You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

Lomax wrote:
Bono wrote:

Had Axl sang over this exact piece of music most who are complaing it sucks would say how fucking awesome it is and  they all know it. It's laughable that this song can be labelled shit and then the same people will turn around and talk about how amazing IRS is. Give me a fucking break

I think Chinese Democracy is a ball of shit. I also think this is a ball of shit. I prefer Snakepit 2 to CD.
I prefer Miley Cyrus to this though.

Just because someone doesn't think this is good doesn't automatically make them a Fanboy for Axls stuff.

Mikkamakka wrote:

The difference between Axl and Slash fans that Axlites will praise any shit with him 'mind-blowing' and hate everything Slash does for 'being shitty'. While Slash fans have a larger scale to rate things - I do like a few tunes off CD a lot, and can enjoy some others, depending on the mood. The difference maybe because some of us, 'Slashites' are at least bedroom musicians, while Axl fans are shower singers, only.

That's the most retarded thing I have ever read on these boards. You know better because you are a bedroom musician and your opinion matters because it's right and everyone else is wrong.
Do the world peace a favor and avoid islam.

Oh and I have a masters degree in music composition and am working towards becoming a musicologist.
I also play in a live band a few nights a month. I'm a guitarist.
I still think this song is a ball of shit. Not because of axl or slash but because it doesn't speak to me personally, it doesn't engage me or lift me off the ground the way a song like Neither Can I or Ain't Life Grand does. On Chinese Democracy, the Blues and Better do that but all in all the production kills that album for me.

I fully understand that this is just your opinion and in your own world all these things you are saying hold through, but they don't hold true in my world and I won't pretend that they do to appease your fanboy terrorism 16 (I'm trademarking that phrase) Radical Fundamentalist fanboyism of the highest order.

When Slither came out, so called GN'R fans (they are not - they are Axlites) were calling it shitty. Then it became a monster rock hit, much, much bigger, than anything off Chinese Mediocrity. Later these same people said it was the only good song on the album, the rest sucked. Then Libertad came out, and suddenly Contraband was much better. Now You're a Lie is the worst shit ever made on this planet.

I love Slither. Always have wasn't even on GNR boards when it was released, I was about half way through high school.

I'm done with this zealot fanboyism.

Best avoid mirrors at all costs then, you're likely to find a die hard slash fan swearing his allegiance to Snakepit and vowing to kill the infidel non believers like me.

These people are either tone deaf, or blind cultist haters, or liars.

I'm not a fan of this new Slash song. I like it to a certain degree. It does not suck at all, although far from anything memorable. It's an okay song, I expected and expect much more from him. That's my Slashite fanboyism, and I think the same can be said about Bono, D, Smoking, Metallex etc. On the other hand Axlites are always satisfied with any shit he puts out, any awful show he does, everything. He's King Axl for them, they praise even his last fart for the melody and unique rhythm. That's the difference.

There is no difference between Axlites and Slashites you buffoon. Same shit different Mascotts.

If you're gong to be such a ratty little bitch you could at least post up a list of these "Axlites" too so that they can laugh at your delusion.

p.s 13

Mikkamakka wrote:

I wasn't talking about you, Izzy fan. BTW if someone from the old GN'R puts out mediocre, unispired stuff, that's Izzy. He wrote 4 or 5 potential good songs in the past 20 years, the rest was the same tune with different titles. He only showed how much the others' input was needed in GN'R, to make it sound like GN'R and not some amateur playing in a garage. The Izzy myth is even more disturbing than the 'Axl was GN'R' bullshit.

??????? You're an asshole.

For the record I love slash's work on guitar hero. He's really good at making money and wearing way cool hats bro.

Slash-axl-rose-and-slash-17812872-324-500.jpg

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

See, like Bono and D, you're assuming people don't like it because of Axl, or whatever, There's no one on this board who's coming into this thread and bashing the song specifically because of being an Axl fan. I don't see any "Axlite" here doing any of that.

I want Slash to make great music. It just sucks to hear this. Again, this is just one song. But I like what I like. Me liking Chinese has nothing to do with how I feel about this song.

It's very slick, polished and produced like a Hinder song, or whateuver corporate rock band you want to put there. "Promise" and "Saint Is A Sinner Too" didn't sound like that. The music he wrote on Libertad was cool, imo. And he had an awesome producer. I didn't care for Contraband, save a couple songs and some cool solos. But I know what he's capable of and this song feels like a step backwards.

It just isn't my thing. But please don't try to say I don't like it ONLY because I like CD, or I'll take any song Axl throws out there. That's petty and childish. And I don't know of i on this board that's like that.

If someone doesnt like it, that is fine. I have no problem with THAT. My problem is when people start throwing in their reasons nevermind the fact they convenienly didnt judge cd on the same criteria. People sayin slash is too modern would b the same people sayin he hasnt evolved or still wears same clothes etc etc. I feel some look for any reason to hang their hat on to dislike it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Dear Riad,

Fuck you. You are a desperate sad stupid zealot fanatic fuck.

