, major chops, but I like Bucket's style better.

Fortus, can really play, not sure of writing skills, but the guy can play.  Often has shitty tone though.

Damn, I can't believe the intolerance towards differing viewpoints here.  I thought that's what made this place different.  Not so much, apparently.

Being pro-Axl does not make one anti-Slash.  Thinking Bucket is a better guitar player than Slash does not make one anti-Slash.  Thinking Slash isn't the angel in contrast to Axl's devil, instead that they're both flawed individuals that have made mistakes like ever other human being on the planet, does not make one anti-Slash.

Like I said, if I was anti-Slash, I wouldn't have gotten every thing he's released since his GN'R days the day they were released (including the iTunes Sessions EP) and gone to see him every chance I got.

Try again, next time.  roll

Ali

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ali, I cant argue with u on HTGTH due to the censorship, so I will here

Axl can have 20 great shows in a row... Still does not and will not excuse the way he performed showed up at RIR.

misterID

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl can have 20 great shows in a row... Still does not and will not excuse the way he performed showed up at RIR.

How did you get that argument from what he just said?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Sorry.... this goes to something last night on HTGTH i just saw

Can you say overreaction to one bad show on the part of some people on these boards? Roll Eyes

Ali

I said how so?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

How did you get that argument from what he just said?

a carry over from HTGTH I would assume.

*I guess he just clarified that

misterID

misterID wrote:

Oh...

I said the same thing when people were saying he would probably retire because of it.

I don't even know why you go over there in the first place, D.  I looked at the site a few times the last couple days and it seriously makes my head hurt everytime I start reading a thread.

Board footer