You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: This I Love live '92 Seattle?

Mikkamakka wrote:

The main theme of the song was supposedly played in Seattle, 1992, during the November Rain intro. Sounds original to me, Axl's typical sloppy piano playing.

http://soundcloud.com/gnrbootlegs/guns- … piano-solo

I'm bloody sure TIL has at least half a dozen versions in Axl's vault.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Definetely there's the main melody of the verses and chorus there...

I've recently asked Matt Sorum if he played with Slash and Duff on any version of This I Love and he said no, there was only piano versions floating around back then.

Also, that he didn't work on any song that ended up being released by Axl - Oh My God included - and that he wasn't proud of any work he done with the band after Slash's departure.

Sky Dog wrote:

I can see that it was only piano even up until after the new band was formed. Axl may have intended it to be all piano and strings from the get go. Remember, he said it wasn't even going to be on the album and Robin convinced him to do it.

I like the song. However, it really doesn't fit on Chinese Democracy. To me, it sounds like a song written for a movie soundtrack.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

There's a few hints there but not much.

Anything fits on Chinese Democracy, it's a mix of whatever. It sort of makes it interesting.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
madagas wrote:

I like the song. However, it really doesn't fit on Chinese Democracy. To me, it sounds like a song written for a movie soundtrack.

Although written by Axl alledgedly in Paris, '92, the song was rumoured to be on What Dreams May Come and almost made the cut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Dream … Soundtrack

"Dawn Soler, the musical supervisor for the film, has said in an interview that Axl Rose intended to have the then-unreleased Guns N' Roses song "This I Love" in the film, but Ward did not use the song. It was later added to the band's album Chinese Democracy."

Sky Dog wrote:
DCK wrote:

There's a few hints there but not much.

Anything fits on Chinese Democracy, it's a mix of whatever. It sort of makes it interesting.

These days I like shorter albums that tend to have a unified "feel" to them. The lyrics throughout the album have a unified theme but the music is all over the board. It's interesting to a point then it feels like a compilation album....which, in essence, it is. It is clearly a "leaks" version of the Chinese Democracy sessions.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I can definitely hear some of it in there.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That's pretty cool. That whole piano intro is "This I Love," just sped up, but the whole struckture of that solo is the song itself.

Sky Dog wrote:

that is what I thought but at a minimum there are a few bits and pieces in there..just at a faster tempo.

If Axl wasn't so sloppy it might have been good. I don't know what Slash, Duff and Izzy saw in that guy back in the day...no talent. 19

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

That was fantastic. Kind of wish the final song had that faster tempo.

Board footer