You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Bono wrote:

How many get in? I think Gn'R is a 1st ballot inductee although not t the expense of The Cure.   Gn'R are the sexy choice though so I think we all knew this was gonna happen. Now to se who shows up and how it goes down. In my honest opinion I don't care who shows up or who performs but I do NOT think anyone from the CD era should be inducted as Gn'R.  Matt should go in Gilby is debatable, Dizzy yes,  but Gn'R is getting in based off AFD, LIES, and the Illusions and what was involved during that era.  CD era has NOTHING to do with their induction so......

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

GNR shouldn't be penalized for other less deserving bands

no way with their resume they aren't a first ballot HOF
Thats like saying don't put Michael Jordan in first ballot cause some other person isn't in yet.

One has nothing to do with the other.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Gn'R are the sexy choice though so I think we all knew this was gonna happen. Now to se who shows up and how it goes down.

And that right there is why it was a no brainer for them to be inducted ASAP. Even bad publicity is good publicity if you're the Hall of Fame organizers. If they can cause another trainwreck similar to Van Halen's induction, it will just give the Hall of Fame more attention (which is all they care about). To top it off, GN'R legitimately should get in based on the quality of their music. It was a short career but it kicked a ton of ass.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

WickED

Bono

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

Thats like saying don't put Michael Jordan in first ballot cause some other person isn't in yet.

Thats your opinion though. I don't believe the Cure is less deserving. they've had a much longer career, have more than twice as many releases, they are icons and basically the poster child of an entire genre whether anyone likes heir genre or not and have been incredibly influencial whether anyone believes that or not. In fact you could ague they've been a  more influencial band than Guns N' Roses and it would be a strong argument.  the Cure is MORE than deserving to be in the HOF.  the Cure are one f the best bands of the last 30 years and one of the best live bands ever.  They deserve to be in the HOF if anyone does. Its a  disgrace that Madonna is in over a  band like the Cure and the Cure have been eligible for years.

But like I said Gn'R are the sexy choice and they will go in  just don't believe they deserve to go in now at the expense of the Cure.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

Thats your opinion though. I don't believe the Cure is less deserving. they've had a much longer career, have more than twice as many releases, they are icons and basically the poster child of an entire genre whether anyone likes heir genre or not.  the Cure is MORE than deserving to be in the HOF.  the Cure are one f the best bands of the last 30 years and one of the best live bands ever.  They deserve to be in the HOF if anyone does. Its a  disgrace that Madonna is in over a  band like the Cure and the Cure have been eligible for years.

Actually, it's a disgrace Madonna is in a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at all. No need to even compare her with the likes of Cure, Deep Purple, KISS, Bad Company (or at least Paul Rodgers) and on and on.

Bono

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Actually, it's a disgrace Madonna is in a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at all. No need to even compare her with the likes of Cure, Deep Purple, KISS, Bad Company (or at least Paul Rodgers) and on and on.

So fucking true. I'd put Bon Jovi on that list as well. All you gotta do to discredit the RRHOF is list he bands that aren't in and then point out that Madonna is in.  10

What's next,  Britney Spears before Pearl Jam?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

So fucking true. I'd put Bon Jovi on that list as well. All you gotta do to discredit the RRHOF is list he bands that aren't in and then point out that Madonna is in.  10

What's next,  Britney Spears before Pearl Jam?

It's not a Rock Hall if it has a punch of pop and rap artists in it. I'm fine with old school blues and R&B artists getting in since they played a crucial part in creating the rock genre, but modern day pop and rap/R&B artists have absolutely no reason to be put into a Rock Hall. It's an insult to the genre.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Madonna shouldn't be in there? Comparison aside, how could you deny her effect on music over the last three decades? C'mon...

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Madonna shouldn't be in there? Comparison aside, how could you deny her effect on music over the last three decades? C'mon...

She isn't in the rock genre and had absolutely zero positive impact on its development.

Board footer