You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Estranged from Rock in Rio 1

Smoking Guns wrote:

[youtube]jp-nCPlT03U&NR=1[/youtube]

I love how they played this epic song, what, 9 months or so before the song is ever heard by the public...  Fucking awesome.  Just cool to see how they broke it out in Rio, they brought it back in rio some 20 years later....

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

[youtube]nKhj5uOw1pY&feature=related[/youtube]

Damn, this recording sounds kick ass too... Soooo much energy!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

[youtube]qDO1qpPWReg&feature=related[/youtube]

Did they play 2 nights?  Seems like two different recordings...  very cool.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I've seen it before, but wow, Estranged at Rio 1991 sounded killer. Really puts it into perspective for those saying the 2011 version is better, myself included.

As great as the 2011 version is being played, nothing beats Slash's tone and feel for those melodies.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

[youtube]4UkLVxOouuw&feature=related[/youtube]

Fun looking back 20 years ago... I know this band was full of "junkies and alcoholics", but fuck, they were awesome, and I don't care what drugs they were on.  They took the "big shows" seriously and delivered.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I've seen it before, but wow, Estranged at Rio 1991 sounded killer. Really puts it into perspective for those saying the 2011 version is better, myself included.

As great as the 2011 version is being played, nothing beats Slash's tone and feel for those melodies.

I know it...  The band during the 91-93 era was a great live band.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah there was 2 nights 20th Jan & 23rd Jan 1991.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

And yeah, they played two nights in Rio 1991, with a slightly varied setlist.

I'll see if I can find the info

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I thought they did... Couldn't find the 2nd night version of Estranged.. Thought they didn't play it.  I am watching the show above, the complete one.  Damn.  Awesome.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I know it...  The band during the 91-93 era was a great live band.

It's a great reminder for some people here. Some others...well, they'd put Fernando's last fart above Slash's entire work, so their opinion doesn't mean anything at all.

Board footer