Cheers,

M

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

If someone doesnt like it, that is fine. I have no problem with THAT. My problem ia when people start throwing in their reasons nevermind the fact they convenienly didnt judge cd on the same criteria. People sayin slash is too modern would b the same sayin he hasnt evolved or still wears same clothes etc etc. I feel some look for any reason to hang their hat on to dislike it.

Some do that's right but not all of us. What we need on this forum more than anything is a bit more understanding (yeah I'm one to talk after I gave mikka an epic beatdown) . None of us are objective we can't help that so lets stop demanding the impossible of each other.

I can't look at either of these 2 objectively anymore because I love slash  and I love axl both in different ways of course. But this song is not the Slash I love and so I don't care for it, in fact I think it's awful.

So fucking what though? I'm not capable of liking something I don't like. We need to get over ourselves here I think, me included.

From a certain POV this is a great song, from my POV no it's not.

Like look at this shit:

Mikkamakka wrote:

Dear Riad,

Fuck you. You are a desperate sad stupid zealot fanatic fuck.

Cheers,

M

Because we have a differing opinion.... It's ridiculous.

Grow up Mikka.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

You need to grew up. You are the chose one who judge what's shitty and what's not, you are spitting personal insults and then acting like you'd be a gentleman. I'm sick of your kind and don't need your stupid shit in my life. Welcome on my ignore list.

Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You need to grew up. You are the chose one who judge what's shitty and what's not, you are spitting personal insults and then acting like you'd be a gentleman. I'm sick of your kind and don't need your stupid shit in my life. Welcome on my ignore list.

Ooooookay... That's not pathetic ... in the least

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

See dude when u say it like that i got no problem with it. Im a slashlite and an axlite but im also a realist or try to be. I can say rir4 was embarrassing cause it was. Makes me no less an axl fan. I can also say how shitty slash was at grammys with jamie foxx and frgie at super bowl. Doesnt make me less of a fan. I can say cd is overrated as fuck but still love the band. I try to remove my fandom as much as possible. Doesnt always work,but i try. Slash's guitar is slightly above avg on the song but i do think its ear candy with a subject i can relate to. It isnt van halen a different kind of truth but neither is cd. Although u would have some im sure that would say robin is better than eddie. Those people i pity

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

See dude when u say it like that i got no problem with it. Im a slashlite and an axlite but im also a realist or try to be.
I can say rir4 was embarrassing cause it was.

Agreed I found it embarrassing too

Makes me no less an axl fan. I can also say how shitty slash was at grammys with jamie foxx and frgie at super bowl.

Yeah for sure.

Doesnt make me less of a fan. I can say cd is overrated as fuck but still love the band. I try to remove my fandom as much as possible. Doesnt always work,but i try. Slash's guitar is slightly above avg on the song but i do think its ear candy with a subject i can relate to. It isnt van halen a different kind of truth but neither is cd. Although u would have some im sure that would say robin is better than eddie. Those people i pity

I just don't get the Axl Slash divide. To understand what either one is capable of you have to compare them to their best work and their best work was done together.

Neither have eclipsed the work they did with one another.
Until one of them does the verdict is out.

It's just that simple in my mind. CD proves Axl needs Slash and VR/solo proves Slash needs Axl.

It's not as simple as 2 people working together, those two together are a separate entity altogether.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I already said this, but I really can get into Slash's playing on this, but Myles is .... uh, not good. And Slash continually choosing to work with people that make his overall body of work mediocre reflects on him as an artist, not his playing ability. His playing ability is great if not better than ever.

Does this makes me an Axlite or Slashite? Discuss.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

No offense Mikka, but it seems to me like YOU started this.  YOU were the one to call out Riad and based on his screen name you labeled him an "Axlite".  Then you went on and challenged his musical knowledge and seemed to deem yourself a musical genius.  You had to expect a response like the one that was given.

I don't know where all this is coming from.  Are you, D, Bono, etc. arguing with people from other boards or people from HERE?  I don't think anyone here HATES Slash.  That just isn't the case.  NOBODY in this thread said they hated this song because of Slash.  No one has said they've hated Slash in the past.  So I don't see the need to jump to that conclusion. 

On the flipside, I don't think anyone here really HATES Axl either.  Though I do think people are more highly critical of him than Slash.  I guess it's just a case of people sticking up for one or the other when others "attack them".  But you guys seem to be taking it to an extreme level.

Ease up.  Not everyone loves this song.  Yet the song hasn't even been out for a week yet.  It could grow on people in time.  And even if it doesn't, there's an entire album left to diagnose.  I have a feeling not every song is going to be a hit, so prepare yourselves for that fact.  I also have a strong feeling there's going to be some great shit on there that "most" of us can enjoy.  But seriously, enough with the grandstanding, and "I know more than you" attitudes.  It's childish.

Board footer