You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: December 16, Key Arena- Seattle, WA

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I will never ever agree with someone telling someone else what they should or shouldn't do with THEIR band. There was a Slash interview where he said he asked Axl if he'd ever do a solo project and Axl said GN'R was his solo project. He agreed, and so do I.

Well if that is what was said then it's clear Axl was arrogant enough to feel HE was/is Guns N' Roses. Kinda puts the idea of it being a  "band" to rest now doesn't it. Axl could sing nusery Rhymes and call it Guns N' Roses and that'd' be cool cause it's HIS SOLO project so....  You've basically just expressed that you think Slash and Co. were bit parts in Axl Roses saga of life.  Never bandmates just musicians to help Axl fulfill his destiny and vision. LAME! Guns N' Roses always an Axl Rose solo project 14

I recall Slash saying he encouraged Axl to go do his solo thing and then come back to Guns. I highly doubt Slash ever ment that he agreed Guns N' Roses was Axl's solo project. Obviously a  quote taken way outta context.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What you're saying is totally out of context and exaggerating to the umth degree, on top of assuming what I think - He said Axl devoted himself to the band and didn't seperate himself, or the music he made, from the band. And he understood that.

Nothing arrogant that he didn't want to go outside the band he created to make music. Don't understand that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I will never ever agree with someone telling someone else what they should or shouldn't do with THEIR band. There was a Slash interview where he said he asked Axl if he'd ever do a solo project and Axl said GN'R was his solo project. He agreed, and so do I.

my memory is Slash said Axl thinks GnR as his solo project. i thought he was being sarky, kinda jokey about it, but it does explain the mindset yea. he may have understood axl's passion but i don't think he agreed to it being Axl's project.
ftr i don't agree. 
& am of the opinion Axl coulda tried his hand at things outside GnR's scope (& that not everything has to be squeezed into GnR material).

misterID

misterID wrote:

Nah, what Slash said was that Axl would never work outside or create music outside GN'R; he'd put all that into the band, so he understood that.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

What you're saying is totally out of context and exaggerating to the umth degree, on top of assuming what I think - He said Axl devoted himself to the band and didn't seperate himself, or the music he made, from the band. And he understood that.

Nothing arrogant that he didn't want to go outside the band he created to make music. Don't understand that.

Exactly what I said. Axl didn't wantt od oa  "solo" record. You totally misquoted the actual comment saying Axl viewd Gn'R as his solo project and Slash agreed. That wasn't what was said at all  yet that's how you put it across. 14

misterID

misterID wrote:

Exactly what you said? uh, okay. 16

Never said Axl was GN'R, like you suggested. Read the response to John.

I put it across pretty clear, I thought. I didn't say anything like that. You could have asked if you didn't understand. But, you didn't. You decided to exaggerate and assume what I meant.

Bono

Bono wrote:

yeah man it is exactly what I said. Slash encouraged Axl to do a solo project Axl didn't want to. You said(totally misquoted it and took it out of context) that Axl viewed Guns N' Roses as HIS solo project and Slash agreed and so do you. Your post was either so poorly worded or you were trying to give the impression that Slash agreed that Guns N' Roses was Axl's solo project. Pretty sure Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven would highly disgaree with that.

your resposne to johndiveny was AFTER the fact. AFTER he had also questioned what you were saying. AFTER I had elabaorated onwhat you were trying to say about Slash "agreeing" . Also you specified what was actually said AFTER my response to you because clearly your original post was painting it in a completely false way.  You even highlighted THEIR in your first post to emphasis it was Axl's band.

Slash wanted Axl to do his own solo project and  then return and contribute to Guns N' Roses as a BAND. Axl didn't want to do that because he saw himself and himself alone as Guns N' Roses. Slash never felt Gn"R was Axl's solo project. He aknowledegd that's pretty much how Axl viewed it.  that's it, that's all.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Sorry to interupt this "he-said-he-said-YES-that-is-what-I-said-he-said"-competition some of you guys have going on here.

But check THIS out! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8A112D34C7233528

Almost the entire gig!

Saw this over at HTGTH.

I'm only three or four songs in, audio and video is not the best ever, but this looks like a kick ass show so far!!!

Bono

Bono wrote:

That's awesome footage and the audio isn't that bad to be honest. the vide is nice and sharp too.  pretty good I thought. I only watched CD and Jungle though. I actually really like how they open the show with CD. With DJ up top and the redish glow off the screens and the pyro. It's pretty sweet I think. The only down side is it doesn't get the  instant reaction the way Jungle does but probably much better to go from CD --> Jungle than the other way around.

Board footer