You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R returns to the UK

johndivney wrote:

50 clams is good, same price as Belfast last time. It's 70euro in Dublin. Fri mite in Glasgow is righteous gonna go off.

johndivney wrote:

the grauniad is laying out the typically barbed welcome mat:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/fe … es-uk-tour

Guns N' Roses have announced a short UK tour to follow their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Axl Rose's troupe of hard rockers will return to England and Scotland for the first time since their disastrous Reading and Leeds festival gigs in 2010.

The band will play seven shows, beginning at the Nottingham Arena on 19 May and finishing at London's O2 on 31 May. Dates are also scheduled in Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Birmingham and Manchester.

Guns N' Roses' British concerts will come about a month after the group is due to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rumours abound about the possibility of a reunion: "all the original band" will appear at the ceremony on 14 April in Cleveland, Ohio, according to keyboardist Dizzy Reed. But there's no word whether Rose will reunite and perform with some of his estranged former bandmates, including Slash. "I have no idea what's going on," the guitarist admitted in a recent interview. Slash last played with the band in 1993.

Although it has been almost a year and a half since Guns N' Roses were bottled off stage in Dublin and their sets were cut short at Reading and Leeds, the band seem up to the same old tricks. At Thursday night's concert in Silver Spring, Maryland, they didn't step on stage until after midnight. "Where did these guys even find the gall to call themselves Guns N' Roses?" asked the Washington Post. "For three torturous hours, the guys sucked the life force from some of the most anthemic rock songs ever written ... It wasn't a rock concert. It was a hostage situation."

Tickets for the band's UK tour go on sale on Friday 2 March at 9am.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The uk media always tries to put people off going to the shows by having a negative slant to their announcements, does my nut in but pretty used to it by now.
Pretty funny how despite all their attempts the shows are always packed out.
Wonder how this tour will sell though, wasnt that long since they were in the UK, and the media will go all out to remind people of the Reading and Leeds fiasco.

But Glasgow will be bouncing thats for damn sure 9

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Think I'll go to the opening show on the Saturday in Nottingham, then my glorious Friday night hometown show in Glezga, and possibly the last show of the tour in London, depending on how flush I am.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Guns N' Roses announce seven-date UK arena tour for May

The US rock band will start the concerts in Nottingham on 19 May.

They will then play dates in Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Birmingham and Manchester before finishing at London's O2 Arena on 31 May.

The original members of Guns N' Roses are due to appear together on the same stage in April as the band is inducted into the US Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

Guns N' Roses is made up of singer Axl Rose, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson, rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer plus lead guitarists Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.

Former members include Slash, Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum.

Other bands being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio, on 14 April include Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beastie Boys.

Guns N' Roses last performed together in the UK in 2010.

They were bottled off stage at a concert in Dublin after they arrived on stage nearly an hour late and their set was cut short after they played past their curfew at Reading that year.

The band say they are working on new material at the moment.

Their last album, 2008's Chinese Democracy, made it to number two in the UK album chart.

The UK tour dates are as follows:

Nottingham Capital FM Arena - 19 May

Liverpool Echo Arena - 20

Newcastle Metro Radio Arena - 23

Glasgow SECC - 25

Birmingham LG Arena - 26

Manchester Evening News Arena - 29

London O2 Arena - 31

Tickets for the tour go on sale on Friday 3 March at 9am.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/17176686

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

They keep mentioning them being "bottled off" in Dublin, really hope they dont appear too late in Glasgow, it's a Friday night so it'll be full of drunk punters who snap into lets cause some carnage mode at the drop of a hat hmm

johndivney wrote:

afd

glasgow will be proper banging on a fri gnr gig
one of those gnr gigs primed for disaster or glory

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The press sort off doesn't want ANYONE to go to see ANY band. I have no idea why they always want to put such a tabloidish negative twist on things. Does it sell more? It's like they want us all to be negative lazy bastards, sitting home reading...oh..wait.

Got it.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

johndivney wrote:

the grauniad is laying out the typically barbed welcome mat:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/fe … es-uk-tour

Guns N' Roses have announced a short UK tour to follow their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Axl Rose's troupe of hard rockers will return to England and Scotland for the first time since their disastrous Reading and Leeds festival gigs in 2010.

Minor nitpick but Reading and Leeds were in August 2010, I saw GNR in Manchester in October 2010, they'd been round half of Europe in between. I also seem to remember the UK tour (rather than the two festival dates) being very well reviewed.

Whatever, should be used to it by now....

Anyway, glad to see their going to be back, fingers crossed they keep Estranged in the setlist til May 29th.

Apparently it's called the 'Nightrain' tour, has been called that in the rest of the world?

Board footer