You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

DCK wrote:

That's one wicked Axl

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

Lets be honest

Axl gave the fanbase that doubted him after RIR *me Included* a GIANT FUCK YOU and Told you so with how he bounced back from that.

I would humbly apologize if I ever met the guy.

I wouldn't.  It could have been easily avoided.  He created the doubt himself and quite frankly it is the reason people still doubt him.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think live shows are always going to be what this band (like most replacement bands) is ultimately going to be known for.  They will never have a big hit again, but they can tour literally for years if they choose to do it right off the hits.  They may release albums to mild success, but they will ultimately be known as a great cover band and a good time for the passive fan.

Yeah, but that seems to be the case with most bands that have had their peak in popularity. Only you throw in stuff like "cover band" and "replacement bands" in your very predictable boring manner of trying to bait and jumpstart a discussion.

The topic have been discussed to the point of yaaawwning... 11

AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica etc etc are not filling arenas and/or stadiums with people wanting to hear the new songs.

You have some exceptions now and then. U2 had and album some years ago (was it "All That You Can't Leave Behind"?), that had some surprising huge hits.

Same thing with Aerosmith's "Get A Grip", a surprising big selling album from a band that had seen its peak in popularity.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

Lets be honest

Axl gave the fanbase that doubted him after RIR *me Included* a GIANT FUCK YOU and Told you so with how he bounced back from that.

I would humbly apologize if I ever met the guy.

I wouldn't.  It could have been easily avoided.  He created the doubt himself and quite frankly it is the reason people still doubt him.

Exactly! The fan reaction to Rio was fully warrented. There is no reason for anyone to apologize. Axl made his bed that night, the fans reacted accordingly and that's that. Big deal.

Great to know Axlin had an awesome time. I watched a few clips and yeah Axl sounds pretty darn good at the moment.

I remember when they came out late 2009 Axl's voice in the clips I saw was so good it got me excited to buy tickets to a see a guy I said I'd never buy tickets to see ever again. I did and saw them in January 2010. It was a fucking awesome show. Having said all that I don't think I'd buy tickets to see them evere again. I won't say never in an absolute way but I don't think I would. Even though he sounds good and the band is great live it just doesn't excite me. I watche d afew clips of last nights show and thought "Oh that's cool" but nothing more. I remember watching clips in 2009 and thnking "I gotta get tickets I guess" 

I really hope this same odl same old is just so the US fans finally get theirs and then FINALLY we can put this whole CD era behind us and mayeb they will actually move forward...... maybe.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think live shows are always going to be what this band (like most replacement bands) is ultimately going to be known for.  They will never have a big hit again, but they can tour literally for years if they choose to do it right off the hits.  They may release albums to mild success, but they will ultimately be known as a great cover band and a good time for the passive fan.

Yeah, but that seems to be the case with most bands that have had their peak in popularity. Only you throw in stuff like "cover band" and "replacement bands" in your very predictable boring manner of trying to bait and jumpstart a discussion.

The topic have been discussed to the point of yaaawwning... 11

AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica etc etc are not filling arenas and/or stadiums with people wanting to hear the new songs.

You have some exceptions now and then. U2 had and album some years ago (was it "All That You Can't Leave Behind"?), that had some surprising huge hits.

Same thing with Aerosmith's "Get A Grip", a surprising big selling album from a band that had seen its peak in popularity.

haha fuck you're hilarious. Yeah U2 had a few albums  that have had some hits recently. Actually they had 3 #1 albums in 9 years the past decade and have sold upwards of 25 million albums thanks to their recent output. Even No Line on the Horizon which didn't have a massive hit single(although ti did have Moment of Surrender which RS called the best song of 2009) the album still went #1 and still sold near 4 million copies I believe.

As for Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden etc etc etc they still fill arenas and stadiums and are NOT cover bands with the original singer.

Your comparisons here are laughable. Sorry dude just calling it like it is.

Current Gn'R are a cover band. They are touring the HITS that the original band wrote and recorded with a  few new songs that nobody in the current band other than Axl had a hand in writting haha.

Lomax wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Riad wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Wow don't tell me Axl might be speaking! Cool!

not to dash your hopes but there's a lot of shows in florida at the minute:

http://www.floridaentertainmentscene.co … /index.htm

Just browsed halfway through that list. Didn't see many acts that could say to Eddie: "Cancel all your upcoming shit, gather your boys and fly down here!"

smile Good point. I hope you're right.

Isn't Eddie good friends with the Buckcherry guys? ....

ohhhh intriguing

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
Riad wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Riad wrote:

not to dash your hopes but there's a lot of shows in florida at the minute:

http://www.floridaentertainmentscene.co … /index.htm

Just browsed halfway through that list. Didn't see many acts that could say to Eddie: "Cancel all your upcoming shit, gather your boys and fly down here!"

smile Good point. I hope you're right.

Isn't Eddie good friends with the Buckcherry guys? ....

ohhhh intriguing

Don't know about him being friends with Buckcherry. But again, are they such a scoop that Eddie Trunk and the co-hosts of TMS cancels all their plans and fly halfway across the country?
smile

If this is for GNR, I would guess this is some sort of PR for the tour and not for a future season. So maybe we'll see the result kinda quick!
Could be entertaining! The famous interview from '06 was def. interesting and funny as shit!
Fingers crossed...

Edit to add:
Dreaming out loud: it's for a sneak preview of the next album!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Bono wrote:

Current Gn'R are a cover band. They are touring the HITS that the original band wrote and recorded with a  few new songs that nobody in the current band other than Axl had a hand in writting haha.

Stinson, Reed, Pitman.

I see your point, yes. A lot of the CD writers had left the band by the time the album was released.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Well last night was a 3 hour scorcher, that's all I can say about that. A plus.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

Board footer