You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

You're continuing on with your straw man argument.  I never said ANYTHING about GN'R going in with or without CD.  My point was that one album argument is A) completely moot for the original band, B) statistically anomalous based on the artists currently inducted.

Go ahead and argue what is likely or not.  We'll never, ever know for sure.  And Christ almighty, I don't know where in the hell you got I was saying that CD was a part of why GN'R got inducted.  I said nothing of the sort roll

Ali

The idea of Gn'R getting in based off AFD credentials alone is much more valid than the idea that CD played a part in their induction. Everyone knew they were going in by 1995 and had they only released AFD I'm pretty sure they'd still be going in ala Sex Pistols but yes we will never know for sure. What we do know for sure is CD played no part in their induction. NONE because we all knew by 1994 Guns N' Roses was gonan get inducted at some point so....   

Your  "yeah but" approach to it simple trys to deflect away from that fact and lend credance to the idea CD was a contirbuting factor.

You asked how many bands have gotten in off one album I gave ya an answer and then suggested two other bands that more than likley would've gotten in based off their debut/breakout album alone. You went into statistics and anomolies and blah blah blah.   You always ask for examples or refrences and then when someone points them out it's never to your liking 14

I think it's pretty clear to me by now you enjoy engaging in the straw man argument.  I have never said that I think CD was a contributing factor.  Clearly, by the members being inducted, it was not a contributing factor in the RRHOF's decision to induct GN'R.

I was merely pointing out that based on the facts alone, it is highly unusual for a band to be inducted on the basis of one album alone.  That is fact.

Your examples/references are completely irrelevant because you are giving examples of two bands that you THINK, not KNOW, would be inducted based on one album alone.  The problem is that Nirvana and the old GN'R did NOT release only one studio album.  I happen to think that In Utero is every bit as good as Nevermind, if not better.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Naltav wrote:
-D- wrote:

notice how he didn't call it Guns N Roses! hmmmmmmm

Surprised? I'm not. And I'll bet nobody are. And all those currently in the band are prolly least surprised and totally fine with Duff calling it whatever i wants to.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2 … ements.php

Duff:  "About a week and a half ago, I had the pleasure of hanging out with Tommy Stinson. For those of you who don't know, he is the guy who replaced me in Guns N' Roses."

He has called the band Guns N' Roses.

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Ali wrote:

I happen to think that In Utero is every bit as good as Nevermind, if not better.

Ali

Totally agree. The songwriting is off the charts here. Not poppy or really that commercial, but pretty much light years ahead of Nevermind.

The backstory on the album is really interesting, too.  He was very much a perfectionist. I swear, he and Axl are like the yen and yang brothers. So different, but sooooo similar.

Sky Dog wrote:
Ali wrote:
Naltav wrote:
-D- wrote:

notice how he didn't call it Guns N Roses! hmmmmmmm

Surprised? I'm not. And I'll bet nobody are. And all those currently in the band are prolly least surprised and totally fine with Duff calling it whatever i wants to.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2 … ements.php

Duff:  "About a week and a half ago, I had the pleasure of hanging out with Tommy Stinson. For those of you who don't know, he is the guy who replaced me in Guns N' Roses."

He has called the band Guns N' Roses.

Ali

I got your back Ali....touche! And for the record, I'll take In Utero over Nevermind as well. Just like I'll take the Illusions over AFD. It's all personal taste.:thumbup:

AtariLegend wrote:

For those outside the UK that never seen the great HardTalk interview Olorin posted.

Duff got asked about Hall Of Fame, his answer was pretty much maybe and he doesn't know.

Sky Dog wrote:

wonder why? Axl holds ALL the cards....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

If you have a problem at HTGTH - KEEP IT THERE.

gotta agree...or at least provide some kind of a back story instead or flying off the handle for no apparent reason
bottom line...Trujillo got inducted for Death Magnetic...and that album hardly solidified anythign but a welcome back party for a metallica on hiatus...CD had somewhat the same effect

i still say its up in the air as to who actually gets inducted for the GnR work...

and not everyone can (or even fuckign wants to) turn into a dreamboat band for cougers who watch CM fucking T

I do like Bon Jovi up to keep the faith, but since then (and to an extent even on that album) hes turned into a pussy of epic proportions ... Bon Jovi MTV Unplugged was the last straw for me personally

let try to keep this discussion on track please, we do not need any more old vs new shit...i've half a mind to put this in the TWAT section

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

self-appointed judges' judge = the RRHOF committee, & SOME people in this thread

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I got 2 tickets to this shit show this morning, so let the games begin.

Board footer