You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Duff BBC Hardtalk Interview

Olorin wrote:

Good 25 minute sit down interview with Duff on the BBC's Hardtalk show, shame folk outside the UK probably wont get to watch it hmm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/h … 639411.stm

Watch it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg2m

AtariLegend wrote:

Thanks for posting Olorin, missed this episode.

Great interview and an interesting choice for Hard Talk. Didn't think she'd be a "Gn'R" fan. Anyone in the UK, should check it out on iplayer.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Why does the fucking BBC keep the rest of us out?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Great interview, shame most will miss it. None of your Eddie Trunk wishy washy BS, a proper adult interview. It was pretty funny watching Duff squirm when the lady interviewer challenged him about the lyrics in Its So Easy, "Turn around bitch I got a use for you." 16

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

There is no adverts/commercials on BBC TV and radio channels, its the British public who have to pay for a TV licence every year which funds the BBC.
Whether or not it'll stay that way is always a hot of debate. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, not because I think the TV licence is unfair, but I'm utterly sick of having commercial breaks every 10 minutes during a program I'm watching, I think I would pay more if it meant I wasnt subjected to that garbage.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

The Duff interview was broadcast on BBC Worldwide, I guess thats a cable channel shown abroad. But the "BBC iplayer" which is the online site which shows repeats, I guess thats for the UK only hmm

johndivney wrote:

good interview. by & large it simply deals w/the narrative of Duff's book (upto say '95 there's no talk of the split or VR) , so anyone who has read it isn't missing much from not seeing the interview.
yea the interviewer does ask ONE or TWO awkward questions but she's polite enough to let Duff ramble & waffle on before switching topic. she's not paxo by any means..

when i first opened this thread i thought the interviewer was gonna be the girl who reviewed CD for Newsnight. i'd nvr watched Hardtalk before, & prob won't again.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

There is no adverts/commercials on BBC TV and radio channels, its the British public who have to pay for a TV licence every year which funds the BBC.
Whether or not it'll stay that way is always a hot of debate. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, not because I think the TV licence is unfair, but I'm utterly sick of having commercial breaks every 10 minutes during a program I'm watching, I think I would pay more if it meant I wasnt subjected to that garbage.

Don't get me wrong mate, we got the same thing here. They stream all the official channels online, to Norwegians. They blocked it from the rest of the world a few years ago.

I don't really watch TV except DVDs of series I got, so I get away from most of the commercial bullshit, but you got a point

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Just search for a uk proxy.  Anyway, here's a rip for you all.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UNSL9PHI
I detest having to pay a licence just because I have an aerial and tv just for bbc channels.. what if I dont wanna watch any bbc stuff and dont mind having an advert here and there.  I'd like the choice.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Aye the old licence fee is a bit outdated now with satalite tv, I reckon it'll probably be done away with in the next 10 years. Then again, the tv detection vans have been working overtime lately, I know a few people who have been busted, fuck I always thought they were a myth!

I dont watch that much tv either, but I love the documentary channels, Discovery, History etc. Its infuriating how 6 minutes (sometimes less!) in to the program you have to sit through some god awful shite advertising, even worse it comes in twice as loud as the program.

I cannie watch films on channels that have commercial breaks, would rather buy the dvd if I really fancy it.

Board footer