You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Feb. 19th, 2012 - House of Blues, Chicago, IL

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
killingvector wrote:

btw, listening to the HOB show and it is quite brutal through Sorry. Axl is chewing up the stage with some really terrible caterwalling.

I thought Axl was good, not great, not horrible.  I'd give him a B or so.  He was erratic, per usual.

I agree with your assessment of last night. But I think he's been more consistent overall in this most recent round of touring than not.

Ali

The helium voice has crept back in, unfortunately. The Blues is usually a stand out, but it was pretty bad last night.

I loved You're Crazy, This I Love, Sorry, and LALD....but then there was a lousy Estranged, Blues, Brownstone, Jungle, and CD.

Very uneven. I agree with that assessment.

killingvector

Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I don't know the origin of it. Smells more like management's hand which is probably being ignored by security with more pressing issues.

I don't know how much I buy the management-security alignment. I read something by Powerage5 on MyGNR about how a security guard was telling him to put away the camera, but Fernando was tellin the security guard to let them take pictures. The security guy said no, apparently.  This was at the Ritz.

Ali

Rogue security.......just don't buy that, especially since Axl has kicked out audience members holding up Slash shirts in the past.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
gibbo wrote:

This is still the go but
[youtube]uala12qOrQU&feature=related[/youtube]

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I don't know the origin of it. Smells more like management's hand which is probably being ignored by security with more pressing issues.

I don't know how much I buy the management-security alignment. I read something by Powerage5 on MyGNR about how a security guard was telling him to put away the camera, but Fernando was tellin the security guard to let them take pictures. The security guy said no, apparently.  This was at the Ritz.

Ali

Rogue security.......just don't buy that, especially since Axl has kicked out audience members holding up Slash shirts in the past.

Read the guy's post.  GN'R is supposed to be anti-cameras, right?  Axl posed for a picture for this guy, so did Ron.  When did Axl actually throw someone out for wearing a Slash shirt?  Please don't say RIR 2001 as you can't see the shirt the audience member was wearing from the pro-shot broadcast video.

Ali

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The 2nd half of the show is much stronger from Axl, thats when I tuned in and never found him to be off much at all, pretty good for the most part.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

killingvector

Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

Read the guy's post.  GN'R is supposed to be anti-cameras, right?  Axl posed for a picture for this guy, so did Ron.  When did Axl actually throw someone out for wearing a Slash shirt?  Please don't say RIR 2001 as you can't see the shirt the audience member was wearing from the pro-shot broadcast video.

Ali

I don't remember the exact show, but it was definitely post-Rio 01.

You assume that management passes this all through Axl. From what I recall, Slash was intercepted at the Hard Rock by management without any suggestion by the redhead.

I think there are issues that management chooses not to filter through Axl b/c these are issues regarding  the artist's state of mind.  The artist prepares himself for the show, focuses on the show, and executes during the show. Micromanaging is left to the tour and band management.

Do they always see eye to eye with the artist? Absolutely not.

Board footer