You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: The Forum - Inglewood, CA 12/21/11

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Reminded me of how hard The Blues actually is to pull off live.

RIR3 was perfection, the arrangement has never been all that great since (the less said about the album version, the better).

This one; Axl, Tommy and Dizzy are good as a threesome. When the full band kicks in, you sense the song getting slightly overpowered, even if DJ totally nails his solos.

Axl sounds killer, band does good. Still, just give the song more room. A great direction for the live version, but not quite in RIR3 heights yet.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

RIR3 was perfection, the arrangement has never been all that great since (the less said about the album version, the better).

If too fast is perfection then yes

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

No offence..but I'm still yet to understand why everyone who likes this song seems to hate the album version. I think it's a beautiful song and that the version on the record is kickass, I'll grant it's heavily produced with the ending and stuff...but I don't know what the problem is.

This was a pretty cool live version, I miss the tone Axl used to hit on some of the higher notes, used to be more aggressive or raspy or something and while he's on pitch here I'm not used to it sounding quite as "clean" but otherwise I think it sounds great.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's truly funny, bad tempo has become what people think SOD should sound like. It was prolly never even meant to be that quick.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Actually if i was going to add anything to the SOD studio cut I'd have Axl sing the synth line like he did at Boston 2002.

This version is also a good example of how the high parts in the first verse are raspier back in the day as well.

Anyways check out around 3.30 for the bit I always wish was on the album now...

Board footer