You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Greatest Hits re-enters Billboard 200

Mikkamakka wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboa … r=position

The same thing happens in the US, than in Europe last year. I'm surprised that so many people have bought this compilation. Surely, a lot of old casuals attend these shows, who go out and buy a GH to warm up and refreshen their memories.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboa … r=position

The same thing happens in the US, than in Europe last year. I'm surprised that so many people have bought this compilation. Surely, a lot of old casuals attend these shows, who go out and buy a GH to warm up and refreshen their memories.

Very true. I think a lot of old  casual fans do that for pretty much all bands.  It's funny how fans are dubbed by an album title though cause honestly I'd say AFD, UYI 1 & UYI 2 are all better than GH haha.

alexh0618 wrote:

Plus, it was probably discounted heavily during the Black Friday weekend. I think I saw it a Best Buy for like 3 or 4 bucks.

Also very true. the old brand and old songs still carry a lot of weight and still get a  ton of air play on classic rock radio so yeah... I don't own GH but if I saw it for $3 I'd probably pick it up to round out the collection.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Very true. I think a lot of old  casual fans do that for pretty much all bands.  It's funny how fans are dubbed by an album title though cause honestly I'd say AFD, UYI 1 & UYI 2 are all better than GH haha.

I'd even say Lies is better than GH. Not a very good compilation considering the number of great songs they created.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'd even say Lies is better than GH. Not a very good compilation considering the number of great songs they created.

True although I guess I just discount LIES based on only 8 songs.

Also I guess I should've said "dupped" rather than "dubbed"

Board footer