You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

Gibbo wrote:

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Thanks, Gibbo! 5

I'm not that impressed with the song. The intro sucks, sounds like a demo, the rest is alright, Myles is good. A song for the radio, I guess, I didn't expect the new Coma. I wish either the radios would play the shit out of this song, or Slash would go back to the old-school, non-commercial blues rock records.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

like all Slash music these days, I hear elements that I love but the whole thing has that special something missing...
Again give that tune to Uncle Ax and all would be well with the world again (for me at least).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Does remind me of Beautiful Dangerous in that it's a nicely radio friendly song...solo is tasty.

Decent offering for a first single...looking forward to the album.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Well, what can I say. I dig it, the opening riff at 20 seconds in, has that classic Slash tone, that no-one but him can produce. Myles sounds cool, and the chorus has grown on me. Nice tasty little Slash solo in there too.
It's not the greatest thing Slash has put out, but it's got some balls, and it'll be nice to hear on the radio instead of Nickelback and alike.

If this is the most 'radio friendly' track on there, I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Agree with most of the above comments, radio friendly style of offering albeit a bit rockier than most of the other shit on the radio.

It sounded a bit repetitive, reasonable little solo in there.

I'm hoping there are some meatier offerings on the cd than this.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'm hoping there are some meatier offerings on the cd than this.

Eddie Trunk was talking up the tracks that he heard last year, and this wasn't one of them, so here's hoping! 9

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Better than SBQM.....  Pretty rocking...  Pretty solid song.  I think this is just a teaser, they will save a better song for the release date single.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Better than SBQM.....  Pretty rocking...  Pretty solid song.  I think this is just a teaser, they will save a better song for the release date single.

I didn't think of that, but yeah, this shits all over SBQM without a doubt.

As radio friendly as this track is, it still has some balls, and I'm glad about that. That heavy riff is better than any of the rock riffs on Libertad.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

After 3 listens... well, the song sounds much, much better. I think it's closer to Snakepit 2 than anything VR has ever done, yet it's catchy and radio friendly. It's a good tune - not the next Welcome to the Jungle, but decent.

Board footer