You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

johndivney wrote:

boo-hoo

you heard? well someone else heard differently..

if he had to apologise to everyone he's slighted over the yrs he'd never get anything done..

not that anything gets fuckin done anyway, just saying..

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i believe the basics of this story. especially, considering how he wasn`t told about the talking metal interview until after the concert. it`s clear after all these stories over the years, that axl`s managers/ hangers on/ etc only tell him what they think he should know. it`s entirely possible the manager at that time (doug goldstein?) tried to make the show happen until the last minute, as he knew a second cancellation would end the tour...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's the truth he's telling, but it's never the big picture. It's just one mans side of a situation that went down. Ask someone else, the manager for example, the core is still there, but the twist would be entirely different. And that's how it is with humans

Lomax wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's the truth he's telling, but it's never the big picture. It's just one mans side of a situation that went down. Ask someone else, the manager for example, the core is still there, but the twist would be entirely different. And that's how it is with humans

Touché

(those pesky varmints)

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

It still amazes me how we've got letters from Merck, interviews with Alan Niven, the litigation papers with Azoff but NO ONE seems to be interested in what Goldstein has to say...

I guess he would/could share some VERY interesting info...

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
Naltav wrote:

A little insight into something that happened 10 years ago, for those that care!
smile

gunsnrosesCD: at tonights' show in Philly Axl talked about the Philadelphia's riot in 02: "The true story is we tried to cancel... http://t.co/o4Pr8Thc
tue, feb 28 11:24:25 from Facebook

at tonights' show in Philly Axl talked about the Philadelphia's riot in 02: "The true story is we tried to cancel the show that morning. My manager told me he canceled it, but he lied. Then, we tried to cancel it again but Clear Channel wanted the tour to fail so they didn't let me cancel it. They wanted me to just not show and cause a riot. But the truth is, I was sick. It didn't have anything to do with fur coats, or basketball games".

It's cool that he addressed it, finally.  It was in December, so prime time for virus-based illnesses.

Ali

And yet again what's the common theme? He blames everyone else. He's so full of shit yet some just eat it up whatever he says. CC wanted the tour to fail and wanted a right uh huh roll His manager lied uh huh roll Funny how his bandmates had no clue what was going on..... gee maybe that's cause Axl's story to this is absolute garbage.

Did you even actually listen to what he said?  If you actually took the time to do that and be truly informed as to what his comments actually were you would know that he did not in fact "blame everyone else".  He even said he was not innocent in this.

Furthermore, he did not say his manager lied.  He said he asked his manager to cancel and he didn't.  Also, it WAS actually announced on the PA that same night that there was an illness in the band.

Last, he never said CC wanted a riot, or a "right" 16

Again, listening to what he actually said you would see that the above reported transcript of his comments are not correct.

The actual transcript of his comments:

“... Couldn't talk about shit for 5 years or I would have gotten sued for about everything I own by, fuckin’ corporate radio and shit, that were backing our tour. So I had to shut up. I mean, I did cancel the first show, at six in the morning. But my manager told me he canceled it and then didn’t. And then Clear Channel wanted us to fuck up, because they wanted to end the tour. ‘Cause they had some shit going on in Florida or something… I don’t know, something … a whole bunch of bullshit. But I got really sick; it had nothing to do with fur coats or basketball games or, you know ... I love Philly. I came to visit here a few times and stuff, I really liked it. So on this we decided, ‘OK we’re gonna risk it, what if we can throw in a show in Philly, and we can get in Philly and get out.' (unintelligible) don't go to jail. ... So it’s good to be here with you people tonight. I want to apologize for my part of that. You know, so… I’m not saying I’m innocent.”

Ali

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

So, Ali, basically he acknowledges he cancelled the first show (Vancouver) at 6AM but he never mentions asking his manager about Philly, correct?

Philly was a total mess by him being sick and DIDNT warning anyone about it (on 6AM or after, it seems), therefore why the band members were at the gig.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Wasnt he photographed at a baseball game the next day?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He said he was sick, I'm taking it as sick in head.

johndivney wrote:

Lol

Board footer