You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Misunderstood Lyrics

Gunslinger wrote:

I thought it would be fun to have a thread about misunderstood lyrics.  There's no easier way of feeling like a horse's ass than to be tossing back a few suds with some friends, hear a song you like and start belting out some lyrics...only to have someone give you "that look" and start cracking up because the lyrics were wrong!

One of mine:  When I first heard Breakdown (yes I was too damned lazy to read the lyrics) I thought Axl was saying "Everybody wants to sell you a different buyer"....I was like "WTF???"

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

The line in the song "Love Her Madly" by The Doors when he says "Don't you love her as she's walking out the door." I first thought it was "Don't you love her ASS, she's walking out the door." 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha good thread...

i cant recall any at the moment exceot this one...

RHCP...dunno what song it is but the lyrics are

With the birds i share this loney view

for the longest time i couldnt figure out what he was saying...i thought he was saying "with this bird shit" but couldnt figure out the rest 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Killing the neighbor, yeah, we're killing all the neighbours.

My idea of Killing In The Name until I saw the title.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

First time I heard Master of Puppets I misheard it as Bastard of Puppets and thought they kept shouting Bastard!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

My roomate was singing along to Personal Jesus and sang 'reach out and touch face' instead of faith 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

With the birds i share this loney view

I thought he said "Whisper to shed it's a lonely view"

For Def Leppards Pour some Sugar on Me where he sings "Do you like Sugar, One lump or two" I thought he said "Your lips like sugar.." and relaly had no idea what he said after that. I guess I would jusst sing along about (When I'm with you or something). Oddly enough I didn't find out the lyrics until about 2 or 3 weeks ago I was watching We are the 80's on VH1 & one of the people commented on that line. I thought to myself, 'Huh, I never knew that'

AtariLegend wrote:

"Somebody raped my tapeworm abortion
Come on motherf*ckers and deliver the cow"

- I'm still not quite sure what Weiland was actually singing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Mellencamp, Jack & Dianne "Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon you'll be swimming again."

(He really says 'you'll be women & men'). Good artist though, I like him alot.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I went to a concert in high school and a band was singing some classic Brownsville Station.  They thought the name of the song was "Smokey and the Boys Rule"  (Smokin' in the Boys Room).  Needless to say, we had a good chuckle about it.

Board footer