You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: NFL Playoffs

PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think Montana & Jordan are the two greatest athletes in history.

No offence here but Americans so regularly ignore Wayne Gretzky from this discussion. Mostly cause hockey isn't America's thing for the most part  so I can forgive it but let's be honest no athlete in the history of team sports dominated the way Gretzky did. His Accomplishments are absolutely unmatched.  The dude has more assists in hockey than any other player has points.  He was an icon on the world stage in terms of international play as well. I'm in no way shape or form knocking the accompishments of the others but when you look at what they did in their respective sports stats wise then look at what Grextky did in his, there is NO comparison. Championships included Gretzky had four himself so it's not like those guys even have a huge edge in that department.

The play where the Patriots recoverd but had 12 men on the field was a HUGE game changer. One that many people are simply overlooking. It's been overshadowed by the obvious dropped pass by Welker but it played just as big a  role in the Patriots loss. Huge error on their part that cost them big. 

They should get the Foo Fighters and the Dallas Cowboys to play the Super Bowl next.

I agree Gretzky is a bit overlooked.  Mostly not only because hockey isn't as popular as the other 3 sports here in the US, but I think also the nature of the sport isn't as impactful for one player.  It's close to baseball in that, one position player, alone doesn't have a huge impact on a season per se.  A pitcher, similar to a goalie, can be a stud. (Roy, Broduer, Mariano Rivera, Roger Clemens etc), and their stats can be legendary.  But check out Pujols for instance, he bats .300 and hits 35+ HR's a game. Very rare in non-steroid baseball. But he's not as often up their with kobe/Jordan/Brady talk.  I think hockeys the same way.  Plus, in playing only shifts & 20 minutes per game, the have somewhat even less impact over teams success & wins/losses.  That Oilers team did have a phenomenal lineup too.

---
Yeah, that penalty did get overlooked, however IF the Pats didn't have 12 men on the field, myb they don't recover the fumble.  It's a bit easier & the odds are with you more if you have an extra man out there looking for it.

--------

Foo would be great.  I think them or, laugh at me all you want, Journey (Dont Stop Believin, Faithfully).  It'll probably be an older rocker, has Bon Jovi done it?   Myb it'll be him. I f'ing just hope it's not Clapton.. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Go GIANTS!!!

Haha, you haven't posted here in 3 years..   j/k, congrats to your team.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Go GIANTS!!!

Haha, you haven't posted here in 3 years..   j/k, congrats to your team.

I don't post as much as I used to, but I'm always lurking!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Went to the giants parade today. Its always a good time when your in a bar and drunk before 11 am. 16

Board footer