You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Neemo wrote:

man...if any of you likes board games and strategy games (that have an element of controversy), like this series (book or show wise), have 3-6 freinds that are of the same opinion and you can donate about 4 hours of your time

the board game is pretty killer...was alot of fun...we played twice this weekend...once you get the mechanics down it can get pretty intense

johndivney wrote:

that's cool. is it much like Risk?

& RE: peter dinklage - my absolute fave line from the first season is when he's walking thru the woods w/jerome from robson & jerome & he says, "i like living!" and saunters on.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

kinda like risk in the fact that you have plastic army peices and you can move them from one area to the next to conquer that area...but there are limits to army sizes that dont make it crazy like risk when one player becomes unstoppable...pretty well balanced game i thought...i was baratheons and i took over a bunch of areas right awaY (goal is to control 7 castles) then eveyone ganged up on me...was p retty intense...also an inherant sense of betrayal (like the show/books) so it makes it interesting 16

johndivney wrote:

haha that does sound excellent!
i freaking love Risk & GoT so it does sound sweet. gonna say to my mates & see if we can set aside an evening for this.
[/geek]

BUT i've ONLY watched Season 1 & NOT read any of the books (cause i dont wanna spoil the show!)[/geek]
i assume there's stuff in the game i wouldn't know about having only watched the show??

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

no spoilers after book one in the game ... unless you count characters introduced in books 2 and 3

but it doesnt tell you about the plot of the books or anything (or who the people actually are)

i warn you its a bit pricey but i would say worth it if you play it regualrily...its really well thought out mechanics and all that

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I'm so, so excited for Season Two.

--------------------------------------

I bought the Season One Blu-Ray and it's incredible quality.

$35 is an absolute steal.

Lomax wrote:

Sorry, I thought I posted this last night:

johndivney wrote:

this season has been terrible

absolutely nothing interesting has happened. it's been all strung out til the end w/incremental developments. a real disappointment after being primed perfectly last yr for a season of epic war.
instead what have we had? diddley fucking dick.
& even the quota of tits has dried up lately.

last yr there were kids getting pushed outta windows, incest, the killing/death of the king, 'the others', dragons & sean bean.
this yr?! fucking shite.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Thought I'd share this:

I was in Best Buy a minute ago (picking up Monty Python and the Holy Grail on blu-ray) when I heard a customer ask a manager what "Game of Thrones" is. The manager replied "It's sci-fi, just like Lord of the Rings".

This is the same Best Buy where the music associate didn't know who Van Halen was a few weeks back.

16 science fiction? WTF? My buddy called it that the other day too. I was like Ummmmm. NO! It's Fantasy not Science Fiction. 

Star Wars, Star Trek, etc etc = Science Fiction

Midieval Times w/ dragons and shit = Fantasy

The staff at that best Buy sound pretty inept. LOTR sure as shit is not science fiction  14

now somone can correct me if I'm wrong  10

Board footer